• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Marbella seems to be a up and coming dashcam brand in Singapore.

Was looking for reviews on brand but found them in different threads on model specifics.

So thought I start a brand thread so all can share their thoughts in one thread for easy ref.

My ITB100SPW which have served me 5years (with battery changed in between) seems to be dying.

I'm looking at Marbella KR8S / 6S but realised there are very limited reviews on Marbella dashcams. 

Read in forum they used to have video downloading issues but seems to have been resolved with new app in 2018.

Read another user had recording time gap between video files. Wonder if other users experience this as well.

Would love to hear your reviews for Marbella.

Thanks for your contribution.

Attached Thumbnails

• marbella-1.jpg

Edited by Lightsabre, 10 March 2019 - 12:32 AM.

Lightsabre and James996 praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:00 AM

Rav4x4
  • Rav4x4
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have used their car camera for a long while and it's really good so far. No major bugs at all. They update their apps very frequently based on users feedback and now we can even deactivate and turn off the parking mode through the apps itself.

I saw some new functions such as ex. batt but i am not sure what's the function and last time it was not optimised fully for iPhoneX but now it's all very up-to-date.

We need to support the local brand and they are the only local brand left in the auto market. I used their GPS very long while ago but it's all taken by Google.

I remember there was a thread on their camera before.

ianest praised this

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have used their car camera for a long while and it's really good so far. No major bugs at all. They update their apps very frequently based on users feedback and now we can even deactivate and turn off the parking mode through the apps itself.

I saw some new functions such as ex. batt but i am not sure what's the function and last time it was not optimised fully for iPhoneX but now it's all very up-to-date.

We need to support the local brand and they are the only local brand left in the auto market. I used their GPS very long while ago but it's all taken by Google.

I remember there was a thread on their camera before.

The parking mode activation only applies to iPhone app, Android app does not support the function.

Assessing the heat resistant capability as compared to other dashcam brands, hopefully 70 deg C resistance is good for a full day parking in the open.

What does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Rav4x4
  • Rav4x4
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The parking mode activation only applies to iPhone app, Android app does not support the function.

Assessing the heat resistant capability as compared to other dashcam brands, hopefully 70 deg C resistance is good for a full day parking in the open.

Hmmm, I’m using Android. Are you referring to Parking mode deactivation?

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hmmm, I’m using Android. Are you referring to Parking mode deactivation?

Oh yes, am referring to parking mode deactivation.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:36 AM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any1 encounter the Android app will hang when you log in with the wifi mode?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Power Is Nothing Without Control, Its The Driver Not The Car
why list all mods?

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi looking at the KR6S and KR8S currently. Seems like both specs are the same other than the black box for KR6S and price wise KR6S will be more exp. umm.. any advise on which to get? I am not going 24hrs recording most likely.

Edited by JX83, 01 June 2019 - 02:17 PM.

JX

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:56 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi looking at the KR6S and KR8S currently. Seems like both specs are the same other than the black box for KR6S and price wise KR6S will be more exp. umm.. any advise on which to get? I am not going 24hrs recording most likely.

I just install mine. Bought from qoo with the pc show promo + $20 qoo coupon. Total price is $297 for kr8s

With free gifts and installation too. $297 all in.

Not bad leh. Got parking mode. Set to 12.3v cur off with the wifi connection app. Can turn off too. Just installed today. A fking steal for 2ch dash cam 😬

Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:59 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I just install mine. Bought from qoo with the pc show promo + $20 qoo coupon. Total price is $297 for kr8s

With free gifts and installation too. $297 all in.

Not bad leh. Got parking mode. Set to 12.3v cur off with the wifi connection app. Can turn off too. Just installed today. A fking steal for 2ch dash cam 😬

Umm so fast u buy got slot to install? Did u select self collection or they send to ur house? I also want to buy from there but considering the 2 models since I can use $20 voucher if I order KR8S and $50 voucher if I get the KR6S.

Edited by JX83, 01 June 2019 - 11:13 PM.

JX

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:13 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Umm so fast u buy got slot to install? I also want to buy from there but considering the 2 models since I can use $20 voucher if I order KR8S and $50 voucher if I get the KR6S.

yea they asked if monday i said after working hours. then theey asked if afternoon 1pm? i said yes of cos so that's about it. i take the kr8s since it's newer model.

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:14 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

yea they asked if monday i said after working hours. then theey asked if afternoon 1pm? i said yes of cos so that's about it. i take the kr8s since it's newer model.

I see.. so u did self collection is faster.. I think I will do self collection like u too. Umm but the KR6S specs is better right due to the rear camera has higher mega pixel.
JX

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:15 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I see.. so u did self collection is faster.. I think I will do self collection like u too. Umm but the KR6S specs is better right due to the rear camera has higher mega pixel.

nono.

Wed order from q100

Fri delivered to my house

Sat morning 1030am called them. 1pm went down and do.

super quick i must say lol

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:27 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

nono.

Wed order from q100
Fri delivered to my house
Sat morning 1030am called them. 1pm went down and do.

super quick i must say lol

Ohhh.. haha btw just to check the installation is it at where? Is it at their office delta house too?
JX

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:32 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Ohhh.. haha btw just to check the installation is it at where? Is it at their office delta house too?

