Coast-to-Coast Trail

Ender

From the CNA video, the trail is interrupted with junctions and not all are PCN. They are using existing foot path as part of the trail. 

School holidays will do one run across the trail with the apps.

Hi,

Dose it have clear signs along the route to show the direction?

I intend to cycle from Corney Island to Jurong lake (reverse direction).

Thanks.

Turbocharged

Hi,

Dose it have clear signs along the route to show the direction?

I intend to cycle from Corney Island to Jurong lake (reverse direction).

Thanks.

download the nparks coast to coast app 

Did part of the C2C this morning...bukit batok nature park and jurong lake which is one end of the trail. Lakeside mrt is just across it. The route is well marked, besides checkpoints also info on toilet and makan. Save for a few traffic junctions and overhead bridges, I enjoyed the run and will explore other parts progressively.

Last week ran along bukit timah road which is also part of the trail. I ended with a detour to have breakfast at empress road.

But the app is user unfriendly...navigation is confusing for me. Once you hit the trail, ditch the app.

post-210087-0-94021600-1559968421_thumb.png

post-210087-0-62022200-1559968934_thumb.jpg

post-210087-0-60963900-1559969020_thumb.jpg

• Praise 12

Another exploratory run on another part of C2C. Weather was pretty good at the start, but it rained when I hit Marymount and sunny along AMK Ave 5.

Best portion is a short stretch after Adam road fc. Surface is what you find in nature trails. Too many major intersections along Marymount road.

Tyre punchek at AMK linear park, fuel tank empty at YCK/ AMK Ave 5. Longest I ran this year though. Took bus 70 to YCK mrt, changed, and refuel at NTWU canteen, since it is the nearest.

post-210087-0-60292200-1562651524_thumb.jpeg

post-210087-0-04165100-1562651543_thumb.jpeg

post-210087-0-39628200-1562651560_thumb.jpeg

post-210087-0-34298100-1562651577_thumb.png

• Praise 7

New running route to explore in the future. Suppose to promise continuous travel from Jurong Lake-> Botanic Garden-> Garden By the Bay. Unlike the broken trail of the Coast To coast.

Construction starts in 2021. No sign of completion date.  Hope won't be too old to be able to run it when it completes. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-green-corridor-to-connect-singapores-three-national-gardens
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nature-heritage-groups-back-green-corridor-plan
st_20190901_tfrail01a_5085141.jpg

• Praise 3

On 9/1/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ender said:

New running route to explore in the future. Suppose to promise continuous travel from Jurong Lake-> Botanic Garden-> Garden By the Bay. Unlike the broken trail of the Coast To coast.

Construction starts in 2021. No sign of completion date.  Hope won't be too old to be able to run it when it completes. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-green-corridor-to-connect-singapores-three-national-gardens
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nature-heritage-groups-back-green-corridor-plan
st_20190901_tfrail01a_5085141.jpg

everything looks good until the weather comes in ...

super duper hot that not many will utilise it except die hard fans

leisure use is definitely extremely low take up rate

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Her channel has some interesting video

These foreigners staying in Singapore doing youtube, do have interesting vidoe. Like that Ghib Orbison.

• Praise 1

On 7/9/2019 at 1:53 PM, TangoCharlie said:
Spoiler

Another exploratory run on another part of C2C. Weather was pretty good at the start, but it rained when I hit Marymount and sunny along AMK Ave 5.

Best portion is a short stretch after Adam road fc. Surface is what you find in nature trails. Too many major intersections along Marymount road.

Tyre punchek at AMK linear park, fuel tank empty at YCK/ AMK Ave 5. Longest I ran this year though. Took bus 70 to YCK mrt, changed, and refuel at NTWU canteen, since it is the nearest.

At this intersection, there is a commercial building with a canteen under it. There is a excellent char siew, roast meat stall, Sally Roast meat.. The free soup is very shiok, always asked for 2nd helping when I worked around that area many year back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2