What is Demo Vs Display Vs Event Vs Management

SGCMHello

(edited)

the next time round if you go and are keen, make sure you bargain very hard, dont take the quoted price. 

I think what you really are saying is the next time, lowball and not worried about being ill informed or get perceived as a moron.

You only be perceived as a moron for event cars if its bread and butter cars at  $110K and you literally ask for $80K discount off the $110K after reading or filtering part of the information.

The off chance here is the SE get to throw you out the showroom floor into the tarmac outside the main door. thats the tell tale sign you lowball too much.

[laugh]

TS also missed out one more, Promo cars.

New, unregistered cars but old stock sitting in warehouse, so usually will have a clearance sale to get rid of. 

yeah, but sometimes this are for those in the know or invited guess who the SE is familiar with.

Those too good to be missed are sold out within the first hour. Some as quick as within 10 mins because the SE will even folk out the credit card to swipe on the machine before you arrived.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

What are the typical charges for different models?

This one can check their website for pricing cos they have per hour / per day rates (minimum 4 hrs). Agar agar an a3 sedan/sportback is about 160 for 24 hrs. 

• Praise 1

display unit can consider.

the rest better don't touch, u may get a abused car if u are not lucky.

mgt, event or demo cars can be those that being abused during road trips. I was about to consider one of the

mgt unit, but changed my mind after the road trip with them.

good luck.

I think what you really are saying is the next time, lowball and not worried about being ill informed or get perceived as a moron.

You only be perceived as a moron for event cars if its bread and butter cars at  $110K and you literally ask for $80K discount off the $110K after reading or filtering part of the information.

The off chance here is the SE get to throw you out the showroom floor into the tarmac outside the main door. thats the tell tale sign you lowball too much.

[laugh]

yeah, but sometimes this are for those in the know or invited guess who the SE is familiar with.

Those too good to be missed are sold out within the first hour. Some as quick as within 10 mins because the SE will even folk out the credit card to swipe on the machine before you arrived.

boh lah boh lah, i am referring to PPSL management car only ,not any bread car or butter cars which they do not have after all, theirs are ceese car at lease. Those who bought from them would know theycan bargain and wont get thrown out.  They do have event cars for golf or whatever, the thing is likely they will be booked and sold by performance very fast before they get into the hand of PPSL.

Neutral Newbie

Demo,management,display events,whatever units means 'got problem' units and buyers refuse to take the car home. So resourceful sellers will give them fancy colourful names luring unsuspecting buyers like you and me to buy them. Interestingly they are not priced very much cheaper, 3K to 4K lesser only. Better buy a new one.

yeah, my colleauge went in without intention of buying but told himself if its 40K off the price for demo with less then 1K and unregistered, he will buy, so he started with a ridiculous 50k off the prices with the intend of moderating to 40,000, the sales roll eyes, talk to the manager and closed the deal at 48,000 off.

Thats not all, when the coe results came out, he had another windfall of 8K off.

can share which Brand of car and what series ?

thanks

display unit can consider.

the rest better don't touch, u may get a abused car if u are not lucky.

mgt, event or demo cars can be those that being abused during road trips. I was about to consider one of the

mgt unit, but changed my mind after the road trip with them.

good luck.

what makes you think display cars with test plate are not test drive cars?

And in this day and age, there is a switch in the ECU that prevents the car from clocking mileage in the so called delivery mode so its perpetually 20 KM when delivered and only set to actual clocking mode after PDI and factory flashed.

Turbocharged

at the end if price good with warranty it is like buying second hand.. 

just that pple want cheap and good and like first hand.. if got let me know.

I almost got a SIEW Skoda Superb but working out the sum and such my SE (thru his manager) give me a better deal on new car.

anyway they not really New new.. go YouTube see how car handler drive them in ship yard, ship etc

• Praise 1

(edited)

what makes you think display cars with test plate are not test drive cars?

And in this day and age, there is a switch in the ECU that prevents the car from clocking mileage in the so called delivery mode so its perpetually 20 KM when delivered and only set to actual clocking mode after PDI and factory flashed.

are you sure there's such a thing?

Even ecu reflash and mileage shows 0 on the odometer, the true mileage can be seen once plugged in. I somehow doubt manufacturers will dare pull such a stunt and open themselves to lawsuits.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement