Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

since you are aware smaller cc/segment car then why still need bring out to compare??

that's my questions and puzzling...

Cause I don't feel why cars vios or altis, r anything lousier than most of the cars I mentioned
↡ Advertisement

Cause I don't feel why cars vios or altis, r anything lousier than most of the cars I mentioned

Yeah, Altis is a good car having driven 2 Altis over a 15 year period. I don't regret owning these 2. After switching from Toyota to Honda 1 month ago, some things I miss, some I don't. Each car is different and has it's pros and cons...No doubt about Toyota's reliability, and to me it was easy and nice to drive but it's getting pricey and interior a bit dated...my new car has better FC, better interior and slightly less pricey but I think sound insulation, HU sound quality and air con not as good as my earlier cars. I hope reliability can be matched, time will tell.   

ok ok...

still dont understand the terms "same segment"...

anyway response to your earlier post am not looking problem, just to correct your post to avoid misleading to other who may not understand car segment categories..

Those who work in raffles place area better take train n buses. Season parking is subjected to balloting and monthly parking fees is one of the most expensive in spore

My workplace along Cecil Street season parking is $300/mth (staff rate).

Is it ok bro? I do not know the monthly charge for other places in CBD area.

The other day check out Frasers Tower but season parking is not for public.

• Praise 2

(edited)

My workplace along Cecil Street season parking is $300/mth (staff rate).

Is it ok bro? I do not know the monthly charge for other places in CBD area.

The other day check out Frasers Tower but season parking is not for public.

Grab liao lor!!!! Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I still dunno if this debate is really over genuine concern of users car selection or a redemption of self esteem complex

So how Mr. RogerNg, 25 pages liao , can conclude already or not ? Or we still have to continue the debate?

• Praise 1

haha

Who is the number 1?

I still dunno if this debate is really over genuine concern of users car selection or a redemption of self esteem complex

If you already have an axe to grind against me, whatever topic I posted or started you sure have suspicions, grudges etc. No one is forcing you to read it. There are other topic which will interest you more
  • Praise 1

Who is the number 1?

Yeah Apple is number 1 but if just comparison to Automotive, Toyota is number 1.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Lol why would I have an axe to grind? My earlier two replies to you were very on topic. But looking at your later post it seems this is not a matter of life choices

Why I find odd is you didn't reply on my earlier post but to this one instead, anyway if this is a self justification thread you got your answer.

Just be happy with what your own choice to meet your own lifestyle need

Who is the number 1?
If you already have an axe to grind against me, whatever topic I posted or started you sure have suspicions, grudges etc. No one is forcing you to read it. There are other topic which will interest you more

• Praise 4

(edited)
Let me play devil advocate.

- This is a US market data, not applicable to here.

- US Toyotas are assembled in the US, cannot compare with Thaiyota.

- Why is Hyundai not in the table ? Looks like Kehlong.

- Why is there only one European brand in the table ? Looks like a Kehlong again.

- Moreover, the cheapest to maintain does not mean it is reliable. What for having a car that is cheap to repair but keep breaking down ?

- How can the article mention Merc and BMW are the most expensive to maintain ? This one I personally disagree. Haha.

Data and facts are good for out reference. But I wont sell my Mercedes because of this article. Similarly, dont sell your car because it did not make it to the chart, and dont buy the brand that appeared most frequently in the table, buy what you like, what you think makes sense and you could afford.

Have fun and have a nice weekend guys.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5

I was in Japan last week, and I was sitting down on the bench watching the cars go by, I wanted to see Japanese themselves are driving what cars and guess what, even Majority of Japanese are driving Toyota cars, and the most popular is Toyota Prius.

Surprisingly, Nissan Note is quite popular in Japan or maybe because I am near to Nissan Headquarters.

About 1-2 hours time, I saw these cars zoomed past,

Toyota Prius - 12 times

Nissan Note - 5 times

I saw this Nissan car outside Nissan Headquarters.

- Why is there only one European brand in the table ? Looks like a Kehlong again.
- Moreover, the cheapest to maintain does not mean it is reliable. What for having a car that is cheap to repair but keep breaking down ?
- How can the article mention Merc and BMW are the most expensive to maintain ? This one I personally disagree. Haha.

Data and facts are good for out reference. But I wont sell my Mercedes because of this article. Similarly, dont sell your car because it did not make it to the char, and dont buy the brand that appeared most frequently in the table, buy what you like, what you think makes sense and you could afford.

Yes I agree with you, users should buy what they like and comfortable with.  All those references are just a gauge, I also wonder why Hyundai is missing or the author is biased towards Hyundai.

post-280756-0-68377000-1554598998_thumb.jpg

post-280756-0-45692300-1554599004_thumb.jpg

post-280756-0-99166400-1554599009_thumb.jpg

post-280756-0-96041700-1554599014_thumb.jpg

Data and facts are good for out reference. But I wont sell my Mercedes because of this article. Similarly, dont sell your car because it did not make it to the char, and dont buy the brand that appeared most frequently in the table, buy what you like, what you think makes sense and you could afford.

I think it's a good read but definitely the brand stats is not applicable in Singapore context.
↡ Advertisement