Mass shooting in NZ, Christchurch outside 2 mosques

Atonchia

How can someone live streaming himself killing another human being!

Is sickending.

Also today is Friday. 11am plus NZ local

Mosque.

barbaric!

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

I didn’t even know who the PM of NZ was until this incident , it’s such a peace loving nation and laid back country just like Canada ( at one time) and never made any headlines except as a tourist destination and that having more sheep than humans , after this incident cannot take security for granted no more in this region too

• Praise 4

christchurch-shooting-6.jpg

CHRISTCHURCH: Forty people died and 20 others were seriously injured after gunmen opened fire at two mosques in the city of Christchurch during afternoon prayers on Friday (Mar 15), New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed.

• Forty dead and 20 seriously injured after shootings at two mosques in Christchurch
  • Four people in custody, police secured a number of improvised explosive devices
  • One of the detained is an Australian citizen, Australia's prime minister confirms 
  • New Zealand police request all mosques in the country to "shut their doors"

Ardern said New Zealand had been placed on its highest security threat level. She said four people in police custody held extremist views, but had not been on any police watchlists.

"It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack," she said. "From what we know, it does appear to have been well planned."

"Two explosive devices attached to suspect vehicles have now been found and they have been disarmed," she added.

New Zealand's police commissioner Mike Bush earlier warned worshippers not to visit mosques "anywhere in New Zealand".

Police also requested all mosques in the country to "shut their doors" and advised that "people refrain from visiting the premises until further notice".

People in the centre of the city should stay indoors, police said. All Christchurch schools and council buildings have been placed under lockdown.

Ardern described the incidents as "one of New Zealand’s darkest days".

"Clearly what has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence. Many of those who have been directly affected by the shooting may be migrants to New Zealand. 

"They may even be refugees here. They have chosen to make New Zealand their home and it is their home. They are us. The person who has perpetuated this violence against us is not," she said.

• Praise 4

Don't believe in TV drama. According to å书 "Book of Tang", æ¨çç¯ was "é缢死äºä½å®¤" and witnessed by a trusted Eunuch, i.e. "hung at the Buddhist shrine". However, in Japan, it was widely believed that she was secretly expelled to Japan where she lived till her passing.

The most cruel way of death penalty has to be åè¿è´æ­», cut small slices little by little from the person's body, from the skin to the flesh until death.

Anyway, this is off topic. These violent way of killing need not and do not have any place in our civilized world today.

Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, such violence is senseless and so cowardly. These are innocent ppl, women and children.

NZ is a peaceful country. My sincere prayer that we will never need to go thru such a tragedy too. Cannot take peace and security for granted these days. Not to live in fear but to be alert and to act swiftly against such wicked ppl.

Seriously, their unhappiness, grudges and desire to die for whatever causes should not be forced upon anyone. Sick.

• Praise 2

The below Twitter video is not for the fainthearted.

See the gunman entering the mosque and started killing people like it's a video game...

Turbocharged

I read screenshot of his manifesto...

Complaining about non-white invaders in nz...

Erm... ironic... wonder how the maoris felt...

In any case, the white community needs to do more to alert the authorities about people like this.

• Praise 1

I think this is not only NZ's darkest day.

Anyone who has humanity in him will feel the pain of such a tragedy.

Our islamic friends, neighbours, colleagues, even relatives, will surely be saddened and angry too.

Let's hope such senseless deeds will never ever be repeated by any human being.

NZ is a beautiful country, and my family just went there for holidays in Dec. It really shocks me that such a thing can happen there.

Hope the injured and the victims' families can heal and recover from this quickly, and that the murderers will be tortured every single of their miserable life by people, since there's no death penalty in NZ. Put them in jail with muslims, let nature take its course, but let it be a slow prolonged process...

• Praise 3