• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

ChanSiLiang
  • ChanSiLiang
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi friends

I am getting a new Honda Jazz soon and as a first time driver, i am required to take Honda's insurance for the first year. However, i was offered 1 year and 2 year package.

I'm 30 years old, male. 

1 Year - $1995, 0% NCD, Excess: $600

2 Year - $3331, 0%NCD, Excess: $600

May i know if i should take the first year or take the 2 year package. If i change insurance, will they consider my NCD based on the Honda insurance i signed for.

Please kindly advise. New driver here. Thanks for the great help 

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As long as your ncd is with a a valid insurance company, should be OK bah. Mine is with kah motors via tokio marine.
ChanSiLiang praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi friends

I am getting a new Honda Jazz soon and as a first time driver, i am required to take Honda's insurance for the first year. However, i was offered 1 year and 2 year package.

I'm 30 years old, male. 

May i know if i should take the first year or take the 2 year package. If i change insurance, will they consider my NCD based on the Honda insurance i signed for.

The package is strongly pushing you to take up 2 years as the 1st year seems to be jacked up.

I recommend to take just 1 year.  About 2 months before your insurance expiry, get better quotes using 10% NCD and based on your requirements.

ChanSiLiang praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

Mann123
  • Mann123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi friends

I'm 30 years old, male. 

Not sure what plan Honda provide but if it is premium plan then quite reasonable provided your license is new (Less than 2 years). You can consider 2-year plan if you obtained your license this year only. 

NCD will be ok if you change insurance company after 1 year.

ChanSiLiang praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:15 PM

Club21z
  • Premium member
    Club21z
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Go those diy website and quote estimate for 2nd year premium.
Most likely cheaper their in house.
ChanSiLiang praised this

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi friends

I'm 30 years old, male. 

have to look at a slightly bigger picture. 

does taking the 2 year policy translate to a higher insurance subsidy from KM than the 1 year policy ? then blend the numbers in to get an overall figure.

ChanSiLiang and Carbon82 praised this
focus

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:15 AM

sHy3r
  • Premium member
    sHy3r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Do ur math and homework...

Premium is tie to coverage.

Many just want cheap premiums... but didnt realise what they are covered.

Go for 1 yr plan. When near to expiry, hunt for a better one...

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

Jon_cclau
  • Premium member
    Jon_cclau
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi TS,

ask for a copy of the policy and see what is the coverage.

without knowing the coverage, it is difficult to compare or even comment if the premium is right.

Little guide for you here... hope it helps:

https://www.enjoycom...-car-insurance/

Good Luck!

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Assuming all remain the same, your second year premium will be $1795.5 (after 10% NCB). Total of your 2 years' premium will be $3790.5. Your package of $3331 saves you $459.5 which I think is not bad.
If you were to source separately, unless you can get it lower than $1535.5 for the second year, you don't gain.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

makeanewcall
  • makeanewcall
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

not sure if you are allowed to cancel the policy after a while if you can find a cheaper premium elsewhere.

2 years at 3k+ breaks it down to 1.5k/year which is not too bad for a new driver. still slightly pricey though. 

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

jcchia
  • Premium member
    jcchia
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Insurance are rather expensive for 1st time new car buyer n those age below 26yo. 

When I bought my 1st car, I signed for 2 yrs comprehensive package from AD. I do check with others but somehow are much expensive on the 1st yr. but only the 2nd year are safer in the event of any accident. Do check up further and be sure to cover much such as named driver if car are often driven by any of family members. 

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: insurance, firsttime, newdriver and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users