• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 56 praises

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Need to ask the experts here. I bought used cars from direct sellers before and we did direct transfer and cashier order hand over in LTA. There is a line in the LTA transfer form for the seller to declare that he has no more outstanding loan.  My question is , how do I know if one really has no outstanding loan? can one make a false declaration and end up my car get towed by finance company after the ownership is transferred?  I guess once  the ownership is transferred, finance company cannot reposes the car from the new owner? 

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,
Need to ask the experts here. I bought used cars from direct sellers before and we did direct transfer and cashier order hand over in LTA. There is a line in the LTA transfer form for the seller to declare that he has no more outstanding loan. My question is , how do I know if one really has no outstanding loan? can one make a false declaration and end up my car get towed by finance company after the ownership is transferred? I guess once the ownership is transferred, finance company cannot reposes the car from the new owner?

Good thing about car with loan, if still got loan lta wont allow transfer
Ct3833, UncleAtas and Theoldjaffa praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Good thing about car with loan, if still got loan lta wont allow transfer

thanks for your reply .  I did it three times over the past few years  and so far no problems. But how would LTA know there is no loan? is there a mechanism for a bank to  block the transfer when a loan is not cleared?  I am asking because i am going to do another transaction and this one i am a little skeptical. 

Edited by Ct3833, 11 March 2019 - 10:17 PM.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:42 PM

Teo2000
  • Teo2000
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes, there is a mechanism whereby LTA knows that the vehicle is still under finance. The bank once told me that they will "release the Form B" once I fully settled my outstanding loan. I full settled and next day I sold to dealer and it was immediately e-transfer to dealer's name.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes, there is a mechanism whereby LTA knows that the vehicle is still under finance. The bank once told me that they will "release the Form B" once I fully settled my outstanding loan. I full settled and next day I sold to dealer and it was immediately e-transfer to dealer's name.

Thanks for your reply. This is quite assuring. So far my transactions have been good but i have been scratching my head how the hell would LTA know there is no outstanding loan by just getting a seller to put a tick  on the form. 

Edited by Ct3833, 11 March 2019 - 10:45 PM.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

Teo2000
  • Teo2000
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Once ownership is in YOUR NAME, you are safe.
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks for your reply . I did it three times over the past few years and so far no problems. But how would LTA know there is no loan? is there a mechanism for a bank to block the transfer when a loan is not cleared? I am asking because i am going to do another transaction and this one i am a little skeptical.

Yes LTA can see whether car still under finance, so dont worry, on the day u hand in cashier order or cash, u can do on the spot to transfer the car.

If you worry u can try to call the bank and do double check whether loan already clear.
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes LTA can see whether car still under finance, so dont worry, on the day u hand in cashier order or cash, u can do on the spot to transfer the car.

If you worry u can try to call the bank and do double check whether loan already clear.

The problem is if a guy say he has no more loan, I wont even able to   know which bank to call. Not trying to be paranoid but just want to be careful and understand the process. 

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:06 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Printing/seeing the latest log card...

Remember seeing a line below saying vehicle is under finance.... (if under bank loan).

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:08 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if an “individual” can login using his/her singpass and do the transfer
this mean he/she has 100% ownership of the car in order to execute the transfer
no more outstanding loan ... else the car is still owned by the bank ... even with just a few more months installment

not sure about corpass though
do ah seng dealer has 100% ownership of the car displayed in their showroom
like thaiyo said ... if the person can login to onemotoring and do the transfer ... means ... the login “identity” has 100% ownership of the car

Edited by Wt_know, 11 March 2019 - 11:11 PM.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:37 PM

WoRmHao
  • Premium member
    WoRmHao
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Previously I bought a used car from a direct owner, he forgot to settle his loan, cannot transfer. LTA system got record.
andrewyewkc, UncleAtas, Yewheng and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if an “individual” can login using his/her singpass and do the transfer
this mean he/she has 100% ownership of the car in order to execute the transfer
no more outstanding loan ... else the car is still owned by the bank ... even with just a few more months installment

not sure about corpass though
do ah seng dealer has 100% ownership of the car displayed in their showroom
like thaiyo said ... if the person can login to onemotoring and do the transfer ... means ... the login “identity” has 100% ownership of the car

Now new system since 28 nov 2018, if buy direct sale from owner direct is ownself help own self. Buyer seller do online whether do together on the spot or got outstanding loan to clear etc...

