Would u live in a floating city offshore?

StreetFight3r

post-141090-0-95406800-1552273320_thumb.jpgpost-141090-0-02445200-1552273327_thumb.jpgpost-141090-0-13114600-1552273332_thumb.jpg

would u live in a floating city? how much would u pay for 1? structurally it looks almost like our Supertrees/avatar trees in gardens by the bay. might entice our gahmen in that sense since tourism so impt to us in generating revenue. 10 years to build, EXPECTED to last 100 years. EXPECTED.... hmm...... [nod]

Singapore could very well be building something that looks straight out of a futuristic Japanese anime series.

What is the future of physical expansion in Singapore? One high-tech vision for Singapore is to create floating environmentally friendly cities made up of artificial islands in our immediate equatorial ocean.

How big is a Green Float?

It is going to be 1km in height. At that elevation, the temperature will be cooler at 26°C year-round. It will be constructed in the sea by utilising the buoyancy force of sea water.

How expandable are Green Floats? 

Each Green Float cell is 1km to 3km, a walkable distance across and can grow outwards.

How durable is a Green Float?

Each Green Float would take about 10 years to construct. A Green Float will have a 1km-high tower and a base that is 3km in diameter. Once completed, it is expected to last 100 years. It is also built to float with the ocean current, so it doesn’t remain in one place and block out sunlight from penetrating the depths below.

How much land does Singapore need? 

An additional 5,600 hectares of land are needed by 2030 to cater for a population of between 6.5 and 6.9 million.One hectare is 100 metres by 100 metres.The projection is based on Singapore’s Land Use Plan.Economic Development Board managing director Chng Kai Fong said Singapore is leaving no stone unturned to find solutions to physical expansion: “We’re using every possible surface and expanding our options.”

Why is Singapore an ideal location? 

Singapore’s calm equatorial waters may be one of the best places in the world for them to construct a Green Float. How small is Singapore? Singapore is the 20th-smallest country in the world and the second smallest in Asia. Singapore has 724km² of surface area, less than half the size of London. What other options exist to expand land use in Singapore? The other options include building in the air, such as above roads, canals and existing structures. Currently, the city of London has projects that have seen additional housing units built on the roof of existing buildings that have been reinforced, potentially expanding the property market without touching existing land.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Personally, depends on price and in the event that its just for foreigners, i hope there's a button to set it afloat to a place far away. Tsk, so bad. Ok, sorry.

Its a lovely concept. I hope we wont have issues with sewage and other waste disposals or pests control.

No, i won't mind living on such a floating city. I might just have a slight motion sickness off on but it should not be a problem.

Hehe...thanks for sharing. Would u mind staying on it yourself?

Safe ride...got glass doors hor? Pls make sure it wont fall off.

Cheers

• Praise 2

Being a ex-sailor, definitely no. Its like staying in a prison 24/7. You will not have any freedom.

Thatz why sailing is a dying trade among Singaporeans.

It kinda depends on how it is carried out. If the living quarters ergo unit can be moved around. Gundam style around the island/peninsula you know.

Should be interesting.

Its the technology.

Wonder what they said when people were trying to fly using machines.

post-132626-0-32817100-1552277134_thumb.jpg

Personally, depends on price and in the event that its just for foreigners, i hope there's a button to set it afloat to a place far away. Tsk, so bad. Ok, sorry.

Its a lovely concept. I hope we wont have issues with sewage and other waste disposals or pests control.

No, i won't mind living on such a floating city. I might just have a slight motion sickness off on but it should not be a problem.

Hehe...thanks for sharing. Would u mind staying on it yourself?

Safe ride...got glass doors hor? Pls make sure it wont fall off.

Cheers

no button but i think can leave it to natural selection??  [laugh]  youre right this will likely attract expatriates. 

It is also built to float with the ocean current, so it doesn’t remain in one place and block out sunlight from penetrating the depths below.

I would if there no political parties within the floating cities....... :yuush:

why no political parties. look at pedra branca. its under east coast grc ok

If it sways from side-to-side at the top, then I can't. I felt very dizzy at the top of Taipei 101 although it has a very small sway rate. And 101 is "only" 500m, half the height of this floating city.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

The world's first floating nation designed to 'liberate humanity from politicians' will appear in the Pacific Ocean by 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5077575/The-world-s-floating-city-set-2020-build.html

It will still have to anchor off safe waters in some country's juridisction right.

If i'm a pirate, i will just tag along, put a GPS beacon on this island and keep robbing any stupid folk who bothers to land on such a silly island.  [laugh]

None of them watched captain philip ar?

Cheh it's moored in french polynesia. Might as well go live in monaco...

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

Freehold or leasehold...

Will lawless Wong have HIPS, SERS etc for these housing..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1