COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2019

Carbon82

People with existing old car can still go renew the PQP coe rates. Last chance for low coe Liao

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hybrid by gojek is Cat. B.. Not sure what is driving up demand for Cat. A, lets see what newspaper will report..

Difference too wide now, next bidding there will he rush for cat-A, also quota cut will be announced in Apr. 33k for cat-A next bidding! Whoever got their cat-A coe this time, congrats!!
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

waaaaaaaaaaa hahahaha Huat arh ........ up up and away .....  :XD:

Wow wow wow - breathless now.

Buy Cat E paper better than buying Lolex of late.

Very fast and profitable ...huat ahhhhhhhh. lol

[N.B - of course not everyone will be happy or agree esp die-hard lolex fans]

:D 

• Praise 2

Wow wow wow - breathless now.

Buy Cat E paper better than buying Lolex of late.

Very fast and profitable ...huat ahhhhhhhh. lol

[N.B - of course not everyone will be happy or agree esp die-hard lolex fans]

:D 

now buy Cat E sure huat ..........  I wish it go up high high , so that i can sell my car  [grin]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Difference too wide now, next bidding there will he rush for cat-A, also quota cut will be announced in Apr. 33k for cat-A next bidding! Whoever got their cat-A coe this time, congrats!!

I believe those waiting at the side lines for some time might panic, will go and lock in these two weeks before the next bidding.  [laugh]

Edited by Dafansu

I believe those waiting at the side lines for some time might panic, will go and lock in these two weeks before the next bidding. [laugh]

Confirmed lah. Cos everyone was like chey. Coe jumped a few hundreds.. Now jumped $2500 Mai tu liao. Boat leaving.

When there is new model launch such as 3 series, the likely trend would be a increase

Else plunged would be when everyone focus on property..

Supersonic

Good for those people who managed to get a ride during the period when coe dropped to around $25k and below.

Confirmed lah. Cos everyone was like chey. Coe jumped a few hundreds.. Now jumped $2500 Mai tu liao. Boat leaving.

suddenly many ppl may call in to top up to G bid.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Gojek, Uber and Grab never learnt the lesson from one another.

Came in to jack up the COE price afew years back, ended up can't sustain the business and had to cough out their cars into the market.

Amazing bids this round as I didn't expect so strong a rebound.

Good for those who secured their COE and those who have not under non-guaranteed COE better pray hard.

It looks like Cat A is heading for $30k+ and Cat B $50k+ very soon.

2nd half of 2018 was the period to buy a car. The next best period will be 10 years later.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Gojek, Uber and Grab never learnt the lesson from one another.

Came in to jack up the COE price afew years back, ended up can't sustain the business and had to cough out their cars into the market.

The crawling up of coe is due to private hire companies ah?

COE prices close higher across the board

Zhaki Abdullah

SINGAPORE - Certificate of entitlement (COE) premiums continued their upward trend, with prices rising across the board when the first round of bidding for April closed on Wednesday (April 3).

The highest increase was seen in the open category, where the COE price jumped 17.5 per cent to $48,209, compared with $41,000 previously. The open category can be used for any vehicle type except motorcycles, but is mostly used for bigger cars.

Yong Lee Seng Motor managing director Raymond Tang said the spike could be due to motor dealers rushing to bid for vehicles ahead of an expected smaller supply of COEs during the May to July period compared to the previous three months.

Meanwhile, both categories of cars saw increases of about 9.4 per cent.

For larger cars, which are above 1,600cc or 130bhp, the COE price increased from $39,401 to $43,102.

For smaller cars, up to 1,600cc and 130bhp, the COE closed at $29,159, up from $26,659 two weeks ago.

The significantly higher COE prices for larger cars in recent bidding rounds could be driving consumers to choose smaller cars, said Mr Neo Nam Heng, chairman of diversified motor group Prime, noting the difference of almost $14,000 between the two categories.

In turn, the greater demand is driving the COE price for smaller cars up, a trend he believes will continue for the foreseeable future.

"There is still room for the price to go up," said Mr Neo.

The COE premium for commercial vehicles closed at $27,589, up slightly from the $27,021 in the last round of bidding.

Motorcycle COEs inched up slightly, closing at $3,501, an increase of just $32 from $3,469 previously.

Turbocharged

Amazing bids this round as I didn't expect so strong a rebound.

Good for those who secured their COE and those who have not under non-guaranteed COE better pray hard.

It looks like Cat A is heading for $30k+ and Cat B $50k+ very soon.

2nd half of 2018 was the period to buy a car. The next best period will be 10 years later.

Last week my SE friend told me that those customers who bought on non-guaranteed (NG) Coe basis sometime back (because there a a $2K discount for NG) was asked to top up another $5K for Cat B b4 this Wednesday 3 April Coe bidding exercise.

Now with this jump of Cat A, B and esp Cat E, I am sure NG buyers will be in for a rough time.

Good luck for those affected. Meanwhile have a safe ride.

[drivingcar]

• Praise 1

(edited)

new cars prices will be adjusted upwards easily 5k and above

Cat A alone already increase 2.7k

Cat B will be much more

Edited by aprilfool22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1