Paint Protection Film or Coat Recommendations with S$1K?

5kylark

what recommendations and why please?

I hope to have easier wash and harder for sio langs to scratch or ding with door.

↡ Advertisement

I used paint protection film as it is a lot thicker and can prevent minor scratches.  The other coatings that are much thinner can probably last only 1 year and not so effective against scratches.

Previously, I have to use shampoo, tap water and hard polishing to get rid of stains and rain water marks.  With the film, I just need a bucket of tap water and a clean cloth in a 15 min car wash and it be show room condition.

Film cannot be done < $1k if you are looking for good quality.  > $2k is more realistic if you don't want it to turn yellow after a few years.

Edited by awhtc

Thanks for the tips.

If I budget S$2.5K, what can I expect?

If someone keys the car, will it require more effort and likely to trigger the dashcam?

If someone hit me, will insurance cover this protection too?

Thanks.

>

You can search around to get quotes and specifications of the film within your budget.

However, at > $2k it is comparable to repainting your car after 5 years so it depends on whether you see it is worthwhile. There are more advantages of car film for me mainly due to car washing and preservation of original paint. Any dirt or bird shit can never touch the paint and can be washed off very easily.

If someone wants to scratch your car, he can just use a pen knife to cut through and deeply scratch your film without triggering your car camera.

It depends on insurance but generally I don't think insurance covers these type of film damage.

personally my experience w paint protection is, after few weeks the hydropholic effect wear out. Especially when the car is parked under sun. Cos the UV here is so strong it slowly burn away the whatever coating

• Praise 1