125 bt merah lane 1 there. some car audio shop at blk 125 

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Oh.. not so bad still near their office haha.. thanks for reviews will order later.. 👍
JX

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Bought KR6S at recent PC show.

Does anybody have existing set with the black box?

Where did u guys put the black box?

The sales person suggested below the steering rack but i thought it looks like those sets in a typical taxi...  [laugh]

Marbella-KR6Swb01.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Marbella-KR6Swb01.jpg

Edited by ianest, 03 June 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:35 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The sales person suggested below the steering rack but i thought it looks like those sets in a typical taxi... [laugh]

Marbella-KR6Swb01.jpg

The black box do what one uh? My kr8s dont hv it. Only 6 has..

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:00 AM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Umm I thought I could go down and collect today but end up called them and they said no stock for my KR8S :(
Hopefully they come ASAP..
JX

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:18 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

this one? 

https://www.sgcarmar...t.php?MID=11132

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

correct sir

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The sales person suggested below the steering rack but i thought it looks like those sets in a typical taxi...  [laugh]

Marbella-KR6Swb01.jpg

I placed it under the glove compartment. I wouldn't recommend to put it under the steering rack. 

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:12 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The black box do what one uh? My kr8s dont hv it. Only 6 has..

The box is where the DVR is.

In KR8S, the dvr is in same box as the front camera.

I placed it under the glove compartment. I wouldn't recommend to put it under the steering rack. 

Possible to put it in the glove compartment, just so it is hidden from view?

Edited by ianest, 04 June 2019 - 09:11 PM.

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The box is where the DVR is.

In KR8S, the dvr is in same box as the front camera.

Possible to put it in the glove compartment, just so it is hidden from view?

• I believe it is possible, just need to highlight to the installer. However, you will need some space to access the memory card in case of retrieval or replacement. 
  • By putting it in the glove compartment will also take up some of the storage space.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

Andrew-Chai
  • Andrew-Chai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Bro, may i know others brand rear cam image will be same marbella dash cam when view video  show the carplate number are display opposite?

I am using KR8S which direct connect to Fuse box, did anyone try for wire connect to FUSE holder then plug to fuse box , it looks tidy. TIA 

Hi Bro, may i know others brand rear cam image will be same marbella dash cam when view video  show the carplate number are display opposite?

I am using KR8S which direct connect to Fuse box, did anyone try for wire connect to FUSE holder then plug to fuse box , it looks tidy. TIA 

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

Wlbwlb
  • Premium member
    Wlbwlb
    Clutched
    Author Image

The rear cam when wifi to mobile has a option for mirror image to change so it will not show opposite.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

Andrew-Chai
  • Andrew-Chai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Is natural for marbella only? 

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The rear cam when wifi to mobile has a option for mirror image to change so it will not show opposite.

Tried wifi to mobile to watch rear cam video. didn't see and buttons to switch when video is playing eh.

May I ask where to find button to switch opposite image for rear cam?

i'm using ios (if it matters).

Edited by ianest, 29 June 2019 - 10:41 PM.

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Maybe I suaku, but i just noticed a feature that was different from my previous cam.

When link to cam on WIFI, still can access internet via 4G.

Interestingly, the wifi to cam wasn't taken by ios as internet access wifi, which is a good thing.  [laugh]

Couple of things i found awkward is the UI for viewing video.

1) When login, the default page is downloaded file page and not dvr. So when view, must always have an extra step to click on dvr.

2) the recordings are broken up into 3 different taps of drive, park, events. i was expecting all to be be listed according to time in 1 list and a filter option on the side. Had to switch between tabs to look for particular video image.

But above are small issues lah. can record when u want it to record, i happy liao. :)

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:49 PM

JX83
  • Premium member
    JX83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe I suaku, but i just noticed a feature that was different from my previous cam.
When link to cam on WIFI, still can access internet via 4G.
Interestingly, the wifi to cam wasn't taken by ios as internet access wifi, which is a good thing. [laugh]

Couple of things i found awkward is the UI for viewing video.
1) When login, the default page is downloaded file page and not dvr. So when view, must always have an extra step to click on dvr.
2) the recordings are broken up into 3 different taps of drive, park, events. i was expecting all to be be listed according to time in 1 list and a filter option on the side. Had to switch between tabs to look for particular video image.
But above are small issues lah. can record when u want it to record, i happy liao. :)

Ya the good thing is it won’t have interference with the 4G. Another good thing is u can toggle the recording time. Now I only set auto recording when I am parking outside. Btw do u know how to save the files directly to your iPhone from the memory card?

Edited by JX83, 29 June 2019 - 11:51 PM.

JX

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

Wlbwlb
  • Premium member
    Wlbwlb
    Clutched
    Author Image

Tried wifi to mobile to watch rear cam video. didn't see and buttons to switch when video is playing eh.
May I ask where to find button to switch opposite image for rear cam?
i'm using ios (if it matters).

