Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

Looks fake now.

Oh well....missing a pair of testicles spotted.attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

well said..

apologize it seem your Hyundai/Kia boys missing their testicles as well.. if you happen to know them please let them know i feel sorry about this..

post-135813-0-86278600-1553960182_thumb.jpg

I only believe my eyes, hands and feel, not the hearsay.

Till only recently, Harrier can pass the look part. It managed to make me look at it a 2nd time. As for the Camry, my spouse says give her a Kia or Hyundai anytime over it. ;) She came out of camry in secs during the recent car show. Lol.

I have driven 3 Japanese, 2 koreans, 1 Italian and 2 Germans. All stock except the Italian. Without a single doubt, the Italian (not those ex ones) gave me most fun, the Germans give me the best drive of all - sure footed, planted, sharp. If I can afford, it will be german again in future even it is slightly less reliable bcos the feel is definite "value for the money".

Reliability is over priced.

• Praise 4

And toyota is not fast hence less item to go breakdown lol

No lah.

Apple to apple.

I dun see why Camry 2.4 or Mark X is not fast? If u mean 1.5 Vios is not fast? Then u r right.

Turbocharged

Buy a car within Ur budget and match Ur own requirements.

Wad other people say is not important most important is you must be happy

Like myself.

Changed Subaru legacy to Merc C. Got criticised. Have high maintenance parts and repair cost la, reliability la... Some even suggest my boss won't be happy with me

• Praise 13

I thought vios now from batam? no?

Thai puying na rak!

Sienta still made in Indonesia if buy from Borneo motors

No lah.

Apple to apple.

I dun see why Camry 2.4 or Mark X is not fast? If u mean 1.5 Vios is not fast? Then u r right.

2.4 of course have better acceleration n torque than a 1500 or 1600cc car . But then road tax is about 1600 plus per year. Worth It? Yes if you can afford it.

So is Toyota for you?

Is this qn for me?

Nope, at least not now. Unless I do not have any other choice like when I need a people mover, vellfire or alphard will make the mark.

On a side note, I don't brand Lexus with Toyota. The feel is totally different. I have been lucky to have sat in a Lexus at 140kmh - smooth. But I have sat at same speed in Audis, BMWs, Mercs and Infiniti too, BMWs and MERCs win hands down followed by Lexus. All stock. Infiniti is a straight no - maybe that one I sat was not maintained properly.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

For those who still don't understand why many ppl r using Toyota as an example. Very simple

Which brand fanboy will go around telling everyone, their brand or car is the top seller, good fc, reliable, good resale value while bashing others

They have to have evidences to support their claims. Its not like just owning the car for few months n tell everyone its reliable because tiagong it's reliable by another Toyota loyalists, as if other brand r not reliable.

Claiming its the top seller or most popular base on ur feel. Hello I posted lta new car registration from at least 2017 till now, pls Google urself n stop finding excuses. Toyota is the only brand that is commonly used by taxi n phvs, so if u lose to other car brand that better don't anyhow spread fake news

Talking abt good fc. They always accuse Korea cars or mazda is a drinker, while they still don't know other car maker already catch up or have better fc than their thaiyota

High resale. Maybe those who bought their altis at 120k couple of yrs ago can check how much the dealer r willing to take back.

Be more humble n don't be so cocky

They can't accept facts. I post screen shots of the bad reviews on altis, they start to bash me n claim those r fake acc.

Imagine those altis owners want to share their negative reviews also scare la

I know you hurt!

別耿耿于怀。。。Lol....

• Praise 2

Like myself.

Changed Subaru legacy to Merc C. Got criticised. Have high maintenance parts and repair cost la, reliability la... Some even suggest my boss won't be happy with me ð

After driving 7 years. None of that sort.

The Merc...even engine oil change interval is longer at 15k compared to the Subaru 10k

Then changed to Jag.

Tio again. This one new.. see how...so far 50k already. No issue at all other than mounting change and nothing else.

Suspension and brakes still holding up good.

And oci this car is even longer at 34k

A colleague's xf drive until scrap. Didn't have any electronic issue that we heard from outside.

He went on to buy xj after deciding not to extend coe.

Anyway, bottom line, yes, oneself can afford and happy can already.

The owners that kpkb probably gotten themselves lemons or just simply hearsay

Agree. What I see is there are only 1 or 2 minority individuals who could only afford a cheapest kimchi car and very jealous about others who could afford better cars, keep coming back to MCF to kpkb lah.

I am still holding on to an old altis and an old e class, both are in good shape too. in fact the altis is my son's schools bus, he just drive it to NTU and he does not even care about the car. I will send it fir service when it is due or at times overdue.

My immediate neighbour has a S class, a X3, a Kia , when we talk he also never complain about any of his cars has problem. I am sure he could afford to buy most of the cars he likes but why not the cheapest cars or why not the so call most reliable cars, it boils down to individual preference and affordability. Bottomed line is Just drive and be happy, why go criticize others for buying more expensive car when ownself could not afford. Fact is there are so many people buying Kia and Hyundai, they make a good decision and they are happy too , no ill feeling towards others who have bought more expensive cars then theirs. Why care about what other people are buying ? It is like I stay in a 3 rm flat and go condamn everyone else stupid go buy condo which is more expensive , does this sound familiar. Haha. Peace !

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 9

Like myself.

Changed Subaru legacy to Merc C. Got criticised. Have high maintenance parts and repair cost la, reliability la... Some even suggest my boss won't be happy with me ð

After driving 7 years. None of that sort.

The Merc...even engine oil change interval is longer at 15k compared to the Subaru 10k

Then changed to Jag.

