• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sea weed can be surprisingly tough and don't break easily, holding the ball together preventing it from breaking up.

Worst, out can stick to your throat preventing the movement.

So if go eat sushi with small children, ALWAYS cut or remove the seaweed wrapping, children matt try to swallow..
Dleodleo and Buadongdong praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

aiyo.. Khiang jiu ho, mai kay khiang.. stuff the whole sushi ball into her limited space in the mouth is unwarranted..

Pohhenry, Carbon82, Sadan and Freeder praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

come on, this is ridiculous. My kid eat sushi since 4 years old also never eat like that. Anyway this is not sushi it's an Onigiri, she crazy to stuff the whole thing.

PSP415 praised this

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

siao lang.

must have been practicing for her bf.

That is all.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:40 AM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sea weed can be surprisingly tough and don't break easily, holding the ball together preventing it from breaking up.

Worst, out can stick to your throat preventing the movement.

So if go eat sushi with small children, ALWAYS cut or remove the seaweed wrapping, children matt try to swallow..

By the way, this woman is dead after she choke on the onigiri. 

https://www.unscramb...giri-challenge/

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2016548

Edited by Mahjong74, 16 April 2019 - 01:41 AM.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:11 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

come on, this is ridiculous. My kid eat sushi since 4 years old also never eat like that. Anyway this is not sushi it's an Onigiri, she crazy to stuff the whole thing.

I personally seen a kid choking, the dad then reached into her mouth and pulled out the strip of seaweed, I think she had half the strip down her throat before it got stuck... kids la 🙄
Better safe than sorry.

When the seaweed is dry, it tears crispy.. but when it's just a little be wet like in the photo below.. it sometimes stretches but don't break easily..

Attached Thumbnails

• gunkan-sushi-set-on-white-260nw-456060190.jpg

Edited by Playtime, 16 April 2019 - 09:17 AM.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

By the way, this woman is dead after she choke on the onigiri.

https://www.unscramb...giri-challenge/

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2016548

Dam.... the son must be devastated.. 😣

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think I read before, few people die from choking on onigiri every year in Japan.
If u choke on food and no one is around, its easy to pass out.
Sounds like a silly way to die but it happens. Sometimes it's cos u swallow too quickly as well the rice which is not moistened up enough, so it gets stuck.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think I read before, few people die from choking on onigiri every year in Japan.
Sounds like a silly way to die but it happens. Sometimes it's cos u swallow too quickly as well the rice which is not moistened up enough, so it gets stuck.

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles.  He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though.  He was in a coma for a few days before he died.  

Lala81 praised this

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles. He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though. He was in a coma for a few days before he died.

I once almost choked cos I was in a rush and gobbled down some big lump of rice.
Had to gag and try and regurgitate out.

After that I got more careful to chew properly even if I'm in a rush.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:48 AM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My late grandfather was at home alone, having fishball noodles.  He choked on a fishball, was not found for at least 30-40 mins, did not pass away immediately though.  He was in a coma for a few days before he died.  

same for my late uncle who was early 90s then. he choked on a cut up fishball at home. family members tried to revive him but it was unsuccessful.

as we age, our throat muscles weaken considerably and we can't handle the same food as when we are younger. so all of us should take note too.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Onigiri (rice ball) .. Not sushi. Normally sushi are bite size.

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:31 PM

SimonDschen
  • SimonDschen
    Banned

that's true. the same applies to pudding or so.

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Old eat more porridge.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: food safety child safety and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users