Air France A380 Engine Failure: whats ur worst experience?

VteckiCk

Engine failure forces Air France A380 back to Abidjan. So within 3 days 3 airplane incidents with 1 involving a major air crash. 

A mid-flight engine failure forced an Air France A380 jet with more than 500 passengers on board to turn back to the Ivory Coast capital Abidjan where it landed without further incident early Sunday (Mar 10).

"We were flying over Niger (to Paris)... I saw a ball of flame for a few seconds and then a large bang on the left side of the aircraft," Baudelaire Mieu, a journalist with Bloomberg News, told AFP. "The plane began to roll, everything was shaking and people started to panic. The pilot came on and said, 'We have just lost a left side engine. We are returning to Abidjan'," Mieu said. 

"Technically, it is what is called an engine blow-out. It is a well-known problem," Mevellec told AFP. "It happens from time to time. It is a well-known phenomenon, well-understood and crew are well-trained on simulators all year long to deal with this type of fault," he added.

Mieu said the giant four-engined aircraft, the world's biggest passenger jet, "continued to vibrate all the way back to Abidjan. People were praying". 

- Engine failure on Air France A380

- Turkish Airway flight to New York severe turbulence, dozens injured includin 1 air stewardess with broken leg

- Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 crashed

Personally i have phobia of taking airplanes but still take anyway but i am literally scared stiff whenever theres air turbulence, even the slightest vibration or shaky feeling can make me very uncomfortable. i am also unable to sleep through flights which can be a very bad experience esp long haul flights. any others here with same phobia of taking planes? or should i be same as dennis bergkamp the non flying dutchman just dont fly aha

though i believe strongly that if its time to go, its time to go. say a prayer, hold the hands of your loved ones if youre flying with them, if not, try to send a text message out to them / call if thats even possible. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/engine-failure-forces-air-france-a380-back-to-abidjan-11329626?cid=fbcna&fbclid=IwAR3gvtygu42aM1aJgR8Eg5oqXYwmcwH1fxqm7xtdqDRUXvjlXgBEgbenPdw

post-141091-0-05183300-1552272210.jpg

post-141091-0-21314900-1552272223_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

A group of us were flying from Bandar Abbas to Dubai after completing some work in Chahbahar.

Taking off from Bandar Abbas the pilot got half way down the runway when all the Iranians on the flight shouted out Allahu akbar and the pilot immediately shut down the engines and returned to the bay.

Half an hour later the pilot tried to take off again with the same result of half way down runway the Iranians shouted Allahu akbar and just about immediately the pilot aborted the flight.

Returned to bay and checking of plane again.

Next attempt exactly the same thing Allahu akbar but less people shouting and then not too loudly and pilot shut down.

An hour at the bay this time for repairs.

Fourth attempt halfway down runway no sound from the Iranians and as we then took off just about all the Singaporeans shouted out 'Pilot Bahru".

It did make me smile.

The report's a bit messed up - the bang happened on the left side of the plane, but the photographs clearly show that it is #4 engine on the right side of the wing that is missing?

A380 got 4 engine hence one blow up still got another three

Even both side got one blow up still can fly with remaining 2 engine

But if twin jet engine, one blow up ald cui

So moral of story fly with A380

i read before that for twin engine

the plane still can fly and land with 1 engine (if 1 engine failed)

But if twin jet engine, one blow up ald cui

So moral of story fly with A380

post-7984-0-45085900-1552312314_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

i read before that for twin engine

the plane still can fly and land with 1 engine (if 1 engine failed)

I heard about that too but rely on remaining one engine is very scary

Turbocharged

Engine failure forces Air France A380 back to Abidjan. So within 3 days 3 airplane incidents with 1 involving a major air crash. 

- Engine failure on Air France A380

- Turkish Airway flight to New York severe turbulence, dozens injured includin 1 air stewardess with broken leg

- Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 crashed

I believe certain years are not too good for travel.  Below is an paragraph from Raymond Lo, a feng shui Grandmaster,  Believe it or not, up to individuals

"Earth also means the road which will trigger Traffic accidents. The Pig is travelling horse and will stimulate plenty of movement of people. As the Pig is water element which clashes against Snake, there will be accidents at sea. The year of earth pig does not have fire element. As fire is air traffic, the total absence of fire will also bring down airplanes.  Hence more air sea traffic accidents may happen. Looking back in history, there are quite serious earth disasters related to Earth Pig years. Just pick some significant examples from the previous Earth Pig year 60 years ago in 1959 –There is serious earthquake of Magnitude 7.9 occurred in East Kamchatka in Russia on 4/5/1959.  Another earthquake of magnitude 7.2 happened in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, USA on 13/8 killing 28 people. Also there was 7.2 Scale earthquake off Taiwan on 15/8 and 7.3 scale earthquake in New Zealand on 14/9…..  There were also plenty of water related disaster.  On 8/8/1959 big flood in Taiwan killed 2000 people, on 26/9/1959, Typhoon Vera hit Japan killing 5098 people.  On 2/12/1959 Malpasset Dam in Southern France collapsed and water flew over the town of Frejus killing 412 people.  Similar water and earth disasters happened also 120 years ago in 1899, also year of earth pig.  On 12/2/1899 there was the Great Blizzard in North America with freezing temperature and heavy snow.  On 4/3/1899, the Cyclone Mahina strike Queensland killed 400 – this the deadliest natural disaster in Australia history."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1