NUS GIRL takes her perpetrator to task

Playtime

Turbocharged
(edited)

Spending so much money on CCTV to catch these perverts is just silly.

Its like saying these student cannot stop themselves from peeping.

Its just so silly. These students will be future lawyers and doctors and judges and chief police officers.

I have a better solution to stop the problem once and for all.

To nip the problem in the bud. If people believe these bight future young men cannot stop

then we should just put the CCTV in the shower stalls itself and not outside the bathrooms.

24 hour coverage of these young ladies showering live and there is no need to go down to the showers to peep.

Sure people will see until they become so sian they wont want to see anymore.

Its like going to a nude beach at first sure see and see a lot lah.

But if you go every day after a few months it becomes so normal no more excitement anymore.

So please put the cameras inside and also in the male showers for gays and ladies to see.

[thumbsup]

Unisex shower, like in Starship Troopers [laugh]

At the other end of the extreme, in Saudi Arabia, exposed wrists and ankles are sexy.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Technology is the answer.

Put these gates at the entrance of the ladies shower.

Just change the red barriers to big sharp blades.

Chop chop extra bits is the answer.

:D

faregates-st.jpg

giphy.gif

• Praise 2

I have tried not to comment further given any minority views will attract a fair amount of snide comments. But then hor...

To me this is abit off..... You mean we are educating a whole generation of "good future" undergrads who do not peep or take video of other ls showering simply because it is difficult to do so?

Look, this is undergrad peeping at undergrad. Not some dirty uncle who climb the wall to just peep at undergrad. The problem is within.

Sorry, but my parents taught me from young that you keep to straight and narrow because you want to be a good person and do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

I don't wish to be filmed showing, then I don't do it to others. Not because of locked doors or screened shower cubicle gaps.

Sorry to say NUS, you are barking up the wrong tree. Again.

Obviously the committee NUS set up machiam never set up cos of the reactive solution they think off

What makes them so sure by installing additional cameras would deter the would be perpetrator

If cameras solution works, there would not be so many cases liao as they will be blatantly peeping and videoing

It is the 2 strike policy and spf conditional warning (a precedent set for the perpetrator) that encourage these people to be so daring as long they shown keep within the,i would

Say pre requisite criteria.

Chances can be given but not for these types of cases as repercussion can be catastrophic

It would just take one video to be out in the internet and destroy the victim

Then who should be blame and who is going to feel for the victim as this stigma most probably stick to her forever

There is a 成语 called 杀一近百 to stop the source

And that should be the message the enforcer should send

If not we need them for what....

• Praise 2

(edited)

Stop confuscating the issue with extraneous examples like toothbrush or bank/goldsmith robbery.

In any public toilets/showering facilities in in public /private gyms/swimming pools/tertiary institutions, do they have the additional anti-peeping devices/contraptions installed just like NUS? No. 

What makes NUS undergrads so special that they need special restraints to keep themselves from satisfying their urge to perform a sexual misconduct action? So you are saying NUS undergrads have an inane propensity to be sex criminals compare to the general population? 

Am I asking for the banks/goldsmith shops to remove their exising safety measures? No. So. I don't even see the point in using them as example other than purely to confuscate. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Don’t worry about feeding extra 26 in changi? U think those prisoners idling in Changi? They need to work as well, bulk of the income is towards feeding themselves and small token as their income

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If it was properly managed, we probably no need all these saga. So just get the basic right don't confuse and distract. All crimes to be handle by authorities without outside influence.

Turbocharged

As you yall know i was in an international dormitory in the us.

1. There was pot smoking.

2. There were drunken orgies behind closed doors.

3. Two doors away from female/male shower cubicle.

4. Many different angmoh, Europeans are more liberal thant the Americans.

5. No one peeped or took pictures, even the drunks or the potheads. No gay showers either. My RA was a rainbow guy.

Why?

The society made it clear on day one, no messing around. Respect the rules and keep it quiet.

It as in whatever deplorable actions/depravity to yourselves. Adulthood as it may.

