Hyflux shareholders to stage protest at Hong Lim

Lethalstrike

Actually the health of the company is clearly stated in its books. I was actually quite interested in the Perpetual bonds until I go into details of the offering. It did state that part of the cash is used to pay dividend for the 1st offering. Bloody big red flag. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Actually the health of the company is clearly stated in its books. I was actually quite interested in the Perpetual bonds until I go into details of the offering. It did state that part of the cash is used to pay dividend for the 1st offering. Bloody big red flag.

Heng I didn’t buy [crazy]

Partly oil price, partly supply issue. But when Hyflux issued those perps a few years back, the electricity market was already very bad yet they sold those bonds to retail investors to repay institutional holders, that part I not sure.

Yeah, they should not just talk about how much it dropped from 2011 to 2017.

Talk about how much the wholesale price was when they:

1. invested in the proj

2. sold the perps

3. sold the prefs

I’ve come to the stage whereby I view it as a form of philanthropy...to also reinvest any peanut earnings from SP to indirectly help the needy...

You were invested?

Yeah, they should not just talk about how much it dropped from 2011 to 2017.

Talk about how much the wholesale price was when they:

1. invested in the proj

2. sold the perps

3. sold the prefs

You were invested?

Not Singapore Power but Pools

Supersonic

Not Singapore Power but Pools

Hahaha...i oso wanna protest. Put in marny but never tio hongbao draw after all these years

Pls put on forum sticker, CAPS, anything to shout for attention, when there is a protest for all punters to claim every dollar lost "investing" in Singapore Pools, "stocks" like toto, 4d, football, horses etc...not swimming pools ah.

Greed. There is no 100% guarantee of safe investments unless those guaranteed by govt, provided govt does not go bankrupt *touch wood*.

Condolences to these. Their investments died an early death. I do empathise and understand the heart pain but its a risk every investor is aware or should be aware.

Meet all u want. Greed is a rascal. For some, its karma in disguise. For others, its school fees. And for one or two, its bad judgement or holding on to false hopes. For a few, its plain unlucky.

Reminded me of a story about luck. Customer A sold to Customer B a shop unit for $2m. Customer A thinks he is very lucky cos bought long ago at $1m. 4 months later, shop unit was part of an enbloc and Customer B was given $5m for it. All happy happy?

Haha...Customer A super unhappy but that's life...enbloc failed 3 times during his ownership but went thru after he sold it. Haha....life sometimes like to make jokes out of ppl.

Just sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 6

Supercharged

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/energy-commodities/power-generation-sector-crushed-by-massive-overcapacity

sg electricity market is quite screwed up.

All players know if they build more plants, they will kill each other.

So what did they do?

Build more plants...

Now everyone in the red except the malaysian owned one, which funnily did not build more plants recently unlike many others.

good for us users... but wait... at $81/MWh we should be paying about 10cts/kwh...

still more room for discounts!

yah lor! still got room for more discounts!

CEO already planning her own exit strategy a few years ago.

The problem with the investors is that they should had guessed something is wrong when Hyflux is still paying dividends when it's already have cashflow problems.

But as long as dividends are paid, everyone keep quiet and happy. Now the music stops, stage protest and kpkb to authorities about real families losing their hard earned money. Get real man...

If company in trouble and still paying dividend, should the board be held accountable? Loophole in our law? Cannot be our Minister of law is world best you know

Turbocharged

wah...thats a natural industry cycle lah and not restrictly solely to power generation

next comes consolidation and so on

:D

The petrol stations here are immune to this cycle

If company in trouble and still paying dividend, should the board be held accountable? Loophole in our law? Cannot be our Minister of law is world best you know

Our Minister of Law is world best? Really? Din know that. Thanks for sharing info.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/energy-commodities/power-generation-sector-crushed-by-massive-overcapacity

sg electricity market is quite screwed up.

All players know if they build more plants, they will kill each other.

So what did they do?

Build more plants...

Now everyone in the red except the malaysian owned one, which funnily did not build more plants recently unlike many others.

good for us users... but wait... at $81/MWh we should be paying about 10cts/kwh...

still more room for discounts!

So did we overpay for electricity these past few years?

Then isn't this a Ponzi scheme?

Turbocharged

I don't understand these investors. When their shares were going up and making money till no tomorrow, aren't they happy all the way to the bank?

And when they lose money,  they want goodwill?

Do they know the definition of investing?

• Praise 1

Our Minister of Law is world best? Really? Din know that. Thanks for sharing info.

Safe ride

Cheers

Not best meh? I am pretty sure is the best paid law minister and the reason has to be best right? Haha

Not best meh? I am pretty sure is the best paid law minister and the reason has to be best right? Haha

Ah...just your assumption. Not sure. Cos to me the best is subjective cos got many branches of law. Divorce, litigation, criminal etc.

Best paid? Haha...he may lose out many many to others in States or just next door too. Also my assumptions lah.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1