• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic | 215 praises

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not really a continuous uninterrupted trail. MAny junction to cross.   I am sure PMD riders will cheer to this.  [laugh]

https://www.straitst...-trail-launched

Coast-to-Coast Trail launched  

ST_20190331_XTRAIL_4736299.jpg?itok=Ru5ZMinister for National Development Lawrence Wong (in red) at Rower's Bay, where he opened a new park yesterday.ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
PUBLISHED

MAR 31, 2019, 5:00 AM SGT

Path stretches from Jurong Lake Gardens in west to Coney Island Park in north-east  

The 36km Coast-to-Coast Trail, which stretches from Jurong Lake Gardens in the west to Coney Island Park in the north-east, was launched yesterday, linking parks such as Bukit Batok Nature Park, Botanic Gardens and MacRitchie Reservoir in one continuous route.

A park at Rower's Bay in Lower Seletar Reservoir was also launched, forming part of the first 60km phase to be completed for the 150km Round Island Route park connector, which will be finished by 2035.

And by the end of this year, a new 1.5km park connector next to Rower's Bay will be completed, with the rest of the loop around Lower Seletar Reservoir progressively planned and finished in the future, said the National Parks Board at the launch at Rower's Bay.

More sections of the Round Island Route will be completed in the next few years.

By next year, Seletar Aerospace and Sengkang Riverside parks will be connected, and the public will be able to enjoy a 60km route between Rower's Bay and Gardens by the Bay, via Sengkang, Punggol, Pasir Ris, Changi and East Coast Park.

By 2021, another 60km of paths between Gardens by the Bay and Rower's Bay, part of which runs along the Rail Corridor, will be connected, making a loop of 120km.

At the launch, Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong said that the Park Connector Network has grown over the years to over 300km. It will be increased to 400km by 2030.

GREEN CORRIDORS

Designing and developing these park connectors is a serious matter. We do it in a way that's deliberate and systematic because the park connectors also serve as green corridors and ecological links to protect our natural diversity.

MINISTER FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT LAWRENCE WONG

"Designing and developing these park connectors is a serious matter," he said.

"We do it in a way that's deliberate and systematic because the park connectors also serve as green corridors and ecological links to protect our natural diversity."

The Coast-to-Coast Trail connects parks and nature areas through footpaths in several areas, but these will progressively be replaced by park connectors.

An app for the trail, the NParks Coast-to-Coast app provides information on native flora and fauna through augmented reality 3D-animated characters.

Users can also rack up points for rewards such as food and beverage vouchers by, for example, uploading photographs they took of the trail to share their experiences.

colin-f3-30.jpg

Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong (second from right) at Rower's Bay on March 30, 2019. ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

The app was developed by information technology firm Revez Motion and can be downloaded from Google Play and the Apple App Store.

A 36-hour Coast-to-Coast Trail Challenge also kicked off yesterday at noon and will end at 11.59pm today. Participants who collect 1,600 points in the app, complete in-app challenges, and upload photos of themselves at all 10 checkpoints in the trail will be eligible for a lucky draw to win either an iPhone XS 64GB or a Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB.

As for Rower's Bay, it now boasts a boardwalk, swales, wetlands and amenities such as shelters, a bicycle repair station and toilets.

The wetlands around the boardwalk are planted with species that provide food and shelter for native wildlife found in the area, such as the grey heron and copper-cheeked frog.

st_20190331_xnewjen8_4736591.png

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Sunday Times on March 31, 2019, with the headline 'Coast-to-Coast 

Blueray, Tohto, Mustank, Lala81, Adrianli, Carbon82, RH1667 and 2 other members praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It looks like Rower's Bay is at the Seletar side of Yishun Dam. I didn't know they had built a  board walk. Must jog there to see one day.

You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hopefully they can build the link across the Yishun dam
Now must lift up bike across barrier
Tianmo, Lala81 and Ender praised this

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to have continuous uninterrupted trail, surely many junction to cross de. But at least people can have a trail to walk from one end to the other end of the island.

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Technically, without this already can walk from jurong to punggol wat

Is more than half the 'trail' on extg pavements?

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

It looks like Rower's Bay is at the Seletar side of Yishun Dam. I didn't know they had built a board walk. Must jog there to see one day.

This one quite interesting.. many golfers or rather many members of nearby Golf club kbkb curse this works coz it made their club less exclusive

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya. I was there when they launch this. They brought in bus loads of aunties and uncles to this ulu part of the reservoir.

I hope not too many ppl come and disturb me while i run my r/c boats.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If the place is ulu, should not be too many people go there de.

Inlinefour praised this
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:02 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh, bus loads from PA? Did they get free chicken rice for lunch? [laugh]

Ya. I was there when they launch this. They brought in bus loads of aunties and uncles to this ulu part of the reservoir.

I hope not too many ppl come and disturb me while i run my r/c boats.

Turboguy praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh, bus loads from PA? Did they get free chicken rice for lunch? [laugh]

Not sure from where and not sure what was offered. Did not attend the event. But hearsay from the cleaners loud lan MP visiting. I was chatting with them that they usually come in lorry, pickup litter and trash bags and left. Why that day so good come sit down beside me and watch me run my boat.

Was tulan that they blocked off the old Seletar Club Road section there and i had to park further down and walked all the way to my site. Thus carry my boat and bag till there.

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went over and have a look at the place. Great that there is a toilet there now.

20190406_090311.jpg

20190406_090353.jpg

20190406_090519.jpg

20190406_090547.jpg

20190406_090604.jpg

20190406_090757.jpg

Lala81, Scion, Mustank and Tianmo praised this

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

And saw this guy caught a huge peacock bass there.

20190406_085144.jpg

However the area that he caught the fish was a non-fishing zone.

20190406_084811.jpg

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Really changed alot. The last time I ran there, saw sampans, some man made wooden jetty or kelong, and wooden huts, which I believe are someone's home.

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Really changed alot. The last time I ran there, saw sampans, some man made wooden jetty or kelong, and wooden huts, which I believe are someone's home.

Its still there. Over the other side of the dam.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:40 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From the CNA video, the trail is interrupted with junctions and not all are PCN. They are using existing foot path as part of the trail. 

School holidays will do one run across the trail with the apps.

Mustank praised this

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

From the CNA video, the trail is interrupted with junctions and not all are PCN. They are using existing foot path as part of the trail.

It will be done progressively as extracted from Straits Times article.

The Coast-to-Coast Trail connects parks and nature areas through footpaths at several areas, but these will progressively be replaced by park connectors.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wow... from Coney Island walk to Jurong Lake Garden?

ok, put inside bucket list first :D

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

attachicon.gif20190406_090311.jpg

attachicon.gif20190406_090353.jpg

attachicon.gif20190406_090519.jpg

attachicon.gif20190406_090547.jpg

attachicon.gif20190406_090604.jpg

attachicon.gif20190406_090757.jpg

Most important... got free parking bo?

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Most important... got free parking bo?

Have. Along Seletar Club Road.

But be careful when you park there cos this will happen : https://www.mycarfor...atch/?p=6607084

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

Neopcn07
  • Premium member
    Neopcn07
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Dose it have clear signs along the route to show the direction?

I intend to cycle from Corney Island to Jurong lake (reverse direction).

Thanks.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: coast-to-coast, pcn, park and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users