Ethiopian Airlines Crashed - Boeing 737 Max 8 Banned

Yamapi

I think ppl are not stupid. Even if they do not ground their planes ppl will avoid taking them. I mean it's all over the news. How not to pay attention to what the world is doing? When there's no passengers in the plane it's as good as grounding it.

AMDK ass-pert say its due to lack of training of non-US pilots flying the 737 Max 8 ... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbOdm7u8mfU

Ah so he's saying that unless u American, you wont know really how to fly this plane? Made in USA for US pilots only?

Lack of training? Its not even in the manual. The anti-stall feature is not even in details if at all.

Haiz...jialat these ppl.

Safe ride

• Praise 1

Ah so he's saying that unless u American, you wont know really how to fly this plane? Made in USA for US pilots only?

Lack of training? Its not even in the manual. The anti-stall feature is not even in details if at all.

Haiz...jialat these ppl.

Safe ride

So all non American airline better go buy Airbus 320. Edited by Tohto

Haiz...jialat these ppl.

Safe ride

If it happened to airbus, I bet he will 180 degrees change and blame the aircraft. So much so for...

Supersonic

Seems it's not auto pilot. It sounds like some kind of automated regaining of speed when it detected a loss of speed.

For the layman, I guess you could compare this with ABS. You step on brake, but ABS will release the brake to prevent skidding. If you don't know how what is ABS, some people might panic and release / step harder.

Long time ago, I did a little bit of flying.

My knowledge is probably outdated, but from what i know:

The most dangerous part of a flight is the take off and landing. (That's why you need your seat belts on)

During take off, you have to push the throttle real hard, as a heavy plane is climbing at a certain angle to reach it's cruising altitude. It needs a lot of thrust or power.

If for any reason, it lose power and the engine looks like stalling, you would push it (nose down) down to regain speed and prevent the engine stalling.

It's like trying to drive uphill on a 5th gear, your car engine may stall, if you don't downshift.

Auto pilot is normally used during straight and level flying, where the computers adjust the direction, compensate for thrust, air speed, small things that you'd trust a computer to do.

Things have probably changed such that the computer is now TRUSTED to do everything, even the most dangerous part of the flight like taking off.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 4

Flight attendants urge carriers to ground Boeing 737 Max planes after crash

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/american-airlines-flight-attendants-seek-to-ground-boeing-737-max-planes-after-ethiopian-airlines-crash.html

It’s ‘absolutely absurd’ the FAA won’t ground the Boeing 737 Max: Transport Workers Union president

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/its-absurd-the-faa-wont-ground-the-boeing-737-max-union-president.html

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

It is the computer not let pilots take back control and keep overriding human input. Is different analogy from the above car abs scenario. There really isn't anything that can be compared to this.

AMDK ass-pert say its due to lack of training of non-US pilots flying the 737 Max 8 ... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbOdm7u8mfU

USA of cos correct la

Turbocharged

I was told that there's a switch on the console if such a situation happens, very accessible.

However even when that happens, there'll be 1001 possibilities of fault and it still need to rely on the pilot's knowledge and experience to be able to quickly identify the issue and take corrective action.

Just like our car.. Getting more complex nowadays vs the past. Recall recent months ago Tesla car had issues with their auto drive feature and got into serious accident

Can download from Internet, software patch :D

That one paid download, can go sim lim get pirated software :D

Long time ago, I did a little bit of flying.

My knowledge is probably outdated, but from what i know:

The most dangerous part of a flight is the take off and landing. (That's why you need your seat belts on)

During take off, you have to push the throttle real hard, as a heavy plane is climbing at a certain angle to reach it's cruising altitude. It needs a lot of thrust or power.

If for any reason, it lose power and the engine looks like stalling, you would push it (nose down) down to regain speed and prevent the engine stalling.

It's like trying to drive uphill on a 5th gear, your car engine may stall, if you don't downshift.

Auto pilot is normally used during straight and level flying, where the computers adjust the direction, compensate for thrust, air speed, small things that you'd trust a computer to do.

Things have probably changed such that the computer is now TRUSTED to do everything, even the most dangerous part of the flight like taking off.

Heard auto pilot got failure at altitude sensor hence plane dive and its not easy to override the system.

P.S i not pilot just read from articles

Finally US FAA grounds 737 Max planes.

:D

The problem with US FAA is they have 2 jobs

Promote safety to protect customers

and promote aviation to protect plane makers.

They cannot do both.

Safety first or profit and jobs for US companies?

FAA cannot have 2 jobs. Safety or profits. One or the other.

• Praise 1

Flight attendants urge carriers to ground Boeing 737 Max planes after crash

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/american-airlines-flight-attendants-seek-to-ground-boeing-737-max-planes-after-ethiopian-airlines-crash.html

It’s ‘absolutely absurd’ the FAA won’t ground the Boeing 737 Max: Transport Workers Union president

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/its-absurd-the-faa-wont-ground-the-boeing-737-max-union-president.html

The problem with US FAA is they have 2 jobs

Promote safety to protect customers

and promote aviation to protect plane makers.

They cannot do both.

• Praise 1

Trump administration grounds Boeing 737 Max planes

Washington (CNN)Facing mounting pressure, President Donald Trump said Wednesday his administration was ordering Boeing 737 Max jets grounded until more information is gathered about the crash of an Ethiopian aircraft.

It was a turnabout from the administration's earlier position, which deemed the planes safe to fly even as dozens of other nations banned them after they were involved in two fatal disasters.

Trump said the decision to ground the Max 8 and Max 9 was made in light of new information about last week's crash, which killed 157 people. The Federal Aviation Administration said new evidence had been collected at the sight of the crash on Wednesday, and that information -- along with new satellite data -- led to the grounding decision.

Until Wednesday afternoon, administration officials had insisted the planes were safe, bucking calls from lawmakers and airline labor unions to suspend flights until an investigation could be completed.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/13/politics/donald-trump-boeing-faa/index.html

Trump ...  :a-dothewave:

• Praise 3

Now sibeh sia suey, esp those FAA guys who come out and say China politicizing the issues. Really got to find a hole to crawl in now

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2