I mean it was kinda kinky to know gay stuff was going on next to me albeit separated by a brick wall and the other wall separated a parade of blondes, brunettes as well as the occasional Asian going in for test drives -- couple of Thor like Nordic neighbors.

Haha.

What I am trying to say is that the ground rules must be laid down clearly.

The price is out of school period. There are always gifted poor family children.

No shortages of Nic Lims/ NUS chancellors who might have better sense and appreciation of their mission.

Life does not ofyen give second chancez and sometimes take back the second chance at its whim.

铁的辑侓, 爱的教育。

Oh yeah, back in the day no cctv or any such nonsense.

Its the brutal gut punch if we fail ourselves.

NUS FON

• Praise 4

I may not necessarily want to see jail sentence but I do want these perpetrators be put through the due process court trial... That by itself is what I will call a wake up call... Not some semester break to earn sideline.

Second chances are for people who had paid their dues for the crime the commited. Not for those who had not even been properly judged.

1MhbDmZiPbP.png

That's why I am always supportive of the yellow ribbon project... Because these people had paid their dues and we should not give them a second civil jail term. 

• Praise 1

If it was properly managed, we probably no need all these saga. So just get the basic right don't confuse and distract. All crimes to be handle by authorities without outside influence.

And that is the purpose, isn't it? Till date, none of the minister concern come out to say something, strange?

In any case, a proper root cause analysis needs to be performed, before coming up with suitable corrective and preventive actions to address the REAL root causes.

In the latest move by NUS, I choose to assume that the current security standards are poor, thus the additional CCTV, access control and such are needed. The same goes for setting up a unit to provide assistance to the victims (since there is none currently).

So the biggest question left now is: what about dealing with the perpetrator? Are the existing policy, code of conduct and disciplinary framework adequate? Most of us see that it is NOT, but as long as no pressure from the top (yes, I am looking at oir ministers), all postings on social media and even news reports are merely noise, that warrant no need for a change.

Last but not least, with all the arrows pointing at NUS (and even NTU, with more cases reported), SPF has somehow managed to take the back seat and away from public questioning. The more we netizens are arguing and fighting among each other, the further away they are from our view.

Let not fall into the trap. It is time for SPF or even AGC to come out and state their stand. I am really curious what are the questions that will be tabled during the upcoming Parliment session.

• Praise 8

(edited)

Donât worry about feeding extra 26 in changi? U think those prisoners idling in Changi? They need to work as well, bulk of the income is towards feeding themselves and small token as their income

With organ donation? Jokes aside, it costs $28k a year actually.

Every person in prison is a cost to Singapore. It costs about $28,000 a year to keep a convict in prison. That is, apparently, as much as the basic household expenses of a four-member household! But beyond the monetary costs, perhaps the greatest cost of incarcerating a person is the social cost. Every person in prison represent a lost opportunity. Why?

Unquote

http://singaporedaily.net/2016/10/20/singapore-third-highest-prisoner-population-ratio-world/

As you yall know i was in an international dormitory in the us.

1. There was pot smoking.

2. There were drunken orgies behind closed doors.

3. Two doors away from female/male shower cubicle.

4. Many different angmoh, Europeans are more liberal thant the Americans.

5. No one peeped or took pictures, even the drunks or the potheads. No gay showers either. My RA was a rainbow guy.

Why?

The society made it clear on day one, no messing around. Respect the rules and keep it quiet.

It as in whatever deplorable actions/depravity to yourselves. Adulthood as it may.

I mean it was kinda kinky to know gay stuff was going on next to me albeit separated by a brick wall and the other wall separated a parade of blondes, brunettes as well as the occasional Asian going in for test drives -- couple of Thor like Nordic neighbors.

Haha.

What I am trying to say is that the ground rules must be laid down clearly.

The price is out of school period. There are always gifted poor family children.

No shortages of Nic Lims/ NUS chancellors who might have better sense and appreciation of their mission.

