• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:51 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This survey was done overseas but it’s interesting to see quite a few so called luxury cars in the list and specifically BMWs..
https://www.autoblog.../#slide-7556521

What do you think arethe top ten cars people will sell after a year’s ownership? And why?

Poor reliability?
Good trade in?
Change in COE price?
Datsun366 and cashcow praised this

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For many "entry level" luxury cars. I would say owners are moving up the luxury chain.
Garage36.com

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can see where most of the money is spent. Most of it goes to luxury inside the car but not the rest.

To me it's no surprise looking at Jaguar/LR cars. Followed by BMW/MINI models. But for Nissan where most of the money go? It's not even luxury and on the low end side.

Knowing US buyers they are not into diesel which the Jaguar/LR cars are mostly equipped. With the diesel scandal from German cars and most petrol kiosk dont even offer diesel for them to pump. I think there are not many takers. BMW/MINI entry models have the turbocharged 3 cylinders no need to say they are not a fan of neither the turbo nor the 3 cylinder engine. They are into the big capacity NA V6/V8 engines. But it's true nothing can replace engine size.

Edited by Watwheels, 10 April 2019 - 09:10 AM.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Predominantly JLR cars, entry-level BMW and budget Nissan. Makes sense.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i read some report.

some western country is more worth it to lease these luxury brand then buying them.

u get to own the car mius all the repair cost. 

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Interestingly no VW and Audi in the list.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe not many were sold there to begin with that warrant the sampling...

I’m surprised the new Class made the list.

No wowo... cos they’re supposedly for life...brand new or preloved

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

cashcow
  • cashcow
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In UK, this could be the situation but I think also subjective.

I am sure there could be some romantic frenchy car on an alternative list if you have read some of the Brit car forums.

In Sg context I am sure the list of the top 10 cars again may be vastly different.

Probably car models where the sales does not take off and the importer does not have the resources to back up the after sales service.

[drivingcar] Lol 

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Within a year.. should have warranty?
Or maybe these makes have produced so much lemons the owners got scared they ditch early within a year?
Something wrong leh.. Merc C class tops the list? This article written and researched by American ah? 🤐

Edited by Solar, 13 April 2019 - 05:17 PM.

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not sure about US. But in Germany most VW model are 6 spd manual, including rental car default manual.
So should not have much problem.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my fastest....Hyundai Matrix.  8 months.

KNN LC Chia.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What happened with your Pininfarina classic?

my fastest....Hyundai Matrix.  8 months.

KNN LC Chia.

Cheers
Ben

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

What happened with your Pininfarina classic?

I sue pininfarina until their pants drop.  Bcos I say they lie that the same designer worked on Ferrari.

But they tell me "What do you think".

Another one said "lets move on"

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The last one said "it's an honest mistake", right?

I sue pininfarina until their pants drop.  Bcos I say they lie that the same designer worked on Ferrari.

But they tell me "What do you think".

Another one said "lets move on"

Cheers
Ben

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

motoent
  • motoent
    Banned

If it's luxury brands, it may also be people not being able to make their payments.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: rid, cars, duds, poor and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users