Kenny Rogers Roasters will serve its last meal on Apr 14

Ysc3

Twincharged

Even the Tony Romaâs at Suntec City also gone.

Only ate at Tony Roma's once... Mixed ribs.. Prefer KRR ribs over Tony's... But that was last time.

Now just go for BBQ Express ribs can already.

He should stick to singing.

:D

I am sure if you are to recall the first time eating in the restaurant it should bring a smile to your face. At least to me it was such a different dining experience then as you have to specify dark/white, 1/4 vs 1/2, and spend some time choosing the side dishes as all look delicious. Lucky I never eat any Kenny Roger food the last few years so only can remember the good things [laugh] .

• Praise 1

Twincharged

He should stick to singing.

He is 81 this year... Singing is not much of an option anymore.

post-2854-0-43535200-1554886837_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

An American came to spore to give a talk. After he finished I told him I will take him for a nice dinner something he cannot get in America.

7.30 pm on a Friday night the buffer restaurant without any reservations told me the wait time was 45 mins.

So I tried a few more restaurants and all had a long queue.

Only place that didn't have a queue was KR and I apologised to him for taking him for American food.

He said he has never been to a KR before as they don't have it in America. So it was something he really couldn't get in America.

JB still have KR and much cheaper 

I tried the outlet at Paradigm Mall JB, it is cheaper than in Singapore, but the taste cannot make it.

I read that a few mentioned quality drop. What does it mean? Drop in taste? Drop in portion? Be specific instead of just shooting it off just . like that. The brand will already be non existent in Singapore already and good constructive comments can always help those in this industry.

At their best, the chicken was meaty, succulent inside, outside the skin was Low in oil. Flavour was thyme and oregano infused. My fave sides were TCO, steamed vege, mashed potato and cheese coated pasta cooked al Dante. The pot pie was also a winner with the creamy filling. I liked mine with a dash of Tabasco sauce.

After a lapse of few years, the chicken at GW shrank, and tasted like those from Cold Storage BBQ counter sold whole for $6. Except that KR sold their 1/4 chicken for much much more.

Sad at their demise, but not unexpected.

• Praise 2

I tried the outlet at Paradigm Mall JB, it is cheaper than in Singapore, but the taste cannot make it.

Looks like taste cannot make it whether in sg or malaysia?!

Buy a slab of ribs, marinate with LKK char siew sauce overnight. Roast 180 degrees celcius for an hour and half, turn and bast every 15 minutes and viola! Best char siew ribs ever! Cheap and good.

No wonder I so suah koo. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Even the Tony Roma’s at Suntec City also gone.

I brought my ex-girlfriend there when we paktor, 25 years ago.

Tony Roma! Not bad lah but pocket burned a big hole.

Singapore one also cannot make it during my last try more 10 yrs.

eat too many feel sianz...

I read that a few mentioned quality drop. What does it mean? Drop in taste? Drop in portion? Be specific instead of just shooting it off just . like that. The brand will already be non existent in Singapore already and good constructive comments can always help those in this industry.

Rotisserie chicken concept quite common in most supermarkets nowadays. Some of them taste decent.

Similarly, I only eaten poulet once despite how many outlets it has