Tio again. This one new.. see how...so far 50k already. No issue at all other than mounting change and nothing else.

Suspension and brakes still holding up good.

And oci this car is even longer at 34k

A colleague's xf drive until scrap. Didn't have any electronic issue that we heard from outside.

He went on to buy xj after deciding not to extend coe.

Anyway, bottom line, yes, oneself can afford and happy can already.

The owners that kpkb probably gotten themselves lemons or just simply hearsay

Usually those who kpkb r those who nv even tried that brand. They have selective belief on things they like to believe.

Like those few myths abt toyota cars which their fan boys tried so hard to brainwash others. I have to find evidences to expose it

I know you hurt!

å¥è¿è¿äºæãããLol....

I just buatahan how they twist facts n tell lies. Whatever they want to claim, they better come out with evidences to back it up.

Sienta still made in Indonesia if buy from Borneo motors

2.4 of course have better acceleration n torque than a 1500 or 1600cc car . But then road tax is about 1600 plus per year. Worth It? Yes if you can afford it.

The previous vios also made in Indonesia n was priced higher than altis

It does not affect Toyota sales in Singapore in any way. Afterall the cars are made in Thailand

Airbag problem affect many brands, not just Toyota, so it equalized. Next point please .
  • Praise 1

Car buying in Singapore is really exciting. Its a headache between personal values and the urge to splurge.

Elmo fellow got it on the head. Plus one.

Its where we go that matters if you are someone that travels up and down the social strata of parking lots, an xf or porker may not exactly be a wise choice. Dent until call father and look really shabby when natty is needed.

Personally i have no problem with a beat up car in an upscale neighborhood but what would the neighbors say? How the neighbors react may be important to some of us.

As automobile enthuaists we are passionate to a fault.

Toyota marque is valuable. Its those handling it that can make it not so valuable.

If you notice they have Japanese auditors at the AD. Makes you think doesnt it?

The japanese challenged the continental brands. They even got Paul Newman to give praise. If you value the public relations skillset that the Koreans are not or rather employing by NOT challenging the us and europeans....

AM dua liap as Mock would say. I mean it does encourage us humans to believe that if 'superior' groups chop and stamp sure steady one.

All the back and forth is because of human behaviour rather than corporate strategy or rather the application of manipulation of human behaviour by corporate old hands. Old hands from leading battle.

The korean old hands in battle have not as successful as the Japanese of late as in the last century.

I mean Mitsubishi built fighter planes that kicked the USaf clear across the pacific. The evolution...

There are also local considerations as well. Ten year cycle and all that.

By undertaking a brand, especially ones that are seriously at risk of complete nuclear annihilation, it is obvious to everyman that those brands are not going to be hardy cucarachas.

Convenience, Price and Utility. CPU mark one.

What are the Koreans doing wrong that Toyota is doing correctly?

I can get the RAV4 easily but i am not....why?

Why not the Tucson?

I am in Singapore thats why.

• Praise 3

There seems to be an attempt to thwart the main discussion here.

Can we keep focus on this thread?

What are your thoughts ?

I have shown you very clearly Toyota agent did not mark up higher, in fact they make less as compare to Avante. But whether they or their buyers think Toyota is reliable is subjective and depending on individual. However, by seeing the number of COE altis on the road would be able to conclude the popular belief.

About value for money, how to explain why some others think paying more than 200k for a merc or a BMW is value for money. If everyone think like some narrow minded in this thread, how are merc or BM able to sell their cars like hot cake ? The key is depepending on ones financial wealth and spending ability. The richer a person is, chances is the more likely he would think expensive stuff are value for money in most cases, though not all the time. Or at least , they can afford quality stuff without buying brands or products that they are doubtful about. And just in case we are not aware, a lot of richer who can afford, they dont really worry about some repair or hic up, after all they have confident in their own pocket, priority is they want to be seen unique, they want something that reflect their character and life style, enjoy what they like to enjoy. Simi reliability and value for money ? Simi altis or kimchi ?

Contrarily, only some minority who could not afford , buy a cheaper car but have no self confidence, keep coming to MCF attempting to influence others or try to get buy in to boost their own confidence.

Next, everyone must buy most reliable car or buy value for money ?traffic police drive BMw 3 series, tax payers money, how ?

This is my thought lah.

You open a thread and leave so many people talking here, at least express your thoughts.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

I think it depends on the varying models, but when I checked out the vios some time ago I didn't like the interior as I felt the use alot of plastics and the finishing in some areas still has sharp edges. The Altis was better but also felt interior was not what I personally would go for.

The last Toyota I checked out was the Toyota CHR, finishing and stuff were great (just wasn't a fan of the smaller back windows), but the price was quite steep at 125k+, in the end we opted for a Honda HRV for about 107k 

To me reliability Honda and Toyota is pretty much the same but not sure why the huge difference between HRV and CHR pricing, possibly because the latter was just launched and didnt have the PHV effect. 

Personally I opt for Honda cause engine power, interior and price point.

Many people say Toyota no longer offers value for money cars in Singapore. Its expensive, not worth it, old fashion specs etc

For the money you are paying to buy a Vios with drums brakes, no leather seats, manual aircon, missing DRL, you might as well buy a Korean car. It has better trim level and is much cheaper.

In my view the reason why the local agent priced it higher is because the brand is associated with reliability. You may hear people saying Korean cars are just as reliable but the Kia and Hyundai are still one notch below Toyota. Their selling point  is they offer better interior design, more features such as wireless HP charging, rear aircon.

However not everyone is impressed with these type of stuff. The more stuff the car has, the higher the chances of it breaking down and electronic stuff is usually 1 yr warranty only.

What are your views?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5