• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
112 replies to this topic | 386 praises

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

End of an era: Kenny Rogers Roasters at Great World City will serve its last meal on Apr 14

We, as a nation of foodies, have moved on to bigger trends and better chains. Which is probably why mediocre international brands like Chili’s, Pablo Cheese Tart, and Dazzling Cafe gave it their best shot but ultimately didn’t make the cut when it comes to longevity in Singapore.

On the heels of their exit from our shores, it looks like once-popular rotisserie Kenny Rogers Roasters may soon follow suit. The American restaurant chain, which opened here in 1994, used to see crowds of diners hungry for roasted chicken and corn muffins flock to its outlets. But it appears to have quietly closed down several spots in the last couple years. Apparently, at least according to the Singapore Atrium Sale Facebook page, the Great World City branch is its last, and it’s shuttering after one final day of operations on April 14.

In a notice at the outlet, the management Pacific Utama thanked customers for their “patronage all these years” and notified them of the impending closure. No confirmation yet if the brand is permanently leaving Singapore, but with the Suntec City and Novena ones already gone, it seems the future could be dire for country music star Kenny Roger’s restaurant.In the online sphere, netizens have been lamenting the exit of yet another nostalgic spot, so perhaps the venue could see a spike in customers just before it closes this Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails

• kr.jpg

Othello and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

can always go msia to eat.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Used to be my favourite eatery, love eating the quarter chicken plus two side dish almost every weekend. But dont know since when i seldom patronise Kenny Rogers long ago liao.

Discoburg and Dleodleo praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Used to be my favourite eatery, love eating the quarter chicken plus two side dish almost every weekend. But dont know since when i seldom patronise Kenny Rogers long ago liao.

Yup... same same. Over the years their standard dropped. The muffins feels like overnight bread and the chicken is something like current IKEA's chicken wing, salty outside tasteless inside. 

Othello, Beregond and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yup... same same. Over the years their standard dropped. The muffins feels like overnight bread and the chicken is something like current IKEA's chicken wing, salty outside tasteless inside. 

Agreed, almost forgotten why i stop patronise them, now then i remember their standard indeed dropped a lot. Their chicken no longer taste tender and chicken not much meat de, also their muffins taste hard. Lol.

Othello praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes. Standard dropped like a ton of stones.
Used to always order an extra plate of piping hot, moist corn muffins but over the years, they tasted dry and heated up from frozen dough.
Chix became just normal common fare, the seasoning changed.
Worse, prices went thru most roofs.

Won't miss it frankly.

Safe ride
Cheers
Dleodleo, Blueray and Staff69 praised this

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:23 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The last time I ate there was at the century square outlet before the renovations.

The ribs tasted as if it had been cooked a while already and then heated up and glazed when we ordered. That's why it was kind of dry.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Never been there . . suah koo  [:p]

Pohhenry and Staff69 praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ya the last time i ate it was close to 10years ago and it tasted like crap. a huge drop in quality vs the 1990s when it opened.

Beregond praised this

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:24 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I haven't had it in Singapore since the 2000s when it was still at suntec.
Ate at the Malaysia one at puteri Harbour beside the Thomas town last year.
It was pretty good in the 90s. Went with my parents several times when it first opened.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It’s all about mookata, mala hotpot these days

Not forgetting all the food delivery even from coffeeshops.
Dleodleo and Tohto praised this

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nothing new to captivate the stomach of Singaporeans. So out they go.

Like A&W
Go Malaysia to eat lor.
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Better just ride horse back home with this kind of food.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only been to Kenny Rogers twice in my life. Once at Novena and the other at Parkway Parade. Wanna give them a last shot at making my money but i reckon it will be crowded.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Judging from the comments here and Facebook comments.. Many said standard dropped a lot.

So I guess it is not by chance that one by one close down and now last one also going to exit on April 14.

I think this is an important lesson for those who is doing business that gather correct feedback is very important. Not only that, must also act on it and improve if feedback is of negative. If not slowly the business will slow down, not because of economy no good, not because of location and etc.. But because of like for Kenny Roger case is food standard had dropped a lot.

Edited by Yewheng, 09 April 2019 - 09:58 PM.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sad to hear this, but it is true that the standard of the food has dropped quite a fair bit. I used to eat it a lot.....

kind of a pity because the food menu and choices are not bad.  The sides are quite good and use to be quite big portion in the past.

Anyway, I guess not many young millennias know  Kenny Rogers......

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:46 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not only Kenny standard dropped

Texas chicken also Bo Ho Jiak already

Used to eat every week...tasty juicy last time

Now saltish oily outside and inside tasteless
Spring, Count-Bracula and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go try Arnold’s or Chicaboo for fried chicken. I worked part-time at the latter.

The corn muffin are baked fresh every hour, I worked in the kitchen.

Edited by Fcw75, 10 April 2019 - 01:44 AM.

Dleodleo and PSP415 praised this

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Texas is OK. Quite consistent. But most of their gimmicky flavours r not as nice due to the sauce.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: kenny rogers, roasters and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users