What is Demo Vs Display Vs Event Vs Management

SGCMHello

Mgmt cars is a real thing. Higher level execs are provided cars for certain periods, then the cars get sold as they get newer models to drive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

visited PPSL when doing car hunting some years back, found the prices there quite acceptable, just have to be second owner, that's all.

the next time round if you go and are keen, make sure you bargain very hard, dont take the quoted price. 

Supercharged
(edited)

Speaking of management car, there is this am working for one of the frenchie coy staying at my blk. Whenever i see him driving, he is speeding up and down the mscp tailgating everyone and trashing the car around. Those who buy the car he drive b4 is really suay.

Edited by Xers007

Speaking of management car, there is this am working for one of the frenchie coy staying at my blk. Whenever i see him driving, he is speeding up and down the mscp tailgating everyone and trashing the car around. Those who buy the car he drive b4 is really suay.

Renault megane RS? :D

Haha wah you pitjiak their lobang. A couple of my colleagues have been replacing their cars regularly using Prime Select as well. Two of them recently just walked away a 530 each. One of them was offered 60k discount from a new 530e list price but he said no 200k no talk. End up he walked away with the asked price.

Is Prime Select = PPSL?

yes sir.

Thanks! I bought from them years back but I didn't know I could have bargained harder!!! Stupid me.

(edited)

Thanks! I bought from them years back but I didn't know I could have bargained harder!!! Stupid me.

by buying from them you have already gotten a good deal even without bargaining. You can bargain down  more if a car is not the most mainstream type or having an "outstanding" color. but even the popular models can be bargained. 

Edited by Ct3833

I think easier to explain this way:

1. Demo units - Kena physically abused by everyone.
2. Display units - Kena touched/molested only.
3. Event units - Kena abused by chauffeurs for a few days.
4. Management units - Kena abused for a few months/year by own people only

5. Have not seen advertisement saying “Test drive units” - Sounds too bad, bo lang ai....

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

There's also these "almost new private registered" cars with ultra low mileage that are actually ex private hire cars with taxi mileage, and a new set of leather seats and steering wheel leather rewrap to camouflage the shiny worn out surface.

Management cars just make it nice sounding only. Like the rest said can be test drive or registered units to clock the number of units the local AD has committed to buy so that they meet the sales targets.

My take is if your cars are selling well , why the need for crap like management units. Event cars la or whatever bulls**t to sell cars. You see toyota and Mercedes advertising management units?

Its to recoup the marketing event cost.

HSBC golf for jag and infinity

Volvo for OCBC cycle

VW for SEW and Global Security event

Mazda for BNP Golf

Mazda for Grab Uber 

BMW for Airshow

Its great to put your brand name in there.

Its also great for people who want a huge discount, in most cases getting a new car at 1.5 year depreciated cost.

Whats not to like.?

Sounds like a prostitute  or bargirl 

3. Event units - Kena abused by chauffeurs for a few days.

5. Have not seen advertisement saying “Test drive units” - Sounds too bad, bo lang ai....

3. Event units - Kena abused by chauffeurs for a few days.

5. Have not seen advertisement saying âTest drive unitsâ - Sounds too bad, bo lang ai....

I rank event car top.

a few days with strict driving route and regulation.

• Praise 1

seems like there is a good business logic for performance motors, ppsl value chain

meet quota

registered for use first, only pay invoice cost, the bulk rest costs like arf and coe...can....recoup from...

sell at ppsl with straight line depreciation

so buyers get good discount comes from margin reduction, ie the margin for AD if buy new damn high

as a group, earn less from ppsl pipeline is better than don earn or loss at all...and sell faster cos got carrying costs...

goat hair grow on goat bodies....

mercedes don do tis cos AD is the principal itself, not cycle n c...so quota wise kaki lang nego...

Sounds like a prostitute or bargirl

3. Event units - Kena abused by chauffeurs for a few days.

5. Have not seen advertisement saying âTest drive unitsâ - Sounds too bad, bo lang ai....

They become your wives with monthly expenses after you buy them!

I've been using Audi On Demand since they launched last year and since i went carless.They've recently refreshed their fleet with 2019 models and i'm sure the first batch of cars have been sold via their pre-owned side.

Was also told that if i'm interested in any of the On Demand cars, they can probably work out some good pricing. One of the guys told me that the S3 sedan i've previously usedwas bought by another On Demand customer.

What are the typical charges for different models?

I've been using Audi On Demand since they launched last year and since i went carless.They've recently refreshed their fleet with 2019 models and i'm sure the first batch of cars have been sold via their pre-owned side.

Was also told that if i'm interested in any of the On Demand cars, they can probably work out some good pricing. One of the guys told me that the S3 sedan i've previously usedwas bought by another On Demand customer.

• Praise 1

TS also missed out one more, Promo cars.

New, unregistered cars but old stock sitting in warehouse, so usually will have a clearance sale to get rid of. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1