Life does not ofyen give second chancez and sometimes take back the second chance at its whim.

éçè¾ä¾ï¼ ç±çæè²ã

Oh yeah, back in the day no cctv or any such nonsense.

Its the brutal gut punch if we fail ourselves.

NUS FON

Valid point and very readable. Haha...

I am actually supportive of a 1-strike expulsion policy but i am less certain it will lead to zero such incident, so CCTV and other measures are still necessary when you have a 36k student population at their sexual prime. And rightly or wrongly, our culture is a factor, we are not angmos. Just look at the number of maid abuse case, despite mandatory jail terms for violence acts, it keeps coming back.

Edited by Voodooman

Turbocharged

Exactly.

It goes to prove there are always those unworthy.

Why the insistence to pass along failures, if they fail early it is because of internal deficiency rather than pass the qc and for it to fail spectacularly later...

Rather than trying so hard with cctv, might as well encourage responsibility for own actions.

Dependence on patriachial methods may backfire seriously when these people come into maturity.

Cctv money aside. Its the character that is also important. They have to answer to themselves in the future with no Doctor Strange to look into the possible endings.

Self responsibility, keep it quiet behind close doors. Once out, its going to be smackdown.

Not smart to do stupid, not smart to get caught out ergo try applying for the other university.

The mistakes of teachers are gigantic.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Smart peeping toms is just what we need in our society.

Hope they become lawyers and judges and policemen.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

I say put the camera inside the female bathrooms

to catch the peeping toms red handed.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Rules are rules and people should just respect it.

There is a rule you cannot smoke on British trains

but there is no rule you cannot have sex.

So a couple had sex on the train in front of everyone and no one bat an eye lid.

The man then took out a cigarette and lid up after his finished and immediately

someone pull the cord and called the police to kick the antisocial smoker off the

train.

I myself don't like to see people smoking where they shouldn't.

• Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)

Spending so much money on CCTV to catch these perverts is just silly.

Its like saying these student cannot stop themselves from peeping.

Its just so silly. These students will be future lawyers and doctors and judges and chief police officers.

I have a better solution to stop the problem once and for all.

To nip the problem in the bud. If people believe these bight future young men cannot stop

then we should just put the CCTV in the shower stalls itself and not outside the bathrooms.

24 hour coverage of these young ladies showering live and there is no need to go down to the showers to peep.

Sure people will see until they become so sian they wont want to see anymore.

Its like going to a nude beach at first sure see and see a lot lah.

But if you go every day after a few months it becomes so normal no more excitement anymore.

So please put the cameras inside and also in the male showers for gays and ladies to see.

[thumbsup]

Ya, so nus rather spend more money to make it difficult for peeping tom/video Tom than to hands off this and let police handle? This to me is sending a very wrong signal. Nus students are all adult already, they are not 16 17 yrs old teenagers. Hope dpm hsk sees this and then instruct relevant ministers to go deep and tell nus to stop being the police for peeping Tom and or video Tom, and for police to step in. These people deserves punishment that is same as what if they do it outside nus campus. Police should be the one handle the case not nus.

I think Pm need to be firm, like for this case, since education minister and law minister not firm on this nus video Tom case, then pm should step in and said stop it. Let's not waste time and resources and back to basic. Nus and all school campus to immediately stop all these nonsense and push every peeping and or video Tom case to police from now on. No school should be the judge, it should let police handle. So it will put a full stop on this. This is what I feel as what a pm should do and be firm on issues that his team below failed to do so.

Like for chewing gum case, it's the trademark for the ban, even till now when I fetched rider that come from overseas, they still talk about Singapore banned chewing gum. This is a good job because of a firm then pm (lky). Another one is the jail case for the American guy who vandalism in Singapore, this is also even after America president pleed for leniency. This to me is call firm on things. So this nus peeping Tom and or video Tom case is also similar. Ministers and or pm need to be firm if nus and or education institutions are doing their role well.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

So we are tough on chewing gum and lenient on peeping.

What kind of values are these?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1