• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:46 AM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any comment on this? Tsw is higher in terms of price.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

TSW has mfg plants in Thailand so the prices could be lower from what I feel.

OZ HLT is flow form

Check on the same size and dimension with a weight comparison to get what is functional instead of pricing.

Some goes for look , To each his own.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

TSW has mfg plants in Thailand so the prices could be lower from what I feel.

OZ HLT is flow form

Check on the same size and dimension with a weight comparison to get what is functional instead of pricing.

Some goes for look , To each his own.

Yeah what i meant is , tsw selling price in sg is higher than oz. By few hundreds. Same size spec but around same weight. If similar design, which one will you go for? Oz is definitely me in Italy. Tsw made in US

Edited by Dannnn, 14 April 2019 - 12:41 PM.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Get BBS..Forged.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Get BBS..Forged.

This one totally diff price range...

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yeah what i meant is , tsw selling price in sg is higher than oz. By few hundreds. Same size spec but around same weight. If similar design, which one will you go for? Oz is definitely me in Italy. Tsw made in US

I will go for OZ,feels more "Atas" [because used in F-1]than TSW.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Any comment on this? Tsw is higher in terms of price.

any particular TSW model?

i was checking on 19'' TSW nurburgring, rotary forged. was about 10.5kg. wasn't too impressed

I thought forged should go under 10kg for 19''

19'' BBR CHR is flow formed and weighs 11kg

so depends on the design you like and what are u looking for in a rim

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:13 AM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

any particular TSW model?

i was checking on 19'' TSW nurburgring, rotary forged. was about 10.5kg. wasn't too impressed
I thought forged should go under 10kg for 19''

19'' BBR CHR is flow formed and weighs 11kg

so depends on the design you like and what are u looking for in a rim

Forge for 10kg 19" especially the nurburgring design is consider good liao.
I'm looking at the bathurst. But somehow oz leggera hlt similat design, weigh about the same. And few hundreds cheaper for oz

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Forge for 10kg 19" especially the nurburgring design is consider good liao.
I'm looking at the bathurst. But somehow oz leggera hlt similat design, weigh about the same. And few hundreds cheaper for oz

both are established brand, if all specs are almost similar. i pick the cheaper one, of cos!!

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

both are established brand, if all specs are almost similar. i pick the cheaper one, of cos!!

Yea dilemma,
Tsw got abit of concAved look, oz design is not concaved but the style is similar.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:10 AM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yea dilemma,
Tsw got abit of concAved look, oz design is not concaved but the style is similar.

ah concaved looks good, real dilemma

I guess TSW in pitstop and OZ in leong Seng?

see who is more friendly haha

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ah concaved looks good, real dilemma

I guess TSW in pitstop and OZ in leong Seng?

see who is more friendly haha

Yeah lol. Real dilemma.. if only they same price lol

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

Young_cheer
  • Young_cheer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

TSW wheel is rare sight on street probably of it's cost, TSW looks fierce though. 

Able to share how much they quoted? 

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:45 AM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

TSW wheel is rare sight on street probably of it's cost, TSW looks fierce though. 

Able to share how much they quoted? 

i was quoted 3999 for 19'' nurbugring + tyre + trade in

quite a good price for forged rims

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

Young_cheer
  • Young_cheer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i was quoted 3999 for 19'' nurbugring + tyre + trade in

quite a good price for forged rims

that's a good deal! will drop by their shop for a good look at bathurst :) btw i read from forum that RF still belong to cast family just that RF has added properties of Forge, as in Flow formed from BBS 

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I was quoted 3000 for 18" + tyre.
Yes rotary forge is similar to flow form(oz), just that the face isoy, and the body is forged. Thats what i read..
So in dilemma to go for oz(color is what i wan,black.just no concaved) or tsw(gunmetal which not my first choice, but got abit of concaved, just abit).

Edited by Dannnn, 15 April 2019 - 02:15 PM.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I was quoted 3000 for 18" + tyre.
Yes rotary forge is similar to flow form(oz), just that the face isoy, and the body is forged. Thats what i read..
So in dilemma to go for oz(color is what i wan,black.just no concaved) or tsw(gunmetal which not my first choice, but got abit of concaved, just abit).

oh now i know, that's why the weight savings isn't that much compared to bbs forged

if the concave is very slight, i guess not worth it. not your preferred color anyway

go with your heart, or your pocket haha

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

oh now i know, that's why the weight savings isn't that much compared to bbs forged

if the concave is very slight, i guess not worth it. not your preferred color anyway

go with your heart, or your pocket haha

Yeahh but maybe forged wheel save u extra ~1kg n u paying much higher, depends if u feel worth it. If yours a track car then diff
Ya very slight concaved, i saw bef 15-16" rim on honda got more concaved i wonder how they achieve it. As u need big width/lower offset.

Maybe i shld go with my pockets­čśé

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yeahh but maybe forged wheel save u extra ~1kg n u paying much higher, depends if u feel worth it. If yours a track car then diff
Ya very slight concaved, i saw bef 15-16" rim on honda got more concaved i wonder how they achieve it. As u need big width/lower offset.

Maybe i shld go with my pockets­čśé

some 19'' bbs forged are 8-9kg, so u save about 4 kg per rim over a cast rim. but the price is sky high!!!

So when i heard nurburgring was 3999, i was quite keen. but like u, doesnt come in the color i wanted. only black and silver and the weight saving isnt significant

end up chose bbs CHR in grey. 

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

some 19'' bbs forged are 8-9kg, so u save about 4 kg per rim over a cast rim. but the price is sky high!!!

So when i heard nurburgring was 3999, i was quite keen. but like u, doesnt come in the color i wanted. only black and silver and the weight saving isnt significant

end up chose bbs CHR in grey.

So how much u paid for the bbs chr?
Yeah dilemma cos of the color, if really.got the color i want no need think liao.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Modulare Forged C Series

Modulare Forged C Series  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MelvinPoh  |  Neutral Newbie

Awesome Rims

I personally like their range of rims they have and they all look really premium. Price wise is on the higher side but it is really good. Weight is pretty light and I can feel significant change is my drive pattern as handling and acceleratio... » Read More

SSW S012 Eclipse

SSW S012 Eclipse  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ladder-ane  |  Neutral Newbie

Stable and Comfy Rima

This rim is pretty heavy and eats a bit more fuel due to its weight but seem like driving wise is more stable and comfortable. Price is reasonable for the rim and looks good. Been working fine with me but might consider changing to a lighter... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Rim

Quick Reply

Tags: tsw, flowform, wheel, rim

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users