MCF HangOut with the All-New 2019 Perodua Myvi!

kobayashiGT

And Yes, I saw myself in the pic. Extreme left. with a round tummy lol

You so atas..... must lower your expectations a bit la. I feel 1.3 is ok.. because the test drive is too short for me to figure out what are the problems lol

Lol. Maybe. But I've driven my family's 1.2L Nissan Note with a supercharger and it's tolerable. The N/A variant was horrid when I test drove it, as was the Mitsubishi Attrage we were comparing these against. I've also owned a Kia Rio 1.3 manual in the past, and that was better than tolerable; in fact I've driven the snot out of that thing.

The point is engines with a capacity of around 1.2 to 1.3 really do need a little help to be highly usable in my view - either forced induction or a manual with low gearing (or lagi best - both).

Anyway, just my humble opinion bro. I don't discriminate based on badge etc., but I do give my honest opinion on drivability.

↡ Advertisement

Lol. Maybe. But I've driven my family's 1.2L Nissan Note with a supercharger and it's tolerable. The N/A variant was horrid when I test drove it, as was the Mitsubishi Attrage we were comparing these against. I've also owned a Kia Rio 1.3 manual in the past, and that was better than tolerable; in fact I've driven the snot out of that thing.

The point is engines with a capacity of around 1.2 to 1.3 really do need a little help to be highly usable in my view - either forced induction or a manual with low gearing (or lagi best - both).

Anyway, just my humble opinion bro. I don't discriminate based on badge etc., but I do give my honest opinion on drivability.

So have you considered to buy one MYVI .... [sly]

Trade in your current ride and you have 2 brand new MYVI & some loose cash in return.... :serious-business:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

So have you considered to buy one MYVI .... [sly]

Trade in your current ride and you have 2 brand new MYVI & some loose cash in return.... :serious-business:

Err... Pass.

My fren is so humble be maybe worth billions but he still likes his Myvi.

:D

500_F_148987932_usHQ7nhSDNfJM2UKmDm7Fg6epVvOzPVk.jpg

Amazing that you have this photo handy. Ah Jib must really be your idol.

Though by now he's quite idle.

And not so much important as impotent, since they fixed him until he cannot stand.

But I can still stand, and I stand corrected.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Amazing that you have this photo handy. Ah Jib must really be your idol.

Though by now he's quite idle.

And not so much important as impotent, since they fixed him until he cannot stand.

But I can still stand, and I stand corrected.

I gave you 5 anon points cos I feel bad cos it's not really his car.

I just asked him to take a selfie to pretend it's his car for the post.

It's just goes to show what a nice man he is.

How many frens would even bother?

Jibby is really the best.

I gave you 5 anon points cos I feel bad cos it's not really his car.

I just asked him to take a selfie to pretend it's his car for the post.

It's just goes to show what a nice man he is.

How many frens would even bother?

Jibby is really the best.

You must really be a good friend.

I hope it comes with benefits.

By that I mean billions.

Not like with Anwar.

Where the benefit is coming.

• Praise 1

U mean Note has a 1.2 turbo version,in sgp? Agree with u on the part for 1.2NA Note. Attrage kerb weight lighter than Note hence Attrage felt better esp in picking up speed. During the Rio era where manual trans option lies in many makes models, manual does make up for slightly better power distribution for smaller engine cap.

My Bezza is manual & in order to blend with most traffic speeds. Always gotto work harder on the 1st 3 gears with higher revs fr standstill. My take is this, the sooner we put our car to higher gears, the less load stress our car undertake, the better the FC of our cars.

My fren tot my FC is gonna be high when he saw me change gears at 3000rpm or higher sometimes for my 1st 3 gears. But in reality my FC still hovers between 16-17 km/l.

Small engine cap I observed..drive with small load very gd FC balance with power delivery. But the moment with more load, FC increase drastic & big drop in power. Big eng cap where I hv driven the 2.4 Outlander, got load no load FC readings differs not much but the car itself already high FC due to being a big car with quite big engine.

The size of the Myvi is a gd fit for 1.5. 1.3 still works but I believe manual could compensate alittle for the shortfall. However, if the price of a PI Honda Fit 1.3 is indeed lower than Myvi 1.5, I think this competition will do no favor for Myvi. The moment I read the Myvi is not the Advance version with all the ASA thingy, I think its not gonna work for Perocom. For myself, if I wanna get another Perodua, it ought to hv superior safety features that other established makes might not include in their models.

