Cost to replace hybrid Battery

Notitwain

Hi All. I am interested to find out the price of replacing the hybrid battery for our vehicle. How much does it varies from brand to brand? Anybody had theirs replace before?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi All. I am interested to find out the price of replacing the hybrid battery for our vehicle. How much does it varies from brand to brand? Anybody had theirs replace before?

I’m not sure of the exact costs but it runs into thousands $ from what I understand.

If it’s a Prius, they allow 1 free change of battery in the first 10yrs n from what I read, the Koreans Hyundai n Kia allow unlimited change of faulty battery during the first 10 yrs of the car’s life.

• Praise 5

my dad had his Lexus Gs450h hybrid battery replaced about 4 years back. batt died on 6th year. BM says 10 yrs hybrid warranty jia sai la. we called them up they say can only replace if battery is faulty, not if the battery is old, and damaged due to wear and tear. not heard much about the koreans also i see that korean hybrids really stepping up the game that toyota should be afraid of.

as for replacement, my dad replaced at HEV at Sin Ming comfort building.

they give 1 year warranty on the battery, although there is compulsory every 10Kkm servicing required so warranty is not void within the one year.

they have ready stock and are expert in hybrid cars.

cost wise after GST it was around $5300 if im not wrong. it was done in about 2 days i believe.

However, for toyota-lexus, borneo is cheaper in the cost for the hybrid battery. the only reason he went to Hev is because of 6 weeks ordering time due to no stock 

not sure if they keep stock now but thats all i can say

good luck 

• Praise 4

Gotten the information from lexus website...hope it helps

HYBRID BATTERY WARRANTY

Lexus Hybrid Drive has an excellent track record of durability and reliability. To extend this quality assurance to you, Borneo Motors has introduced the industry’s first extended warranty for a hybrid battery. On top of the standard three-year warranty, there’s an additional seven-year warranty to give you greater peace of mind throughout your Lexus ownership.

There shall be no restrictions on the number of hybrid battery claims* from Year 1 to Year 10.

Regardless of any changes in ownership, the Lexus hybrid battery will remain under warranty for 10 years* from its original registration date under Borneo Motors.

*Applicable for vehicles registered from 1st July 2018.

• Praise 1

my dad had his Lexus Gs450h hybrid battery replaced about 4 years back. batt died on 6th year. BM says 10 yrs hybrid warranty jia sai la. we called them up they say can only replace if battery is faulty, not if the battery is old, and damaged due to wear and tear. not heard much about the koreans also i see that korean hybrids really stepping up the game that toyota should be afraid of.

as for replacement, my dad replaced at HEV at Sin Ming comfort building.

they give 1 year warranty on the battery, although there is compulsory every 10Kkm servicing required so warranty is not void within the one year.

they have ready stock and are expert in hybrid cars.

cost wise after GST it was around $5300 if im not wrong. it was done in about 2 days i believe.

However, for toyota-lexus, borneo is cheaper in the cost for the hybrid battery. the only reason he went to Hev is because of 6 weeks ordering time due to no stock 

not sure if they keep stock now but thats all i can say

good luck 

Thanks for sharing. Shocking to hear that Borneo Motor's 10 years' warranty on the hybrid battery is worthless.

Twincharged
(edited)

thats why warranty is always subjective, all the AD needs to say that its a wear and tear, you can only suck thumb. 

or tell you a couple of months to order, like what was mentioned above.. and in the mean time the car is just sitting. screw whatever warranty in Singapore. cheapest price wins

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

For hybrid, can the petrol engine still move the car when the batteries are dead?

as for my dads lexus Gs450h , yes the car will still go. but sibei Jiayou. 

before changing hybrid battery about 9.5L/100KM, (yes its not typical hybrid FC but for 3.5L car already v good)

when battery died 14L/100KM,

after changing battery about 8.8-9.2L/100km, depending...

this is just my dad experience in the gs450h, not too sure about other cars. 

however i have heard honda vezel moves without battery anyways

or tell you a couple of months to order, like what was mentioned above.. and in the mean time the car is just sitting. screw whatever warranty in Singapore. cheapest price wins

AD was still cheaper by afew hundred but who cares they no bloody stock hais

AD was still cheaper by afew hundred but who cares they no bloody stock hais

For me hybrid is simply B.S..

Simple reason is the replacement cost is way above the  petrol money i could ever save.

• Praise 3

4th Gear

For me hybrid is simply B.S..

Simple reason is the replacement cost is way above the petrol money i could ever save.

So true...and the resources to make the hybrid batteries is more than the trees and petrol you can save by being frugal.

Those start-stop tech also wear out auxiliary batteries which kind of defeats the purpose of saving $ and environment.

Batteries also not so easy to recycle and create electronic waste.

• Praise 2

Gotten the information from lexus website...hope it helps HYBRID BATTERY WARRANTY

Lexus Hybrid Drive has an excellent track record of durability and reliability. To extend this quality assurance to you, Borneo Motors has introduced the industryâs first extended warranty for a hybrid battery. On top of the standard three-year warranty, thereâs an additional seven-year warranty to give you greater peace of mind throughout your Lexus ownership.

There shall be no restrictions on the number of hybrid battery claims* from Year 1 to Year 10.

Regardless of any changes in ownership, the Lexus hybrid battery will remain under warranty for 10 years* from its original registration date under Borneo Motors.

*Applicable for vehicles registered from 1st July 2018.

Think i read somewhere that 1st 5urs is unlimited change. But once over 5yrs. Only 1 change allowed.

Am driving a 4GS450h, my battery died and was replaced under warranty last nov, car was 6yrs old then. Need to wait a few weeks to order, reason being battery should not be kept, that's according to borneo.

Car still drives ok without hybrid, but pickup suffers and FC higher.

• Praise 1

Now with globalisation where logistic is so advanced, few weeks is another B.S. 

2 days is all it needs to have it deliver to the warehouse  and doorstep of the workshop.

Somehow agent mind set still in the 80s.

2 days is all it needs to have it deliver to the warehouse and doorstep of the workshop.

Shipping of battery is not as easy. It takes lot of declaration and paperworks. It's not as direct as normal items.

Shipping of battery is not as easy. It takes lot of declaration and paperworks. It's not as direct as normal items.

Few weeks to me is still not acceptable.

Btw not comfortable with replying to road hoggers.....hahahahaha

Supersonic

2 days is all it needs to have it deliver to the warehouse and doorstep of the workshop.

Batteries can longer going by air freight, only sea freight is allowed
  • Praise 2