Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

There may be a possibility of lease top-ups in future if the old 99yr leasehold condo can't go enbloc. If govt allows enblocs, there is no reason why they can't allow owners to extend the lease. Only problem is the existing condo has to tie in with the URA planning for the town.

en-bloc = developer pay

self lease top-up = eg 20~50 owners pay....  gd luck....   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

en-bloc = developer pay

self lease top-up = eg 20~50 owners pay.... gd luck....

If owners are faced with the prospect of falling prices, a lease top-up makes sense to increase the value of the pty. Of course the topup amount must be significantly less than the gain when they were to resell the property later. This will work for small projects whereby it is not difficult to get an overwhelming majority to agree.
  • Praise 1

Got money it's good buy

No money it's goodbye lah

No need to debate for 4 yrs one

hahha true ... what surprised me was , still so many dying to jump in . There is only 1 conclusion .

There are many rich out there . No wonder our Elite want to increase Taxes  

• Praise 4

If owners are faced with the prospect of falling prices, a lease top-up makes sense to increase the value of the pty. Of course the topup amount must be significantly less than the gain when they were to resell the property later. This will work for small projects whereby it is not difficult to get an overwhelming majority to agree.

ah... you dont get what i meant...  would you be willing to pay the share of a few who REALLY cannot afford it? what about those that are agst the top up taking advantage of the situation?

even if you are.. what about the rest of the majority?

this kind of situation will happen...   

到时 can only LPPL lor...  *pun intended*   [:p]

• Praise 1

hahha true ... what surprised me was , still so many dying to jump in . There is only 1 conclusion .

There are many rich out there . No wonder our Elite want to increase Taxes

Of course. One radx already can bulk purchase 10 units

And 3 G30 to chops 3 parking lots

• Praise 1

ah... you dont get what i meant...  would you be willing to pay the share of a few who REALLY cannot afford it? what about those that are agst the top up taking advantage of the situation?

到时 can only LPPL lor...  *pun intended*   [:p]

He is not call LPPL for nothing rite ?   :XD:

• Praise 5

ah... you dont get what i meant... would you be willing to pay the share of a few who REALLY cannot afford it? what about those that are agst the top up taking advantage of the situation?

å°æ¶ can only LPPL lor... *pun intended* [:p]

For enblocs, they have a compensation commission set up to compensate those making a loss from the enbloc. For lease topups, they could perhaps set up a similar commission to evaluate the length of time the minority (20% or less) need to compensate the rest of the owners and tag that amount to an increased monthly maintenance for those units involved. When these minority owners sell the units at the new premiums, it should be mandatory for the owners to pay back their share of the lease topup amount from the sale proceeds. Of course this has never been tested, just sharing some ideas. In any case, the percentage of lease topups granted is over 60% from a report i read n intensification of land use can easily be worked out.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2010/6/27898/sla-approves-60-percent-of-lease-top-up-applicatio

Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-eases-property-rules-diverging-210000064.html

What rubbish report is that sia.

Hong Kong property market is at sky high is because government never put in loan kerb and other restrictions like singapore do many years back. If Hong Kong government do the same like singapore do, then their property market will not be so sky high already.

It got nothing to do with whether singapore or Hong Kong are dominated by public housing..

• Praise 2

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-eases-property-rules-diverging-210000064.html

What rubbish report is that sia.

Hong Kong property market is at sky high is because government never put in loan kerb and other restrictions like singapore do many years back. If Hong Kong government do the same like singapore do, then their property market will not be so sky high already.

It got nothing to do with whether singapore or Hong Kong are dominated by public housing..

Public and private housing are imperfect substitutes of one another. For sure got difference if Ah gong does not own most of the land in hk. Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

Wonder when i can save enough $$ to start asking question in such atas thread ! :TT_TT:

Ask questions is free, just need to be thick skin like me.
  • Praise 2

There may be a possibility of lease top-ups in future if the old 99yr leasehold condo can't go enbloc. If govt allows enblocs, there is no reason why they can't allow owners to extend the lease. Only problem is the existing condo has to tie in with the URA planning for the town.

No, currently, the gov does not allow owners to extend the lease.  Already had cases kenna rejected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1