Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

TS only posted / replied 2 or 3 post in his own thread , and those post / reply seems to be more focus on mcf point that the topic. Until now, he is only asking about opinion, but has not state his own view. I am also wondering if his real intentions is to have real discussion or ?

If not mistaken TS and respondent are driving Hyundai / Kia (apologize to Hyundai/Kia owner not in related of this discussions) please correct if I am wrong, so he/she pick Toyota as comparison.

why not other brand of equal price? till now no one answer this yet, like avoiding.

let say proton are selling with better pricing, do you think these people will buy proton?

last time proton is cheaper these people all stay away commented min must get Korean brand.

at the end of the day, clearly these are trouble maker in the society, till date I have not seen other car brand's member started topic against Korean car.

so far only seen these few korean car owner like to start this kind of topics stirring around.

like you said may be to score point or other unknown intentions?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 2

If not mistaken TS and respondent are driving Hyundai / Kia (apologize to Hyundai/Kia owner not in related of this discussions) please correct if I am wrong, so he/she pick Toyota as comparison.

why not other brand of equal price? till now no one answer this yet, like avoiding.

let say proton are selling with better pricing, do you think these people will buy proton?

last time proton is cheaper these people all stay away commented min must get Korean brand.

at the end of the day, clearly these are trouble maker in the society, till date I have not seen other car brand's member started topic against Korean car.

so far only seen these few korean car owner like to start this kind of topics stirring around.

like you said may be to score point or other unknown intentions?

Some people are just biased. A harmless topic can turn into a personal attack. It shows that in this world there are petty men around
  • Dislike 2

It is why I renew my e200 COE.. new car 240k, Coe car 70k, it is an outdated model though.

Old Mercedes are classic models.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

TS, why dont you pick Honda as comparison?

Honda City and Civic 1.6 still come with 2 airbags and they are not cheap either. The Civic 1.6 comes with an old tech engine and price close to Altis. I am just curious why only aim Toyota.

• Praise 1

Some people are just biased. A harmless topic can turn into a personal attack. It shows that in this world there are petty men around

neutral.

at the end of the day, still no one answer to my points..

Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 1

TS, why dont you pick Honda as comparison?

Honda City and Civic 1.6 still come with 2 airbags and they are not cheap either. The Civic 1.6 comes with an old tech engine and price close to Altis. I am just curious why only aim Toyota.

If I pick Honda, some petty people will say why I never choose Toyota. This forum got lots of these people who are really worse than you thought. Hope u are not one of them

If you build a car with a very simple design and only used old but proven mechanicals

like engine, gearbox and chassis then you will have a very reliable car.

And if people are willing to pay a premium for the reliability then you can price it higher.

Looking at the figures the AD is also not overcharging as their profit margin is not the highest.

However if a person is really knowledgeable then they can buy an alternative car at a lower

price and feel confident that it will be equally reliable and not have to pay the premium.

How many people are really knowledgeable about cars and know how reliable Korean cars

are these day? 

Unless you work in KMC or Borneo service department you won't really know what kind of

breakdowns or repair their car needs to really understand how reliable their products really are.

Does anyone have friends or relatives with inside knowledge of these companies? 

• Praise 2

The problem with people are that people are lazy.

We like to stereotype and only hold one idea in our head.

Like Japanese cars are more reliable.

We never bother to check if this idea is true or not.

Just google Toyota Quality Issues and see the results.

Jun 22, 2011 - Toyota's quality problems in the United States were signaled with a recall in late 2009 for problems with floor mats, but they didn't end there.

Dec 20, 2018 - Toyota Quality Problems: The Fall… Between 2009–2011, Toyota was forced to recall an incredible 9 million of its cars in response to 3 separate recalls. The issue was the unintended acceleration some drivers had experienced leading to several severe incidents.
Oct 15, 2014 - "Toyota is not aware of any fires, crashes, injuries, or fatalities" linked to the problems, it added. The announcement comes about four months after Toyota recalled 2.27 million vehicles globally over a defect that could see airbags fail to deploy in a crash and which also posed a fire risk.
Feb 2, 2016 - Toyota is recalling 320000 vehicles that may activate air bags when it is not necessary.
Mar 9, 2010 - He sees those who believe Toyota has serious quality/safety problems ... in an internal presentation, warned “some of the quality issues we are ...
Jan 12, 2016 - Toyota Motor has entrenched itself as the world's top-selling car company, ... aspects of car making, including manufacturing, sales and quality.
Jun 29, 2016 - The Japanese automaker recalled 3.4 million vehicles globally on Wednesday. It didn't bother to tell investors.

Figure 1: How Toyota's Reliability Compares to Selected Competitors ... INITIAL QUALITY STUDY, problems per 100 cars measured at 90 days of ownership.

• Praise 2

But being lazy is one thing what is worse is being stupid.

When some people come into information that does not 

support their idea that Japanese cars are more reliable

they will argue and refuse to even consider if the new

information is correct or not.

Its the - I am very knowledgeable and no need to teach me

anything attitude.

I am sure you will have read this kind of attitude from one poster

here in MCF.

