Which version of 倚天

Teckmeister

Well, those of you who can recognize the title of the show will know that 倚天屠龙记 has been re-produced by multiple TV stations over many years. The earliest versions were made during the 70s in Hong Kong and the latest one was produced by a TV station in China this year.

Because the art of fight choreography and the science of TV special effects have been getting better and better since the 70s, it should mean that the more recent productions of 
倚天屠龙记 will always have better fight scenes that the earlier versions.

But that's not always the case. For example, in 1993, a Hong Kong director(王晶) made a movie version of 倚天屠龙记 which had vastly superior fighting scenes compared to a couple of TV productions made after 2000. Those post-2000 versions were so badly made that the fight scenes consisted mainly of just the characters striking poses with cheap special effects taking place in the back ground.

So anyway, back to the title of this discussion thread. Which version of 倚天屠龙记 has the best fighting scenes? Share your choices here and feel free to explain why one is better than the other.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

i just finished ep 16 of the 2019 version !!

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

2019 is the ah tiong version i guess.

This novel is my favorite among all Jin Yong's collection.

• Praise 1

tiong version but I believe the only actress you can recognize is 周海媚 [laugh]
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Best fight scene? W/o a doubt the movie version with Jet Li in it. When it comes to fight scenes nobody can do better dan he does. Now want to find one like him also cant find. TV series I find it too slow moving.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

tiong version but I believe the only actress you can recognize is 周海媚 [laugh]

used to be zhou zhi rou. Now is mie jue shi tai haha

Recently, TVB did a re-run of 盖世豪侠, a popular and funny TV drama from the late 80's starring Stephen Chow. I noticed even in this comedy, they were all fighting for real, Stephen Chow, Ng Man Tat, Yammie Lam (蓝洁瑛) were doing real kung fu moves (with some wire work and flips by stunt doubles) unlike today's fake CG.

It makes me think how hard the actors and actresses in the past must have trained to get these roles, and today they just need a good clinic and a good animator.

I recall watching TVB anniversary specials in the 80's on video tape, and the five tigers frequently had to do kung fu and gymnastic performance.

ya last time no cgi. even have is very very minor explosion all that only.

actors need to do their own moves most of the time.

i remember i saw an interview from a director.

he mention adam cheng is the best with the paper fan. [sly]

Turbocharged

used to be zhou zhi rou. Now is mie jue shi tai haha

Promoted from 周芷若 to 滅絕師太。

Finally, in Chinese, we call this 媳婦熬成婆。

• Praise 2

Promoted from 周芷若 to 滅絕師太。

Finally, in Chinese, we call this 媳婦熬成婆。

i only know zhuo hai mei super chio last time.

i use to................. [lipsrsealed]

Twincharged

After 16 episodes, the rating on China movie website is only 5.0/10.0 (rated by 15K people) ? The recent å°é was 7.0+. For TS and those who have watched it, what's wrong with this series ?

I think most viewers are expecting to find something different... But the story is the way it is as written by the author.

And since this is serial, they will follow the story as much as possible... So most probably, there won't be much differences.

Unlike the movie version where got quite alot of differences.

Hypersonic

After 16 episodes, the rating on China movie website is only 5.0/10.0 (rated by 15K people) ? The recent 射雕 was 7.0+. For TS and those who have watched it, what's wrong with this series ?

Could it be , like enough is enough. So many TV series of Jin Yong's trilogy in a short span. Machiam like samsung firnware update.

After saying this, maybe I will start this 2019 version.. [laugh]

• Praise 1

So if people are sick of Jin Yong, but then the recent 射雕 (1-2 years ago) was highly rated leh (same director) ... I think a lot of bros here watched it. The young and little known lead actor became instant big star and got all the chicks.

女星全裸坠楼身亡 新版“郭靖”杨旭文卷入命案

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/celebs/story20171020-804368

wah so drama...

Actually most TV series were not true to the novel. The bearded director's version (2009) was the closest to the novel. For readers, I think sticking to novel is preferred but with "upgrade" on the fighting and cinematography (with better tech and budget).

According to PRC viewers, seems they use too much slow motion and plastic dolls [laugh] [laugh], which is common these days. One of these days got time maybe go look-see look-see online. Copied some reviews by Chinese viewers below. 

nowadays too many such 网红 series and many produced by 富二代 trying to put their face on screen to get into the industry, but duno why mostly are 武侠 series.

Hypersonic

So if people are sick of Jin Yong, but then the recent å°é (1-2 years ago) was highly rated leh (same director) ... I think a lot of bros here watched it. The young and little known lead actor became instant big star and got all the chicks.

女æå¨è£¸å æ¥¼èº«äº¡ æ°çâé­éâæ¨æ­æå·å¥å½æ¡

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/celebs/story20171020-804368

Wtf, this guo jin not so innocent as the show?

The getting sick is probably just me, when every year I read got new jin yong trilogy from china, I was like this is which version liao?

Anyway tonite, I go and hunt for the 2019 version.

↡ Advertisement