Ethiopian Airlines Crashed - Boeing 737 Max 8 Banned

Yamapi

Internal Moderator

Different. Boeing 737-800 is the 3rd gen 737 introduced in the late 90s. Max 8 is the 4th gen

And that's great news because I am taking SilkAir's 737-800 next month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is the Boeing 737-800 same as the 737 Max 8?

I think diff

Max newer model

800 more than 10 yrs ago i think

Before max is 737-900ER

And that's great news because I am taking SilkAir's 737-800 next month. ð

Alot garuda using that 737.800 as well

These countries, got possibility of terrorism.

Poor folks on board.

Doubt so if terrorism .... both of them after take off pilot contacted control tower to request return and after that kaput
  • Praise 2

Scary.

New aeroplanes got problem. Old ones also problem.

Luckily I seldom fly and when I fly, most of the time whole family is with me. Wanna die all die together  [laugh]

• Praise 4

Ethiopian Airlines crash is second disaster involving Boeing 737 MAX 8 in months

There is no suggestion yet as to what caused the latest disaster, and no evidence that the two incidents are linked in causality.

What is known, however, is that both flights took place on the Boeing 737 MAX 8 -- a new model recently unveiled to great fanfare by the US aviation giant, that saw its first flight less than two years ago.
"It's highly suspicious," said Mary Schiavo, a CNN aviation analyst and the former Inspector General of the U.S. Transportation Department. "Here we have a brand-new aircraft that's gone down twice in a year. That rings alarm bells in the aviation industry, because that just doesn't happen."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/10/africa/ethiopian-airlines-crash-boeing-max-8-intl/index.html

• Praise 3

I just had an idea. Maybe my MIL would like to see an African safari.

:D

If she get there in one piece maybe she can feed the lions herself?

please don't torture the lions.. they are innocent...

• Praise 2

Sincere condolences to the bereaved families.

Scary way to go, hope all unconscious by the time the plane crashed. No pain.

Please let the black boxes be found so that loved ones can have a closure knowing how it happened and why. And the parties responsible for any maintenance or parts or whatever that caused so many deaths be brought to justice. Scant comfort but appropriate payments be made to families of all deceased.

Haiz. On roads got accidents, in air got accidents, at sea got accidents. That's why life is so precious, because its so short. Cherish loved ones, dun bear grudges instead give more bear hugs to them.

Safe ride. Walk thru every door safely too.

• Praise 3

The problem with crashing in a plane for peepur with some knowledge of aeronautics is that you know a situation is SoL and you are helpless to do anything about it.

Seems like sexperts are expounding refusal to fly the Max.

Good to know.

• Praise 1

The Max is used for certain longer range routes, e.g. silkair deploys the Max for flights to Hiroshima, for example. Took a flight to a regional destination recently and they used the plain old 737-800.

Of course never know last minute got change aircraft or not [laugh]

I wonder if my MIL would like to see the peace museum in Hiroshima.

:D

Must take it to the max.

Edited by Jamesc

For now it seems the plane's stall prevention system seems to be the culprit. Since the pilots of the two planes were struggling to climb altitude after the planes took off.

• Praise 1

SilkAir to operate Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft as scheduled; closely monitoring situation, says airline. SilkAir currently counts six Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes in its fleet with another 31 on firm order.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/silkair-sia-boeing-737-max-aircraft-operation-ethiopia-airlines-11330734

Aiyo! Why don't they ground the fleet like China and since they have only 6.

How to monitor closely when Boeing is still trying to resolve this technical issue? What can the pilot do if it happens again?

We better check the aircraft type b4 buying any airtixs in future.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2