Mahathir attending Singapore NDP in August

Raubern

(edited)

Mr Lee also thanked Dr Mahathir for “his warm hospitality” and extended an invitation for him and his wife Dr Siti Hasmah to visit Singapore on Aug 9 for the National Day Parade. The Malaysian leader has accepted the invitation.

We want to show off to him how many RSAF fighter jets that can fly high and fast over his head......... It's a little message to him

Edited by Jusnel

Turbocharged

Nice gesture to improve bilateral relations.

But is Dr M flying in on MH or Air Asia ?

Or using Causeway ?

Firefly lah! Land at Seletar then limo to parade.. maybe he fly his Proton in like ah trump with his Beast
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Nice gesture to improve bilateral relations.

But is Dr M flying in on MH or Air Asia ?

Or using Causeway ?

I recommend he come by his flying car

Worse case, can use as cooling fan for the crowd as we sing majulah

Mr Lee also thanked Dr Mahathir for âhis warm hospitalityâ and extended an invitation for him and his wife Dr Siti Hasmah to visit Singapore on Aug 9 for the National Day Parade. The Malaysian leader has accepted the invitation.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-malaysia-leaders-retreat-forward-looking-relationship-11425048

Next year May be dead.. or out of office..

Try to play nice lor

Turbocharged

As the saying goes.. keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.. wonder if I can get invite to ndp this year too.. my boy seem to enjoy it last year..

U not enemy enuf..
  • Praise 1

(edited)

must have this segment ......sure will meet radx one :XD:

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Reading other forums, im surprised that citizens on both sidez trade barbs, malaysians threaten to cut water, laugh at our NS fatalities. Many singaporeans then harp on our wealth, our better exchange rate and economic success.

While i myself am not too pleased that malaysian PRs are given almost the same benefits as true blues, i think the friction has so far mainly arose from political leaders on both sides.

Between citizens really not much to fight or argue about. Personally i would envy them for their slower pace of life, their nice idyllic beaches and their freehold landed homes...lol

• Praise 2

It will be a waste of time reading up all those stuff. 

Money still walk the talk. Doesn't matter you are Singaporeans or Malaysians, as long as the disputes involved $ negotiation comes in. Do not waste time urging over those published disputes.

Remember, most of us here are just pawns in the whole game. We are just a figure (tax contributor). 

Reading other forums, im surprised that citizens on both sidez trade barbs, malaysians threaten to cut water, laugh at our NS fatalities. Many singaporeans then harp on our wealth, our better exchange rate and economic success.

While i myself am not too pleased that malaysian PRs are given almost the same benefits as true blues, i think the friction has so far mainly arose from political leaders on both sides.

Between citizens really not much to fight or argue about. Personally i would envy them for their slower pace of life, their nice idyllic beaches and their freehold landed homes...lol

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Don't envy them. Life is good there? Depend whether you bumi or not. [laugh]

I think there's no need to read too much into the sudden cordiality from mahathir, coming to NDP and all. It's their culture to be polite when face to face. Asian thing.

Just observe mahathir and the johor royalty. When he met the royalty it all seemed very friendly and amicable. But all the while since then mahathir and the crown prince continue to trade barbs in the press.

• Praise 4

I think there's no need to read too much into the sudden cordiality from mahathir, coming to NDP and all. It's their culture to be polite when face to face. Asian thing.

Just observe mahathir and the johor royalty. When he met the royalty it all seemed very friendly and amicable. But all the while since then mahathir and the crown prince continue to trade barbs in the press.

Life in Boleh land is definitely no a bed of rose for the jiu hu Kia Chinese. Some of my jiu hu kakis actually choose to become Sinkies.

Anyway, Madhatter just told me that 1 day before NDP he will be admitted to loh koon chu with chest pain... hao xiao one....Pinky tio pian liao.

• Praise 1

Skali he see so many ppl wave Sg flag n sing "we are sinkapore", he get heart attack how?....

He hv heart?
  • Praise 2

Life in Boleh land is definitely no a bed of rose for the jiu hu Kia Chinese. Some of my jiu hu kakis actually choose to become Sinkies.

Anyway, Madhatter just told me that 1 day before NDP he will be admitted to loh koon chu with chest pain... hao xiao one....Pinky tio pian liao. ð

There's a recent article that was released.

U will be earning less than 10 years ago with a tertiary degree in Malaysia.

That's the median worker reflective of the real Malaysian economy.

And they were actually not as affected by the GFC of 2008 unlike Europe and America.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysian-fresh-graduates-decline-starting-salaries-11388968

There's really nothing to envy about Malaysia lah as an average Joe. Just be glad they exist.

The recent spat about the international court was pretty no holds barred.

Supersonic

U really envy them?

Unless one is bumi or well connected w a network of cronies, life for the average joe there is nothing to aspire to

Idyllic beaches? How many times u go per year? Wif a low salary ringgit, can probably onli afford to go to lousy port dickson. U earn SGD, can easily afford to fly around the region or Oz to enjoy nicer beaches

↡ Advertisement