• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic | 161 praises

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

Teckmeister
  • Teckmeister
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Well, those of you who can recognize the title of the show will know that 倚天屠龙记 has been re-produced by multiple TV stations over many years. The earliest versions were made during the 70s in Hong Kong and the latest one was produced by a TV station in China this year.

Because the art of fight choreography and the science of TV special effects have been getting better and better since the 70s, it should mean that the more recent productions of 
倚天屠龙记 will always have better fight scenes that the earlier versions.

But that's not always the case. For example, in 1993, a Hong Kong director(王晶) made a movie version of 倚天屠龙记 which had vastly superior fighting scenes compared to a couple of TV productions made after 2000. Those post-2000 versions were so badly made that the fight scenes consisted mainly of just the characters striking poses with cheap special effects taking place in the back ground.

So anyway, back to the title of this discussion thread. Which version of 倚天屠龙记 has the best fighting scenes? Share your choices here and feel free to explain why one is better than the other.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Type "Jin yong" you will see a thread on this topic.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:38 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i just finished ep 16 of the 2019 version !!

Edited by Ysc3, 07 March 2019 - 11:39 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:49 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2019 is the ah tiong version i guess.

This novel is my favorite among all Jin Yong's collection.

Atrecord praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

tiong version but I believe the only actress you can recognize is 周海媚 [laugh]
Atrecord praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Best fight scene? W/o a doubt the movie version with Jet Li in it. When it comes to fight scenes nobody can do better dan he does. Now want to find one like him also cant find. TV series I find it too slow moving.

Edited by Watwheels, 08 March 2019 - 08:24 AM.

Lala81 and Beregond praised this
Too much to think about...

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

tiong version but I believe the only actress you can recognize is 周海媚 [laugh]

used to be zhou zhi rou. Now is mie jue shi tai haha

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Gilf [crazy] :grin:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:24 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't really like violent scene. :slow:

Female Artist can .... [sly]

Zhang Xin Yu as Li Mo Chou of Condor Heroes ... :wub:

Attached Thumbnails

• Li Mo Chou 01.jpg
  • Li Mo Chou 02.jpg

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15, 08 March 2019 - 09:28 AM.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't really like violent scene. :slow:

Female Artist can .... [sly]

Zhang Xin Yu as Li Mo Chou of Condor Heroes ... :wub:

Plastic body kit but headlights look stock. [thumbsup]

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 08 March 2019 - 09:45 AM.

Picnic06-Biante15 praised this

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

think no more.

1 and only best ,

no lousy CGI

Freeder, Tianmo and Atrecord praised this

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recently, TVB did a re-run of 盖世豪侠, a popular and funny TV drama from the late 80's starring Stephen Chow. I noticed even in this comedy, they were all fighting for real, Stephen Chow, Ng Man Tat, Yammie Lam (蓝洁瑛) were doing real kung fu moves (with some wire work and flips by stunt doubles) unlike today's fake CG.

It makes me think how hard the actors and actresses in the past must have trained to get these roles, and today they just need a good clinic and a good animator.

I recall watching TVB anniversary specials in the 80's on video tape, and the five tigers frequently had to do kung fu and gymnastic performance.

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 08 March 2019 - 10:10 AM.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:16 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recently, TVB did a re-run of 盖世豪侠, a popular and funny TV drama from the late 80's starring Stephen Chow. I noticed even in this comedy, they were all fighting for real, Stephen Chow, Ng Man Tat, Yammie Lam (蓝洁瑛) were doing real kung fu moves (with some wire work and flips by stunt doubles) unlike today's fake CG.

It makes me think how hard the actors and actresses in the past must have trained to get these roles, and today they just need a good clinic and a good animator.

I recall watching TVB anniversary specials in the 80's on video tape, and the five tigers frequently had to do kung fu and gymnastic performance.

ya last time no cgi. even have is very very minor explosion all that only.

actors need to do their own moves most of the time.

i remember i saw an interview from a director.

he mention adam cheng is the best with the paper fan. [sly]

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:16 AM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

used to be zhou zhi rou. Now is mie jue shi tai haha

Promoted from 周芷若 to 滅絕師太。

Finally, in Chinese, we call this 媳婦熬成婆。
Lala81 and Beregond praised this

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

After 16 episodes, the rating on China movie website is only 5.0/10.0 (rated by 15K people) ? The recent 射雕 was 7.0+. For TS and those who have watched it, what's wrong with this series ?

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Promoted from 周芷若 to 滅絕師太。

Finally, in Chinese, we call this 媳婦熬成婆。

i only know zhuo hai mei super chio last time.

i use to................. [lipsrsealed]

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

After 16 episodes, the rating on China movie website is only 5.0/10.0 (rated by 15K people) ? The recent å°é was 7.0+. For TS and those who have watched it, what's wrong with this series ?

I think most viewers are expecting to find something different... But the story is the way it is as written by the author.

And since this is serial, they will follow the story as much as possible... So most probably, there won't be much differences.

Unlike the movie version where got quite alot of differences.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually most TV series were not true to the novel. The bearded director's version (2009) was the closest to the novel. For readers, I think sticking to novel is preferred but with "upgrade" on the fighting and cinematography (with better tech and budget).

According to PRC viewers, seems they use too much slow motion and plastic dolls [laugh] [laugh], which is common these days. One of these days got time maybe go look-see look-see online. Copied some reviews by Chinese viewers below. 

完全不行,没一个人符合形象,女的清一色网红脸张无忌一脸娘炮花花公子的样子,奶里奶气,灭绝太年轻,完全没苏有朋版的那股“妖尼姑”的气质

受不了全都是慢镜头

这拍的是什么鬼玩意?剧情乱七八糟,台词尴尬生硬!第一集,放了半小时还不知道谁和谁打是什么原因打;而且全是他妈的慢动作!金庸老先生如果看到你们这么糟蹋他的作品,估计从棺材板里跳出来。  

这一个又一个慢镜头看的我好难受,能不能快点!

拍成这样有什么资格用《刀剑如梦》当主题曲

跟着我左手右手一个慢动作! 右手左手慢动作重播!

开头十分钟,我一直以为我调了0.5倍速看电视

求求慢镜头滚出武侠片!打斗看的就是一个行云流水,你磨磨唧唧慢放那么久是给谁看

这导演怕不是个傻逼,慢动作上瘾吗

找几个漂亮妞就糊弄过去,我还看见一个女的口型说12345的。什么玩意,你妈的,适合小孩看,越看越尬,演的啥玩意。

I think most viewers are expecting to find something different... But the story is the way it is as written by the author.
And since this is serial, they will follow the story as much as possible... So most probably, there won't be much differences.
Unlike the movie version where got quite alot of differences.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

After 16 episodes, the rating on China movie website is only 5.0/10.0 (rated by 15K people) ? The recent 射雕 was 7.0+. For TS and those who have watched it, what's wrong with this series ?

Could it be , like enough is enough. So many TV series of Jin Yong's trilogy in a short span. Machiam like samsung firnware update.

After saying this, maybe I will start this 2019 version.. [laugh]

Atrecord praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

武侠剧最重要的就是武打了,但现在的武侠剧还有武打吗?都是摆个造型就开始各种慢动作切换来凑,像笑话一样,到底谁带起来的风气啊,可怕

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: 倚天屠龙记, fight choreography and 4 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users