• Praise 4

For those who still don't understand why many ppl r using Toyota as an example. Very simple

Which brand fanboy will go around telling everyone, their brand or car is the top seller, good fc, reliable, good resale value while bashing others

They have to have evidences to support their claims. Its not like just owning the car for few months n tell everyone its reliable because tiagong it's reliable by another Toyota loyalists, as if other brand r not reliable.

Claiming its the top seller or most popular base on ur feel. Hello I posted lta new car registration from at least 2017 till now, pls Google urself n stop finding excuses. Toyota is the only brand that is commonly used by taxi n phvs, so if u lose to other car brand that better don't anyhow spread fake news

Talking abt good fc. They always accuse Korea cars or mazda is a drinker, while they still don't know other car maker already catch up or have better fc than their thaiyota

High resale. Maybe those who bought their altis at 120k couple of yrs ago can check how much the dealer r willing to take back.

Be more humble n don't be so cocky

But being lazy is one thing what is worse is being stupid.

When some people come into information that does not

support their idea that Japanese cars are more reliable

they will argue and refuse to even consider if the new

information is correct or not.

Its the - I am very knowledgeable and no need to teach me

anything attitude.

I am sure you will have read this kind of attitude from one poster

here in MCF.

They can't accept facts. I post screen shots of the bad reviews on altis, they start to bash me n claim those r fake acc.

Imagine those altis owners want to share their negative reviews also scare la

• Praise 3

The problem with people are that people are lazy.

We like to stereotype and only hold one idea in our head.

Like Japanese cars are more reliable.

We never bother to check if this idea is true or not.

Just google Toyota Quality Issues and see the results.

What Really Happened to Toyota? - MIT Sloan Management Review

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/what-really-happened-to-toyota/

Jun 22, 2011 - Toyota's quality problems in the United States were signaled with a recall in late 2009 for problems with floor mats, but they didn't end there.

Toyota Quality Problems: What happened to Toyota? - SUPERTEAM, Inc

https://www.superteam.io/blog/toyota-quality-problems/

Dec 20, 2018 - Toyota Quality Problems: The Fall⦠Between 2009â2011, Toyota was forced to recall an incredible 9 million of its cars in response to 3 separate recalls. The issue was the unintended acceleration some drivers had experienced leading to several severe incidents.

Toyota Recall Targets 1.75 Million Vehicles, 3 Separate Problems ...

https://www.industryweek.com/quality/new-toyota-recall-targets-175-million-vehicles-...

Oct 15, 2014 - "Toyota is not aware of any fires, crashes, injuries, or fatalities" linked to the problems, it added. The announcement comes about four months after Toyota recalled 2.27 million vehicles globally over a defect that could see airbags fail to deploy in a crash and which also posed a fire risk.

Toyota recalls 320,000 vehicles for safety issue - CNBC.com

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/.../toyota-recalls-320000-vehicles-for-safety-issue.htm...

Feb 2, 2016 - Toyota is recalling 320000 vehicles that may activate air bags when it is not necessary.

No Big Quality Problems at Toyota? - Harvard Business Review

https://hbr.org/2010/03/no-big-quality-problems-at-toy

Mar 9, 2010 - He sees those who believe Toyota has serious quality/safety problems ... in an internal presentation, warned âsome of the quality issues we are ...

'Toyota Still Has Many Issues,' President Says - WSJ

https://www.wsj.com ⺠Business ⺠Autos & Transportation ⺠Autos Industry

Jan 12, 2016 - Toyota Motor has entrenched itself as the world's top-selling car company, ... aspects of car making, including manufacturing, sales and quality.

Tell Me Straight, Toyota - Bloomberg - Bloomberg.com

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2016-06-30/tell-me-straight-toyota

Jun 29, 2016 - The Japanese automaker recalled 3.4 million vehicles globally on Wednesday. It didn't bother to tell investors.

[PDF] What Happened to Toyota? How Many Quality Problems Do They Have?

www.eoq.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/...June.../12_1_cole_slides.pdf

Figure 1: How Toyota's Reliability Compares to Selected Competitors ... INITIAL QUALITY STUDY, problems per 100 cars measured at 90 days of ownership.

It does not affect Toyota sales in Singapore in any way. Afterall the cars are made in Thailand

Buy a car within Ur budget and match Ur own requirements.

Wad other people say is not important most important is you must be happy

• Praise 8

Buy a car within Ur budget and match Ur own requirements.

Wad other people say is not important most important is you must be happy

I agree. Buying a car is a big decision and every cent counts. Better to buy one within budget instead of over stretch budget and ended up not able to enjoy it fully. If budget is not a concern, can have many choice, other than Toyota.

• Praise 4

If I pick Honda, some petty people will say why I never choose Toyota. This forum got lots of these people who are really worse than you thought. Hope u are not one of them

it seem from early you already know regardless of which brands you pick for such discussion only bring harms, then why you still started it and now say something which we all cannot understand??

if you are understanding, you will know what to do next...

if you choose to not understand then we know your actual characters now...

please accept my sincere apologies if any...

Edited by Contipro
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1