Shilin Night Market in Singapore

Pisces

Bro, tempura des. ( 甜不辣)

And then there is 黑轮, nihongo wa O-den (aka Yong Tau Foo)

Me like fried smelly tofu. Acquired taste. Very shiok.

Ningxia food not bad.

Was thinking of going, now lobang picha, mailiao lor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Haiz

Was there about 5.25pm. Car jammed 45mins b4 gg to Carpark A. Went in at 6.10pm and food queues super long and most already waited at least 2 hours.

Left after 20mins. Yes, checked with a guy in the queue and he said he already waited at least 2.5 hours for queue number. After that wait for queue number to be called.

Pls dun waste time like me. Nothing special cos i checked out all the stalls. Really mostly local stuff.

Safe ride

Cheers

Think go Jewel better than this shilin thing. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Got smelly tofu ? If no smelly tofu how can they claim it is a Taiwan street food fair .. [laugh] [laugh]

Nope.

Its one of my fav if i go Taiwan.

• Praise 2

Think go Jewel better than this shilin thing. Lol.

I oso say but if too crowded, good food queues really very long BUT u are definitely more comfy in aircon environment.

Please go Jewel instead. Worthwhile and can always go T3 as well via link bridge, less than 5 mins on pmd, i mean travelator. T3 basement eateries on the slide side got moderate facelift.

Safe ride and enjoy a good weekend!

Cheers

• Praise 1

Poor direction and poor handling of entrance to Shilin Food Market, not suitable for senior folks as some stores require to upload their apps to order the foods, some need to Q to pay by vending machines 1st and wait at least 15-20 mins for a simple pearl bubble tea.

Most foods are deep fried or satayed, the Q at least 40mins to an hour of you know where, how to order, the young ppl manning the stores are actually local guy, I think undergrads or poly guys and gals helping out to prepare foods.

Worse are directional sign to restrooms,there  were none displayed, Restrooms can be found @Kranji Turf Club area, with poor or made-out signage. Usher/s manning the place were clueless as the crowds can turned nasty, due to heavy downpour earlier hence the floor can be slippery, I overhead a lady attempt to buy an Umbrella cost Sing$40.00- crazy man !

Many housewives came with toddler, coupled with strollers and umbrellas, Car park were a complete mess after leaving with only few exit point making a scrambled , lucky no stampede, $3.00 per entry certainly do not make my first trip@Kranji fruitful.

Those horse punters came out after 6pm were stunned by the unsightly crowds, if die die must come to the Shilin, take Mrt best. Don't take my words for it, give them some time to work out the logistics and lastly the foods isn't up to my expectation, ( most are deep fried foods, greasy, oily and full of unsaturated fats )  [:|]

• Praise 11

This weekend the whole of Singapore will be either at Jewel or this Shilin night market.

Inside Jewel quite crowded, think even worst than during the preview. Esp super crowded at the giant waterfall area, tons of people gather there to see the 5 mins light show!

• Praise 1

Poor direction and poor handling of entrance to Shilin Food Market, not suitable for senior folks as some stores require to upload their apps to order the foods, some need to Q to pay by vending machines 1st and wait at least 15-20 mins for a simple pearl bubble tea.

Most foods are deep fried or satayed, the Q at least 40mins to an hour of you know where, how to order, the young ppl manning the stores are actually local guy, I think undergrads or poly guys and gals helping out to prepare foods.

Worse are directional sign to restrooms,there  were none displayed, Restrooms can be found @Kranji Turf Club area, with poor or made-out signage. Usher/s manning the place were clueless as the crowds can turned nasty, due to heavy downpour earlier hence the floor can be slippery, I overhead a lady attempt to buy an Umbrella cost Sing$40.00- crazy man !

Many housewives came with toddler, coupled with strollers and umbrellas, Car park were a complete mess after leaving with only few exit point making a scrambled , lucky no stampede, $3.00 per entry certainly do not make my first trip@Kranji fruitful.

Those horse punters came out after 6pm were stunned by the unsightly crowds, if die die must come to the Shilin, take Mrt best. Don't take my words for it, give them some time to work out the logistics and lastly the foods isn't up to my expectation, ( most are deep fried foods, greasy, oily and full of unsaturated fats )  [:|]

40 bucks for an umbrella? 

Witch scared of water ah?

duno what so good about this event, most of the food already available in some food court.

鳳梨酥 also can consider as night market food??

• Praise 1

40 bucks for an umbrella? 

Witch scared of water ah?

exactly she told me when we shared my big & comfy umbrella , can hide 4 adult under the rain. those vendor sure knows how to rip us during rainy day :whisper:

Looks like re-branded local pasar malam [laugh] 

exact feeling.

like laksa calling laksa ramen, and sell 3x higher

(with only 1x ingredients added ) [;)]