Ethiopian Airlines Crashed - Boeing 737 Max 8 Banned

Yamapi

Supersonic

MCF members asked for the ban here first and all the aviation authorities followed us.

MCF best brains in the world.

:D

Next golden question in MCF......COE will drop or not?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

A pilot mentioned on tv that his and at least another airline didn’t get the new system info in the manual. They eventually only trained on the added feature using iPad because no simulator available...albeit it’s inbound now.

Saw a demo on how to cancel the autopilot feature... not difficult but have to react fast with practice...yet some pilots if not most didn’t know about that. I suspect a lapse in updating all operators on the vital knowledge in controlling the plane type when face with that scenario...

Auto drive, auto fly and auto destroy. AI still need human lah. please let me age peacefully and do these after i am gone. 

• Praise 1

Auto drive, auto fly and auto destroy. AI still need human lah. please let me age peacefully and do these after i am gone.

auto pilot has been running for donkey years liao

there must be a software bugs / glitch in the new Max 8

More and more countries have grounded or barred the Boeing 737 Max 8
- China
- Ethiopia
- Singapore
- Indonesia
- Morocco
- Mongolia
- Malaysia
- Australia
- Oman
- Britain
- Ireland
- France
- Germany
- Korea

you can bet USA will not ground 737

if they do Boeing stock would drop like a lead ball

Boeing will release software updates for 737 Max jets by April

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/12/boeing-software-update-737-max/

in the mean time until April pray those without software updates dont fall off the sky

it is a PR stunt

I am NOT sure how truthful Boeing or USA would be with the information on the black box

• Praise 2

in the mean time until April pray those without software updates dont fall off the sky

it is a PR stunt

after software patch I also won't put myself on a 737 Max 8.  :a-no:

the 737 airframe is a very old design and is not comfortable to be in. the seats are typically 17" wide. the A320s (used by Jetstar and Scoot) come with 18" seats,

• Praise 1

you can bet USA will not ground 737

if they do Boeing stock would drop like a lead ball

it is a PR stunt

I am NOT sure how truthful Boeing or USA would be with the information on the black box

If another of their plane goes down and they have decided not to ground them, the lawsuit will be  [bigcry]

• Praise 1

So far Boeing have not admitted any wrongdoing or bugs in their software.

Probably want to avoid a class action lawsuit.

Damned AMDKs will never admit their wrong.

yup, they cannot admit liability otherwise the lawsuits and compensation numbers will be shocking.  [dizzy] really sue till pants drop.

when Lion Air crashed media somehow alluded that fault was with Lion Air's pilot training.

with this case, and very similar circumstances, media cannot blame pilot error anymore.

guess that's why Lion Air tu lan and want to cancel order and buy A320 instead.

Edited by Blueray

US pilots complained at least 5 times about Boeing 737 Max problems

Pilots in the United States complained at least five times in recent months about problems controlling their Boeing 737 Max 8 jets during critical moments of flight, the Politico news website reported on Tuesday (March 12), citing federal records.

Some of the incidents appear to involve the same anti-stall system that has come up as a potential cause of a Lion Air crash in Indonesia last October, according to a review of a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) incident database that lets pilots self-report trouble, said Politico.

Investigators have not said whether the same technology had emerged as a possible cause of the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines flight in Ethiopia on Sunday, with the loss of 157 lives, although both involved airliners that mysteriously plunged to the ground minutes after takeoff.

For one US incident in November 2018, reported Politico, a commercial airline pilot reported that during takeoff, the autopilot was engaged and "within two to three seconds the aircraft pitched nose down," in a manner steep enough to trigger the plane's warning system, which sounded "Don't sink, don't sink!"

After the autopilot was disengaged, the plane climbed as normal, according to the report in the FAA database.

The reports are submitted anonymously to help improve reporting of safety problems and so do not include any information about which airline was involved, Politico said.

In addition, though the reports have a spot to note what airport was involved, often pilots do not fill out that field.

• Praise 2

now Lion Air can claim Boeing gao gao until song song ... [sly]

yup, they cannot admit liability otherwise the lawsuits and compensation numbers will be shocking.  [dizzy] really sue till pants drop.

when Lion Air crashed media somehow alluded that fault was with Lion Air's pilot training.

with this case, and very similar circumstances, media cannot blame pilot error anymore.

guess that's why Lion Air tu lan and want to cancel order and buy A320 instead.