Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

Supersonic

Still got one more session on Monday. The steroids were to help with the nausea caused by chemo.

Wt loss? Maybe 2kg but all muscle. Unhealthy diet recently. Need to build up again once I can really work out.

My counts should still be low these few days. Should recover later next week.

Take good care doc. You will be well soon.

Your sharing help to put a face, though its an ugly one, on a process not really known in such a personal manner cos most will not share in much details. Mostly because these do not want to let family members worry and try to mask their pain.

Enjoy life! You have so much to look forward to. And this part of your experience can only make you stronger and more determined to make your life count even more to your loved ones.

Have a restful weekend.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

@roadrunner2029.

Diet? Just normal singaporean diet. But I'm eating more fruit, bread, noodles than I usually do cos it digests better.

Mainly overeating a bit lah considering I don't do anything physical. Can see my belly fat coming up. Also at home whole day, nothing to do, so sure eat more compared to work.

Cos my parents either cook or dabao for me once a day, and they over err on too much food. And to minimise food wastage, eat lor.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Thanks for sharing. Do you observe any particular taboo ? Like some say, avoid red meats, deep fried, grilled .. and some TCM say, avoid chicken. And some pro-vegan say don't eat meat altogether.

Don't really eat seafood (other than fish) but that's cos of my mum.

U know me, I don't believe all these stuff.

Bored at home, so 重口味 for the time being. Haha need to go back to more plain food gradually.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Don't really eat seafood (other than fish) but that's cos of my mum.

U know me, I don't believe all these stuff.

Bored at home, so éå£å³ for the time being. Haha need to go back to more plain food gradually.

Can eat is good but remember to eat more nutritional foods.
  • Praise 3

Still got one more session on Monday. The steroids were to help with the nausea caused by chemo.

Wt loss? Maybe 2kg but all muscle. Unhealthy diet recently. Need to build up again once I can really work out.

The steroids are the one that give crappy side effects...
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Eat well, rest well, recover well.

Exercise and getting rid of the belly fat can wait a few more weeks till you are more ready. All the best.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Eat well, rest well, recover well.

Exercise and getting rid of the belly fat can wait a few more weeks till you are more ready. All the best.

Err yeah. I fell sick after I swam the last cycle. Walked my dog on Fri am. This time round, Since yest feeling somewhat under the weather, 闭关 and just bed rest.

Supersonic

Err yeah. I fell sick after I swam the last cycle. Walked my dog on Fri am. This time round, Since yest feeling somewhat under the weather, 闭关 and just bed rest.

If it is common to feel unwell after certain chemo session, then just rest and rest and rest in bed lo. Let the body adjust and recover itself. I believe you can 出soon to walk your dog.  [;)]

If your disease is advanced and u want to consider palliative treatment, its definitely possible.

Two of the pts in my 4 bedder which I shared one week were essentially palliative pts. They both obviously had cancer. One was young, one was old.

Unfortunately for better or worse, theres no euthanasia here in Sg.

Just going home to die from cancer, its really as shitty as it sounds. U also need a a lot of family support and personal fortitude to undergo the suffering. Ultimately the road is rough either way.

If you could turn back the clock, are there things you wish you have done but didn't do? what do you want to see or experience in your life? etc...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

If you could turn back the clock, are there things you wish you have done but didn't do? what do you want to see or experience in your life? etc...

It's probably good to do at least an annual self reflection on what your priorities are in life and whether u are satisfied with what you are doing.

Turbocharged

Heard relative advise avoid eating Chicken.

In the past got 4 relative have cancer and all kinda recover. Only 1 avoid chicken and the other 3 free rein eat chicken whatever..

3 who ate chicken got relapse and died. The one who completed stop chicken is still alive today.

I don’t know how true but no harm skipping chicken knowing how much antibiotic, growth hormone this poultry has taken in.

Also watch lots of comedy movies and shows. Laughter cures illness.

If you are a Christian, do partake daily in holy communion

Hypersonic

Heard relative advise avoid eating Chicken.

In the past got 4 relative have cancer and all kinda recover. Only 1 avoid chicken and the other 3 free rein eat chicken whatever..

3 who ate chicken got relapse and died. The one who completed stop chicken is still alive today.

I donât know how true but no harm skipping chicken knowing how much antibiotic, growth hormone this poultry has taken in.

Also watch lots of comedy movies and shows. Laughter cures illness.

If you are a Christian, do partake daily in holy communion

Lol. I eat lots of chicken.

I only try not to eat chicken when I'm coughing.

Turbocharged

No harm giving up on chicken.. try substitute with pork and lamb. Children still young. No harm trying

I also heard that when coughing, don’t eat chicken. Don’t know why that’s the case.

Nowadays I only eat chicken when eating chicken wings or chicken rice.. else it’s pork and lamb. No chicken.

Turbocharged

You should consider to make the trip. Maybe convert into a short getaway before treatment starts.

Thanks bro, treatment already started since last Thurs right after they put in the portal cath... so we got to postpone it till a later date...

Take care bro!!! Rest well, think avoid going to crowded places for now.... go reservoir for a walk instead...

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

No harm giving up on chicken.. try substitute with pork and lamb. Children still young. No harm trying

I also heard that when coughing, donât eat chicken. Donât know why thatâs the case.

Nowadays I only eat chicken when eating chicken wings or chicken rice.. else itâs pork and lamb. No chicken.

No evidence.

Dark/Red meat actually more evidence for cancer cos of presence of haem.

This one is clearly associated. Though its just an association.

Whether u believe in hormones or antibiotic etc. Its not like theres no antibiotics in other animal farming.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Thanks bro, treatment already started since last Thurs right after they put in the portal cath... so we got to postpone it till a later date...

Take care bro!!! Rest well, think avoid going to crowded places for now.... go reservoir for a walk instead...

Sweating a lot easily. Minimal activity these few days or else my picc dressing get wet lol. After tomorrow, off picc then can sweat more. And finally can sleep on my left side!

All the best, bro. Long road ahead for this new treatment phase but one day at a time.

• Praise 2

Most farmed products would have them all.  Unless got own farm, only option left would be wild caught fish!
And most "organic" products are bohong too.

No evidence.

Dark/Red meat actually more evidence for cancer cos of presence of haem.
This one is clearly associated. Though its just an association.
Whether u believe in hormones or antibiotic etc. Its not like theres no antibiotics in other animal farming.

↡ Advertisement