• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
219 replies to this topic | 1,035 praises

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

Yamapi
  • Yamapi
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

A brand new Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 passenger jet has crashed on a flight from Addis Ababa to Nairobi.

The flight is believed to have had 149 passengers and eight crew members on board, the airline says.

A spokesman said the crash happened at 08.44 local time on Sunday, shortly after take-off from the Ethiopian capital.

In a statement, the airline said that search and rescue operations were under way.

It did not provide details on the number of casualties.

"Ethiopian Airlines staff will be sent to the accident scene and will do everything possible to assist the emergency services," the airline added.

First word of the crash came on Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's Twitter account.

He tweeted his "deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones".

The plane was delivered to the airline just four months ago.

5cVLQJy.jpg

Edited by Yamapi, 10 March 2019 - 05:36 PM.

Ash2017, Dleodleo, Vratenza and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Similar to lion air plane that crashed recently
Volvobrick and Jamesc praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

These countries, got possibility of terrorism.

Poor folks on board.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:02 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

These countries, got possibility of terrorism.

Poor folks on board.

Boeing 737 MAX 8 know to have a software defect that will cause the aeroplane to nose dive. Hope this is not the case , otherwise all 737 max 8 have to be grounded until Boeing provide some level of assurance. 

Thaiyotakamli, therock and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just had an idea. Maybe my MIL would like to see an African safari.

:D

If she get there in one piece maybe she can feed the lions herself?

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just had an idea. Maybe my MIL would like to see an African safari.

If she get there in one piece maybe she can feed the lions herself?

Be careful u keep on writing these what if ur MIL saw this post and decided to poison ur meal tonight? :D
Jamesc and Ct3833 praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

f**ked up plane
Garage36.com

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

f**ked up plane

If u fly around this region, u can't avoid the 737 max 8. Almost all our neighbours carriers bought it. Even silkair. Really hope they figure out the prelim cause and ground them if necessary.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If u fly around this region, u can't avoid the 737 max 8. Almost all our neighbours carriers bought it. Even silkair. Really hope they figure out the prelim cause and ground them if necessary.

Its the latest 737 jet from boeing. Do avoid better take a320

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Its the latest 737 jet from boeing. Do avoid better take a320

yah but book ticket that time cannot choose airplane model mah

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Be careful u keep on writing these what if ur MIL saw this post and decided to poison ur meal tonight? :D

If you suddenly don't see me posting for some time

faster call police.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The Max is used for certain longer range routes, e.g. silkair deploys the Max for flights to Hiroshima, for example. Took a flight to a regional destination recently and they used the plain old 737-800.

Of course never know last minute got change aircraft or not [laugh]
Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can see the plane model. I always do that. Like sq one day three flights three diff aircraft models

Can avoid. If want take choose the 737-900 better

If you suddenly don't see me posting for some time

faster call police.

Or u in changi chalet :D
Datsun366 and Premacist praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ethiopian Airlines: 'No survivors' on crashed Boeing 737

https://www.bbc.com/...africa-47513508

focus

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

from bbc

"'Captain wanted to return' The CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Tewolde Gebremariam is speaking at a press conference. He said the captain of the crashed plane had told controllers at Bole airport that he was having difficulty and wanted to return, and that he had been given clearance."

same as that poor lionair 

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

Raubern
  • Raubern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Two 737 max 8 down within a year? GG to Boeing

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

BabyBlade
Is the Boeing 737-800 same as the 737 Max 8?
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Raubern
  • Raubern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Different. Boeing 737-800 is the 3rd gen 737 introduced in the late 90s. Max 8 is the 4th gen 

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

BabyBlade

Different. Boeing 737-800 is the 3rd gen 737 introduced in the late 90s. Max 8 is the 4th gen

And that's great news because I am taking SilkAir's 737-800 next month. 😂
Jamesc praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:09 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think diff

Max newer model

800 more than 10 yrs ago i think
Before max is 737-900ER

And that's great news because I am taking SilkAir's 737-800 next month. ð

Alot garuda using that 737.800 as well

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: ethiopian, airlines, boeing and 1 more...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users