COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2019

Carbon82

As a user/customer (ie. rider), one can choose the type of car meh?

When you see an old Toyota vios, I will cancel the ride. Keke
↡ Advertisement

When you see an old Toyota vios, I will cancel the ride. Keke

you are not the only one that does that, certain car models, 90% strike rate is COE / very old model 

likewise certain models you know is less than 3-4 years old type ...

i ever got Audi A3 ever (non premium) ... one of the best Uber rides ...the driver is super nice & friendly ! kept talking about cars, etc 

ps: that A3 is not his own car ...

As a user/customer (ie. rider), one can choose the type of car meh?

At least will give go-jek a try next time..
  • Praise 1

sorry havent been following COE.  Whats GOJEK doing?

buying car and expanding it's fleet..

Brought 1000 Opel recently

Anyone challenging themselves to save the full amount of the COE before taking on the car loan? Remember, new car is liability.

Not saying "don't buy new car" but have the discipline to set a savings target for yourself.

Anyone care to share the feeling of freedom when reduce car loan debt? If you paid in full for a car, do you feel less hot tempered and anxious and kiasu on the road? No car debt can help you grow towards a becoming a more gracious person.

Learning self-discipline in savings and budgeting is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 4

Turbocharged

One quick question.

I was trying to renew 10 year PQP just now.  The website listed Citibank as one of the banks which I can make payment through direct debit.

But when it comes to the eNETS page, the transaction gets halted and it says the limit has been reached.

I called up CITIbank and they told me eNETS has a cap of $5,000 set by the merchant and not by the bank, and they can't  raise it.  Is it true?

How do you folks pay COE by CITIbank account?  Many thanks, trying to catch the last boat of $35,000.

Supercharged

Spoken to a couple of people in the car trade . The view is that the last 2-3 big increases is caused by ADs expecting an at least 20% cut on the COE quota thus they wanted to clear their back log by securing those open cat COE .

Most of these back log orders should be cleared and coupled by the smaller than expected cut on the quota , dun think the COE will continue to have big increases .

• Praise 6

One quick question.

I was trying to renew 10 year PQP just now. The website listed Citibank as one of the banks which I can make payment through direct debit.

But when it comes to the eNETS page, the transaction gets halted and it says the limit has been reached.

I called up CITIbank and they told me eNETS has a cap of $5,000 set by the merchant and not by the bank, and they can't raise it. Is it true?

How do you folks pay COE by CITIbank account? Many thanks, trying to catch the last boat of $35,000.

There is a transaction limit for online banking.

Look for the pop out window to find out exactly which limit did not pass.

You need to go to your bank website to increase it before the renewal.

It takes about 10-15 min for one.motoring website to reset your log in server information after you log out.

• Praise 2

Spoken to a couple of people in the car trade . The view is that the last 2-3 big increases is caused by ADs expecting an at least 20% cut on the COE quota thus they wanted to clear their back log by securing those open cat COE .

Most of these back log orders should be cleared and coupled by the smaller than expected cut on the quota , dun think the COE will continue to have big increases .

What is your latest toy? Horse or bull now? Lol

Except you didn't factor this in.

All major ADs, Toyota, Honda, hyundai, kia all prices increase by around $10k since the lowest point in late Jan.

Cat A quota reduced by 13.7%

To those giving anonymous Dislikes, I apologise if I have violated any forum guidelines.

But let's discuss like educated grownups with a tolerance and respect for viewpoints of others, please.

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

One quick question.

I was trying to renew 10 year PQP just now. The website listed Citibank as one of the banks which I can make payment through direct debit.

I called up CITIbank and they told me eNETS has a cap of $5,000 set by the merchant and not by the bank, and they can't raise it. Is it true?

How do you folks pay COE by CITIbank account? Many thanks, trying to catch the last boat of $35,000.

Managed to renew COE online just now. Have the following points to share in case you are doing the same:

1. Don't waste time trying to renew using the CITIbank option in the bank list. No matter how I raise the transaction limit, the maximum it can allow is only $10,000 (as of today 21April 2019). This is ridiculous and should not even be in the bank list - what are the chances of COE price being below $10k?). Called up Citibank and they said it is decided by the merchant and they can't do anything.

On the other hand, DBS and other banks allow limits to be set up to $100,000.

Ended up I transferred $35k from Citibank to DBS through FAST, and then paid on the onemotoring website through DBS d2pay.

2. The transaction is through DBS d2 pay. Remember you need to raise the limit specifically for d2pay, not the other types of transfer.

3. install DBS mobile token app on your smart phone as they require you to "tap" for authentication.

4. Enable pop-up option for the time-being, do not block the pop-up when they called up the DBS payment page.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 4

Same decision. Forfeit 6mths of current coe worth about $1k.

Pqp going up due to
A. 13.7%% cut in quota of cat A and 0% growth rate

B. The average formula means the low 25k in feb will be drop off n the latest 2 surge prices in apr will be in calculation going forward.

C. Cat A will catch up with cat B which is very high now. Pple who cannot reach cat B will chiong cat A

D. Pple topping up for new car give dealer margin to bid

E. If u win the bet by renewing early.. u lose only $1k.. if u lose the bet. The loss can go up to $50k n beyond. So calculated risk approach

F. Panic buying from those staying on sideline.

G. Even the next few coe remain $30+ k , pqp will still go up due to average formula. No more $26k for me. Bet $1k to win at least $4k with 95% chance of winning. No brainer
Also, even if use may pqp next month, still a $1.7k more than renew in apr. Y shd i give govt $1.7k more for nothing. Use the money to replace wear and tear parts better

H. Even if it go down, it will not go down a lot. Still strong demands from pple like gojek. Sg economy and world economy no signs of recession in next 6 months

I. More are choosing to extend the car life, the number of COE going forward will be lesser and pushed up the price further

• Praise 7

Supercharged

What is your latest toy? Horse or bull now? Lol

Yo Benny , changed the FF to a Lusso while waiting for the F8 to replace the 488 .. never been keen on any bull .

What’s the craze about those ceramic coatings these days ? Really good or just some snake oil again ?