So you think you know about CPFLife

But honestly $170k is nothing lah nowadays

Its just $5kpm for less than 3 yrs

Last time $5k salary is not bad.

But today $5kpm salary is nothing.

So relying on $1,350 pm means we eat not full and starve not dead.

Jialat

thought the 1350 was 1/2 of your cigar allowance.....
  • Praise 1

Let say a person got 170k at age 55. He surrender sg citizenship and go relax one corner in Malaysia, Thailand or nearby sea countries. He gets back everything plus a LIFE call retirement.

Choose properly....

Yah better choose properly. 

Here at least you can collect carton box to supplement living expense so that the 170k can last longer, go nearby countries got such lobang? They are not welfare states to feed you when you are out of money haha.

Wah......you are truly a changed man......a humble man!

Hypersonic

Yah better choose properly.

Here at least you can collect carton box to supplement living expense so that the 170k can last longer, go nearby countries got such lobang? They are not welfare states to feed you when you are out of money haha.

Must give people a chance lah.

SGD170k can last a lifetime not just retirement in nearby countries.
  • Praise 4

170k was just a number for our conversation and as an example.

Whether 170k can last or is sufficient is not the point. The point is... I don't see the master's point!

Just freaking return back my monies.

Subscribed.

My current thinking is to go ERS and basic. Ofcos, payout can be higher due to economies of scale and a captive market (compulsory), and a lack of solvency guarantee by the government.

If there is a better private annuity life plan, then I can consider BRS and basic. Take out for FD, mai lah.

• Praise 2

Subscribed.

My current thinking is to go ERS and basic. Ofcos, payout can be higher due to economies of scale and a captive market (compulsory), and a lack of solvency guarantee by the government.

If there is a better private annuity life plan, then I can consider BRS and basic. Take out for FD, mai lah.

My current plan for now is go for ERS level, Standard plan & payout at 65 years old for wife and myself. If not mistaken, the estimated payout is about 3k per month, 6k for both for life. I think this will give me the motivation to maintain a healthy lifestyle to outlast the average sinkies to get more from the pool.

Regarding private annuity longevity insurance, so far can't find any better deal than cpf life, additionally I can't really put in >30 years trust in a private company (when leehman could go under, you know any private company could).

ERS payout is about $2K not $3K.

post-1109-0-53760300-1555656844_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

As if whole working life of contributing to CPF is not enough, after 55 still want to contribute extra.

What for?

Muayhahahahahaha

Can take how much out, i take how much out

• Praise 3

As if whole working life of contributing to CPF is not enough, after 55 still want to contribute extra.

What for?

Muayhahahahahaha

Can take how much out, i take how much out

I plan to take out as much as I could, leaving bare bones as the KaHiNa dictate. My monies, my choice, my life!
  • Praise 1

ERS = 3 x BRS

FRS = 2 x BRS

But the table shows their payout ratios are less than 3x and 2x of BRS respectively?

Boh hua leh

The best explanation I heard is that the first 60k earns a higher interest...hence the payout is not proportional.
  • Praise 1

Remembered reading somewhere about how one can "set aside" certain amounts before everything gets wiped out to RA for certain objective. Anyone has any idea about this?

The best explanation I heard is that the first 60k earns a higher interest...hence the payout is not proportional.

Hmm but i thought we are using the RS amount to buy into Cpf life annuity at 65. If so then shouldnt annuity payout amount be proportional to principal paid into annuity?

There's no more accrued interest once RS is "converted" into cpf life annuity.

↡ Advertisement