Careful eating sushi

Playtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkLqESSnkbI

Sea weed can be surprisingly tough and don't break easily, holding the ball together preventing it from breaking up.

Worst, out can stick to your throat preventing the movement.

So if go eat sushi with small children, ALWAYS cut or remove the seaweed wrapping, children matt try to swallow..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

come on, this is ridiculous. My kid eat sushi since 4 years old also never eat like that. Anyway this is not sushi it's an Onigiri, she crazy to stuff the whole thing.

• Praise 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkLqESSnkbI

Sea weed can be surprisingly tough and don't break easily, holding the ball together preventing it from breaking up.

Worst, out can stick to your throat preventing the movement.

So if go eat sushi with small children, ALWAYS cut or remove the seaweed wrapping, children matt try to swallow..

By the way, this woman is dead after she choke on the onigiri. 

https://www.unscrambled.sg/2019/04/15/japanese-youtuber-chokes-to-death-on-live-broadcast-while-doing-the-onigiri-challenge/

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2016548

Edited by Mahjong74

(edited)

come on, this is ridiculous. My kid eat sushi since 4 years old also never eat like that. Anyway this is not sushi it's an Onigiri, she crazy to stuff the whole thing.

I personally seen a kid choking, the dad then reached into her mouth and pulled out the strip of seaweed, I think she had half the strip down her throat before it got stuck... kids la

post-7190-0-80713700-1555377085.jpg

Edited by Playtime

I think I read before, few people die from choking on onigiri every year in Japan.

If u choke on food and no one is around, its easy to pass out.

Sounds like a silly way to die but it happens. Sometimes it's cos u swallow too quickly as well the rice which is not moistened up enough, so it gets stuck.

Supersonic

I think I read before, few people die from choking on onigiri every year in Japan.

Sounds like a silly way to die but it happens. Sometimes it's cos u swallow too quickly as well the rice which is not moistened up enough, so it gets stuck.

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles.  He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though.  He was in a coma for a few days before he died.  

• Praise 1

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles. He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though. He was in a coma for a few days before he died.

I once almost choked cos I was in a rush and gobbled down some big lump of rice.

Had to gag and try and regurgitate out.

After that I got more careful to chew properly even if I'm in a rush.

Turbocharged

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles.  He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though.  He was in a coma for a few days before he died.  

same for my late uncle who was early 90s then. he choked on a cut up fishball at home. family members tried to revive him but it was unsuccessful.

as we age, our throat muscles weaken considerably and we can't handle the same food as when we are younger. so all of us should take note too.

Neutral Newbie

that's true. the same applies to pudding or so.