COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2019

Carbon82

So far reading above comments it seems “Panic Buy” is all set for next few rounds followed by reduction in quote. LTA, dealers , bank all happy as they love the high coe environment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dealers will now encourge new buyers to pay more for guaranteed coe, those existing buyers to topup coe, and quota cut ... not surprised next cat-A coe can shoot up by 5k!

• Praise 1

Dealers will now encourge new buyers to pay more for guaranteed coe, those existing buyers to topup coe, and quota cut ... not surprised next cat-A coe can shoot up by 5k!

How does 2k guarantee coe help dealer to earn more if Coe keeps increasing 5k? When Demand > supply, u will not see first bid get COE at all in the forum.
  • Praise 1

So far reading above comments it seems âPanic Buyâ is all set for next few rounds followed by reduction in quote. LTA, dealers , bank all happy as they love the high coe environment.

They actually hate it. Sales will reduce and they can only charge each buyer more.

So far reading above comments it seems âPanic Buyâ is all set for next few rounds followed by reduction in quote. LTA, dealers , bank all happy as they love the high coe environment.

There is also panic COE renewal. I'm one of them.

COE drop showrooms are crowded, COE up showrooms also crowded with panic buyers. So dealers are right, anytime is a good time to buy. Haha..

• Praise 1

there is never a best time to enter the market, one can only guess and speculate based on historical data

When the COE is coming down some folks will wait and hope it drops further

When its going up, some will panic and enter before it goes up further

Those always waiting on the sideline….

well, will always wait

Its almost exactly like buying shares, almost.....

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My friend has received  a call from his SE asking him to top up $2K for his non-guaranteed COE. It’s a Japanese make.

The SE told him COE is expected to rise further at the next bid, and he is unlikely to secure his COE with this uptrend for the next quarter (reduced quota).

Anybody who booked under non guaranteed COE requested to top up?

• Praise 1

i believe before every round of coe bidding

there shd be an "informal" meeting for ADs... informal if not CCS would come in, but maybe not cos high COE is in the national coffer interests

in the informal meeting, each rep would say how many they need tis round, based on how many orders lah, guaranteed non guaranteed lah, shipment arrived lah blah blah

then some nego happen maybe on quantity for each, and then maybe the bidded price range....

the above is my opinion, not fake news ah....

• Praise 1

there shd be an "informal" meeting for ADs... informal if not CCS would come in, but maybe not cos high COE is in the national coffer interests

in the informal meeting, each rep would say how many they need tis round, based on how many orders lah, guaranteed non guaranteed lah, shipment arrived lah blah blah

then some nego happen maybe on quantity for each, and then maybe the bidded price range....

I had the same feeling.

• Praise 1

PIs more likely..dont recall this for AD's style but PIs not all but some.. will gather together to discuss over coffee just casually and impromptu 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Did anyone realise that the bids always end with 001, 002, 003 etc. That’s the identification of each distributor so they “communicate” who is placing the bids

Anyone who wants to be zng kay will be hunted down by gahmen. Only they can be banker, the rest play with their rules
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1