COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2019

Carbon82

Turbocharged

You guys think is it Possible to hit 50k for cat A by this year?

within these few months should hit already. lower quotas + private hire + panic buying + this weekend car show

↡ Advertisement

Two years ago it was 50k but no VES.

Can examine from the past COE trend but today situation feels much like 2011.

Uptrend expected although may slow down increase a little.

within these few months should hit already. lower quotas + private hire + panic buying + this weekend car show

You are correct, the panic is also causing many more people to renew their COE EARLIER. The amount of monthly COE revaluation can consume up to easily 30% or more of the COE for recycle, meaning the COE reduction will be significant moving forward. The viscious cycle will bring us into a phase self fulfilling prophecy. And I admit I am one of the culprits. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

You are correct, the panic is also causing many more people to renew their COE EARLIER. The amount of monthly COE revaluation can consume up to easily 30% or more of the COE for recycle, meaning the COE reduction will be significant moving forward. The viscious cycle will bring us into a phase self fulfilling prophecy. And I admit I am one of the culprits.

I agree on the vicious cycle part, meaning rising COE prices leading to more people revalidating their COE and reducing the COE supply, resulting in even higher COE prices. 

Maybe LTA should provide real time car de-registration and COE re-validation figures, instead of just monthly.   

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'd say it's a given.

So if your car is due to be scrapped within the next 12 mths, it's wiser to commit now.

I expect prices for Toyota Altis to hit $110K for the lowest end standard model.

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged

I agree on the vicious cycle part, meaning rising COE prices leading to more people revalidating their COE and reducing the COE supply, resulting in even higher COE prices.

Maybe LTA should provide real time car de-registration and COE re-validation figures, instead of just monthly.

In fact I'm expecting this mid year June to Nov to be the lowest, but recent entry of new PHV disrupt it again.

Supercharged

I bought in end 2016 and it was 50k. So fast 3 years only and it's reaching 50k again?

• Praise 1

In fact I'm expecting this mid year June to Nov to be the lowest, but recent entry of new PHV disrupt it again.

Maybe the PHV also think so and decide to act sooner than later as they need a lot of COEs.
  • Praise 1

what i'm trying to say is that COE charts does follow the technical analysis very closely ... 

whether you believe it or not is to you ( other MCF ), those who know TA and seen the COE chart movements will full agree with me ....

yes, the COE auction market is very kelong and AD (PI) does control it to a certain extent ... but when u see the technical resistance / support ... it all makes sense  .... 

Sorry for the off-topic, but need to save you from fakers. So please, no offence intended.

The moving averages are lagging indicators. They are meaningless without exercising candlestick signals and triggers. No signals+triggers means no meaningful, higher-probability turning points expected/predicted.

And then there is the requirement to compare signals+triggers on the moving averages across higher and lower time frames...

If you are truly sold on technical analysis, go learn it well and apply to investments and trading, not COE. Use TA to earn money, save more money, before committing to car loan debt.

The discipline to learn a useful new skill means choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

• Praise 1

Dividend stock equats playing stock market, there is risk. Those too rich will not bother about this small change, those who have just enough will focus on other low risk investment. So, loan or no loan doesn't matter, the main question is do you have enough emergency funds to tide through any urgent situation even after deducting car repayment.

Blue-chip dividend-paying stocks entered at the lows have potential for capital gains and dividend payments. Plus are liquid.

If you are in your late 20s or 30s, learn to save and invest before taking on car loan debt.

In your life, experience the shiok feeling of being debt-free and not having to "beg" for a car loan from the salesman. Car dealer treat you differently if you need only small, short-term loan or no loan at all. You will also be able to make clearer decisions. No weight on your shoulders. More gracious on the road too.

I bought in end 2016 and it was 50k. So fast 3 years only and it's reaching 50k again?

same here got my car in sept 2017 @ 46k cat a but the car i bought had a profit margin of only 8k then by the dealer. 

then again, the spike is caused by gojek and not retail demand. once gojek goes bust, its yolo time again just like how uber abandoned lcr.

dealers already report that the despite the previously low coe, there wasn't much retail demand and now coe is chionging, its all due to gojek and not retail buyers.  

• Praise 1

I'd say it's a given.

So if your car is due to be scrapped within the next 12 mths, it's wiser to commit now.

I expect prices for Toyota Altis to hit $110K for the lowest end standard model.

Better worry your job than COE.

High growth is history.

Twincharged

Blue-chip dividend-paying stocks entered at the lows have potential for capital gains and dividend payments. Plus are liquid.

If you are in your late 20s or 30s, learn to save and invest before taking on car loan debt.

In your life, experience the shiok feeling of being debt-free and not having to "beg" for a car loan from the salesman. Car dealer treat you differently if you need only small, short-term loan or no loan at all. You will also be able to make clearer decisions. No weight on your shoulders. More gracious on the road too.

life is short. buy what you desire. cause you never know when you can be gone.

this one looks like a steal.....

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=799020&DL=2010

Edited by Mkl22

Personally, I think it may exceed $50k end of the year. Because the drop is almost half.

Turbocharged

Personally, I think it may exceed $50k end of the year. Because the drop is almost half.

Plus the ultra high number of COE renewals in April 

• Praise 1

life is short. buy what you desire. cause you never know when you can be gone.

this one looks like a steal.....

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=799020&DL=2010

If you are single, orphaned or both parents passed on, no siblings, cut all relatives and grandparents ties, then go ahead to purchase (or take loan) for that liability which you think will bring you status and prestige.

But daily life and lifestyle, comes with responsibilities in the real world.

Although if you know wealthy people, and people who can own that brand and model of car, most likely they do have great savings habit and strong investment abilities. If you think they are just lucky and win 4D, that is highly unlikely.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 2