Should be this one.
I not sure ios if different as I using android.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20190630_074238.jpg

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

jayz89
  • Premium member
    jayz89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

no on the rear camera device itself there is a switch on it. just switch it for the non mirror image.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Marbella-KR6Swb01.jpg

I installed mine at the driver's right footwell, near the door hinge. Easy to retrieve SD card. 

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys,

Marbella seems to be a up and coming dashcam brand in Singapore.

Was looking for reviews on brand but found them in different threads on model specifics.

So thought I start a brand thread so all can share their thoughts in one thread for easy ref.

My ITB100SPW which have served me 5years (with battery changed in between) seems to be dying.

I'm looking at Marbella KR8S / 6S but realised there are very limited reviews on Marbella dashcams. 

Read in forum they used to have video downloading issues but seems to have been resolved with new app in 2018.

Read another user had recording time gap between video files. Wonder if other users experience this as well.

Would love to hear your reviews for Marbella.

Thanks for your contribution.

Had the KR6S for a year plus - chose it due to the smaller size of the front and back cameras and also the recording file format. The KR6S never shut down on me even in hot weather because the control box is installed in a cool place. However, if given a choice again, I will lean towards a Blackvue or iroad, which I had previously and they had better video quality. Price wise, the KR6S is a lot cheaper than the Blackvue (DR750). iroad (V9S2) is in between. 

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

bwauto
  • bwauto
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I used this cam in my car. The recording quality was very clear. I also suggest my friend to use this dashcam.

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Ya the good thing is it won’t have interference with the 4G. Another good thing is u can toggle the recording time. Now I only set auto recording when I am parking outside. Btw do u know how to save the files directly to your iPhone from the memory card?

Toggle recording time? Care to elaborate how to toggle?

I leave mine on throughout parking with recording when sense movement mode.

Edited by ianest, 17 July 2019 - 11:50 PM.

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Should be this one.
I not sure ios if different as I using android.

OIC. Was wondering why the image shift left and right when i click the button, didn't even realise the image was inverted horizontally.  [laugh]

"no on the rear camera device itself there is a switch on it. just switch it for the non mirror image."

Didn't realise there is a button on the rear cam as well. thanks for the note!

Edited by ianest, 17 July 2019 - 11:58 PM.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:04 AM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Questions

1) Tried to change my cam wifi SID from mobile app but got an error saying i am not connected by wifi...?

Obviously I'm connect or i would not be able to access the app at all.

Anybody know how to resolve the "not connect via wifi" error?

2) For those who connect cam direct to car batt, how long did cam last before shutdown and what voltage cutoff did u set?

Edited by ianest, 18 July 2019 - 12:06 AM.

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:25 AM

michellepena
  • michellepena
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Questions

1) Tried to change my cam wifi SID from mobile app but got an error saying i am not connected by wifi...?

Obviously I'm connect or i would not be able to access the app at all.

Anybody know how to resolve the "not connect via wifi" error?

2) For those who connect cam direct to car batt, how long did cam last before shutdown and what voltage cutoff did u set?

1. Have you tried to turn off "wifi assist" (iphone)?

If not, try to turn off this mode and  turn off "Wifi Assist". Erase the stored information of the dashcam's Wi-Fi in your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings. After that try to turn OFF the dashcam's Wi-Fi. Wait for 10~15 seconds and press the button once again to turn it back on. Now turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi and try to connect to the dashcam.

If above doesn't solve the issue, Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi password  or upgrade the dashcam's firmware and try again.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:15 AM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

OIC. Was wondering why the image shift left and right when i click the button, didn't even realise the image was inverted horizontally.  [laugh]

"no on the rear camera device itself there is a switch on it. just switch it for the non mirror image."

Didn't realise there is a button on the rear cam as well. thanks for the note!

Switch on rear cam to do horizontal invert of image.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0366.JPG

Edited by ianest, 20 July 2019 - 11:25 AM.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

ianest
  • ianest
    1st Gear
    Author Image

1. Have you tried to turn off "wifi assist" (iphone)?

If not, try to turn off this mode and  turn off "Wifi Assist". Erase the stored information of the dashcam's Wi-Fi in your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings. After that try to turn OFF the dashcam's Wi-Fi. Wait for 10~15 seconds and press the button once again to turn it back on. Now turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi and try to connect to the dashcam.

If above doesn't solve the issue, Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi password  or upgrade the dashcam's firmware and try again.

Thanks. will try.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Marbella KR6S

Marbella KR6S  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MONDalmond69  |  Neutral Newbie

KR6S support 24/7 Recording!

Recently purchased this car camera for my parents who is driving a i45. I was happy with my purchase! One of the reason is because the Marbella KR6S supports 24 hours recording! And also, park monitoring sensor has been embedded in the BOTH f... » Read More

Marbella KR6S

Marbella KR6S  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Biggie85  |  Neutral Newbie

Wide Coverage Car Camera, both front & back!

What i love the most about this product is that it has wide coverage at the front and the back camera. I can also transfer videos via the Camera Connect app on my smart phone. Marbella KR6S is able to withstand the harsh automotive environmen... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Marbella KR8S, Marbella KR6S, Marbella KR6

Quick Reply

Tags: marbella, dashcam, car cam, users and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users