Tq for ur inputs.

U mean Note has a 1.2 turbo version,in sgp? Agree with u on the part for 1.2NA Note. Attrage kerb weight lighter than Note hence Attrage felt better esp in picking up speed. During the Rio era where manual trans option lies in many makes models, manual does make up for slightly better power distribution for smaller engine cap.

My Bezza is manual & in order to blend with most traffic speeds. Always gotto work harder on the 1st 3 gears with higher revs fr standstill. My take is this, the sooner we put our car to higher gears, the less load stress our car undertake, the better the FC of our cars.

My fren tot my FC is gonna be high when he saw me change gears at 3000rpm or higher sometimes for my 1st 3 gears. But in reality my FC still hovers between 16-17 km/l.

Small engine cap I observed..drive with small load very gd FC balance with power delivery. But the moment with more load, FC increase drastic & big drop in power. Big eng cap where I hv driven the 2.4 Outlander, got load no load FC readings differs not much but the car itself already high FC due to being a big car with quite big engine.

The size of the Myvi is a gd fit for 1.5. 1.3 still works but I believe manual could compensate alittle for the shortfall. However, if the price of a PI Honda Fit 1.3 is indeed lower than Myvi 1.5, I think this competition will do no favor for Myvi. The moment I read the Myvi is not the Advance version with all the ASA thingy, I think its not gonna work for Perocom. For myself, if I wanna get another Perodua, it ought to hv superior safety features that other established makes might not include in their models.

Tq for ur inputs.

Supercharged not turbo, and yes, that's the one we have at home. 1.2 DIG-S

My memory of the test drive (drivability-wise) was 1.2 DIG-S note > attrage > 1.2 note

But the interior space of the note is amazing. Very comfortable seating front and back. Clear win over attrage in practicality.

For a super budget make like the Perodua, it really needs to punch above its weight to attract buyers. If not performance, safety. Like the Kia Stinger GT performance - punching at (old) BMW M2 levels of power output to sway buyers.

Edited by Turboflat4

Twincharged

Supercharged not turbo, and yes, that's the one we have at home. 1.2 DIG-S

My memory of the test drive (drivability-wise) was 1.2 DIG-S note > attrage > 1.2 note

But the interior space of the note is amazing. Very comfortable seating front and back. Clear win over attrage in practicality.

For a super budget make like the Perodua, it really needs to punch above its weight to attract buyers. If not performance, safety. Like the Kia Stinger GT performance - punching at (old) BMW M2 levels of power output to sway buyers.

its amazing that the note has a supercharger and can sell at that price.

Supersonic

its amazing that the note has a supercharger and can sell at that price.

It's a nice little car. Very practical. The "boxy" design means it can seat people behind much more comfortably than even a BMW 3 series.

Me and wife tried the Note. She drove I did not. 

She floored the throttle and looked at me with amusement.

Thats when I decided not to test it. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Me and wife tried the Note. She drove I did not.

She floored the throttle and looked at me with amusement.

Thats when I decided not to test it.

Was it the supercharged version? It'll say DIG-S.

The non supercharged one is about as pathetic in pickup as the Myvi.

The supercharged is significantly better. Can live with it.

Was it the supercharged version? It'll say DIG-S.

The non supercharged one is about as pathetic in pickup as the Myvi.

The supercharged is significantly better. Can live with it.

Yup the supercharged.

I guess turbo charged suit us better.  :secret-laugh:

Supersonic
(edited)

Yup the supercharged.

I guess turbo charged suit us better. :secret-laugh:

Got turbo? For Note?

But yes, when you really need power, it's lacking. And it can't take really hard driving. Recently when I was stressed out (someone in hospital and I needed to get there urgently) I managed to blow or dislodge the intake pipe with my exuberant driving. Luckily I was almost there and later Tan Chong covered the repair FOC.

Edited by Turboflat4

Got turbo? For Note?

But yes, when you really need power, it's lacking. And it can't take really hard driving. Recently when I was stressed out (someone in hospital and I needed to get there urgently) I managed to blow or dislodge the intake pipe with my exuberant driving. Luckily I was almost there and later Tan Chong covered the repair FOC.

You hardcore bro.... 

Actually I meant pay a little bit more for a golf 1.0 TC. It definitely delivers more and better. 

GB issue  no scare lah since its a known issue with a quick fix. 

• Praise 1