Formula One 2019

Adrianli

Season start liao. After 2 practice sessions, looks like same old same old. Mercedes leading the pack while the rest catch up.

Lots of drivers switch seats.

Very sad to hear the passing of Charlie Whitling, just 1 day before practice 1.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

The Ferrari's winter testing promise has evaporated, and the 0.7sec gap is wider than the past 2 seasons! I guess we will be seeing a 1-horse race again this year. Sianz.

• Praise 1

The Ferrari's winter testing promise has evaporated, and the 0.7sec gap is wider than the past 2 seasons! I guess we will be seeing a 1-horse race again this year. Sianz.

Depends as it seems like single lap is strong but long run peace not that strong. Also it is just 1st race and still got long way to go, other team like red bull can catch up too..

Bottas won. Look at the gap, another season for Mercedes. Would they allow Bottas to be Championship winner or he has to make way for Lewis.

• Praise 1

Bottas won. Look at the gap, another season for Mercedes. Would they allow Bottas to be Championship winner or he has to make way for Lewis.

Now only 1st race, there are many more race to come. Anyone can catchup. Hope ferrari and Red bull can catch up fast, to make the racing more interesting to watch.

First race, Ham did not win, bin chao chao... I wonder will he sour his relationship with Bottas if Valteri consistently outperform him. 

Now only 1st race, there are many more race to come. Anyone can catchup. Hope ferrari and Red bull can catch up fast, to make the racing more interesting to watch.

U look at how Bottas took away fastest lap from Max. The merc is already so much superior prior to mid-season upgrades when they move to europe. I doubt Ferrari or Red Bull can catch-up unless Merc screw-up on their own.

Next race, Bahrain, pure track circuit. Lets see what the others can do.

• Praise 1

U look at how Bottas took away fastest lap from Max. The merc is already so much superior prior to mid-season upgrades when they move to europe. I doubt Ferrari or Red Bull can catch-up unless Merc screw-up on their own.

Next race, Bahrain, pure track circuit. Lets see what the others can do.

the fastest laps were set by 

1. Bot (Merc)

2. Lewis (Max)

3. Max (Red Bull)

Hope to see more from the Red Bull-Honda partnership. They seem to have a better package than Ferrari. 

Renault doesn't seem to be improving. First race already one from MacLaren went up in smoke. If that is how the culture of the organization is then better don't buy their cars....

Edited by Ichibawa
  • Praise 1

Looks like Ferrari are really fast in circuit. However race pace and reliability plays a part in winning a GP. They probably tune up the engine too much.

• Praise 1

After today, I feel that Vettel will remain a 4 time world champion.

yeah, Lewis seems to handle race day pressures better than Vet. 

nice to see Mclaren back in points scoring position, they seem to be better without Alonso.  [:p]

a bit of deja vu when Max was tangling with a lap-down pink car. Honda power unit improving.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

nice to see Mclaren back in points scoring position, they seem to be better without Alonso. [:p]

a bit of deja vu when Max was tangling with a lap-down pink car. Honda power unit improving. [thumbsup]

I feel red bull is progress backwards as compared to other midfield team who progress forward. See the pace to the midfield is now on par.. Edited by Yewheng

I feel red bull is progress backwards as compared to other midfield team who progress forward. See the pace to the midfield is now on par..

Honda engine is more reliable and powerful this year. Just that performance not so apparent yet as Gasly is struggling a bit still. Max is managing the Red Bull Honda package better. Sill a bit behind Merc and Ferrari on outright straight line speed though.

nice to see Mclaren back in points scoring position, they seem to be better without Alonso.  [:p]

a bit of deja vu when Max was tangling with a lap-down pink car. Honda power unit improving.  [thumbsup]

Yeah race day pressure is Vettel's Achilles Heel.

Also, unless he has a very good reason, he is simply not fast enough.

Leclerc was faster in Australia and faster in Bahrain...

↡ Advertisement