The problem is if a guy say he has no more loan, I wont even able to know which bank to call. Not trying to be paranoid but just want to be careful and understand the process.

I dun think anyway for u to verify or check, so many banks how to know, worse is settle those in house credit company outstanding loan. If I'm not wrong, only business account like LTA or car dealers they may be able to verify. Call LTA to ask n confirm

Edited by YEN96, 12 March 2019 - 01:28 PM.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,
Need to ask the experts here. I bought used cars from direct sellers before and we did direct transfer and cashier order hand over in LTA. There is a line in the LTA transfer form for the seller to declare that he has no more outstanding loan. My question is , how do I know if one really has no outstanding loan? can one make a false declaration and end up my car get towed by finance company after the ownership is transferred? I guess once the ownership is transferred, finance company cannot reposes the car from the new owner?

If still under loan, the bank need to 'release' the car in the system b4 LTA transfer can be effected. The release will take a couple of days after full settlement.

If seller bluff n say no loan, the system will prevent the transfer from going thru.

Technically. But still read of cases of car being repo after transfer from used car dealer or PI. Dunno how that can happen...
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If still under loan, the bank need to 'release' the car in the system b4 LTA transfer can be effected. The release will take a couple of days after full settlement.

If seller bluff n say no loan, the system will prevent the transfer from going thru.

Technically. But still read of cases of car being repo after transfer from used car dealer or PI. Dunno how that can happen...

Thanks so much. This is very clear. So far my previous purchase have been safe.  Appreciate your valuable info. :a-good:

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

HenryMagma
  • HenryMagma
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Can anyone advise what is the procedure like if I were to sell my car directly to owner?

I understand that the buyer and I need to go to LTA to transfer the vehicle to his name.

But do I need to deregister the vehicle before transferring to the buyers name?
I cant find any info about this on LTA site.
It seems like from LTA site, we only need to fill up the transfer form only.

On top of this, how do I actually settle my outstanding loan?
I mean, if the buyer pass me the cheque, does it need to be under my name or the banks name?

Anyone here experienced selling their ride to direct owner?

Please advise.

Cheers
Orac

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

Can anyone advise what is the procedure like if I were to sell my car directly to owner?

I understand that the buyer and I need to go to LTA to transfer the vehicle to his name.

But do I need to deregister the vehicle before transferring to the buyers name?
I cant find any info about this on LTA site.
It seems like from LTA site, we only need to fill up the transfer form only.

On top of this, how do I actually settle my outstanding loan?
I mean, if the buyer pass me the cheque, does it need to be under my name or the banks name?

Anyone here experienced selling their ride to direct owner?

Please advise.

Cheers
Orac

If u selling directly n still hv outstanding loan, u need to full cash settle your loan w the bank first

After full settlement, the bank will release the car from the system

Then u go to Sin Ming n do transfer to the buyer. Buyer of course gotta have the Cashier's Order ready w your name on it n pass to u once transfer successful.

Remember, no personal cheques. Cashier order or a bag full of cash only.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadys i believe can use singpass to make transfer.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If u selling directly n still hv outstanding loan, u need to full cash settle your loan w the bank first

After full settlement, the bank will release the car from the system

Then u go to Sin Ming n do transfer to the buyer. Buyer of course gotta have the Cashier's Order ready w your name on it n pass to u once transfer successful.

Remember, no personal cheques. Cashier order or a bag full of cash only.

Thanks ..unable to praise you anymore.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks ..unable to praise you anymore.

No worries bro

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

ccsgl1900
  • ccsgl1900
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Need to ask the experts here. I bought used cars from direct sellers before and we did direct transfer and cashier order hand over in LTA. There is a line in the LTA transfer form for the seller to declare that he has no more outstanding loan.  My question is , how do I know if one really has no outstanding loan? can one make a false declaration and end up my car get towed by finance company after the ownership is transferred?  I guess once  the ownership is transferred, finance company cannot reposes the car from the new owner? 

Hi,

You cannot transfer your car if you have an outstanding loan. The finance company will register with LTA that there is outstanding loan. You can check on LTA onemotoring.com to verify is there outstanding loan. Next, you need 1 day to clear the loan status from with outstanding loan to no loan,  after which than you can transfer the car to the next owner. It is a very safe process, you have to do your part to verify that the car is under your name.

If the buyer is taking a loan, the finance company will also register with LTA that the car have outstanding loan.

Hope that help, I learn it from selling my previous car.

SiLangKia and Ct3833 praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: used car, outstanding load and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users