The local road that smell great

Heartlander

Are you referring to the Cadbury factory in Boon Lay ? Long time ago, I worked in Tuas area, took SBS bus (no air-con back then) and will smell it everyday.

Yes...this stretch.

But the chocolate smell wasn't emitted by Cadbury premise only. Think Cadbury site was only office, warehouse and R&D. So chocolate smell is not much.

But from her neighbour, used to be ADM cocoa, bought by Olam in 2014 = Olam Cocoa. If not wrong now is world biggest cocoa supplier.

https://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2010/12/whats-that-smell.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Our tropical Flowering usually happens when there's intense heat for a few weeks. Now it's been hot for the last month or so. Probably not much flowering already.

The park and the flowers on my estate roadside already shed their flowers by 2nd week of April.

Edited by Lala81

YIo Chu Kang Road night time smells good too, its like driving inside a forest.

Should be the stretch nearer to Thomson road?

The stretch between seletar and AMK also very forested.

Along AYE before bird park.

The chocolate smell is strong.

Chocolate is one of the Worlds most popular flavour.

So should be the best smelling stretch for chocolate fans.

Is the chocolate smell still there?

Is the chocolate smell still there?

Not sure, only drive pass occasionally and didn't open window.

Unless they change operation, likely still have burnt cocoa smell.

(edited)

Ok this afternoon I made my way to the road to confirm that the fragrance was indeed given out by the tiny flowers. And it is obvious that a lot of the tiny flowers had been shed, most likely due to the heavy rain yesterday. Today could still smell it when ride past those trees with many flowers, but the smell is not as dense as last 2 weeks already.

Also take note that you can smell it only when cycling closer to the kerb, and take note of the side to go with regard to sea breeze or land breeze, meaning day or night time when passing by.

Next time I will share this earlier, if I am still cycling actively haha.

post-101253-0-68413800-1555851007_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-80410000-1555851017_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-42638100-1555851025_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2

Ok this afternoon I made my way to the road to confirm that the fragrance was indeed given out by the tiny flowers. And it is obvious that a lot of the tiny flowers had been shed, most likely due to the heavy rain yesterday. Today could still smell it when ride past those trees with many flowers, but the smell is not as dense as last 2 weeks already.

Also take note that you can smell it only when cycling closer to the kerb, and take note of the side to go with regard to sea breeze or land breeze, meaning day or night time when passing by.

Next time I will share this earlier, if I am still cycling actively haha.

is this the PCN end side? CV to ECP?

I was riding ECP to CV yesterday

is this the PCN end side? CV to ECP?

I was riding ECP to CV yesterday

Yes, the sea coast side. Actually both sides also have the trees that are flowering.

But due to the fact that the fragrance is like a very low power wifi hotspot, you need to be close to be able to smell it. If you travelling from ECP to CV, best is doing at night during land breeze where wind is blown from land to the sea. But in day time, best direction to enjoy is to go from CV to ECP. Hope I got the basic science right haha.

But during the first few weeks when the trees bloom and got a lot of flowers, it does not matter which direction, can definitely smell it.

Sorry I should have shared this earlier. Alas the heavy rain that happened the last few days. I cycled in the rain for first time in a few years, really brought back many memories of younger days.

• Praise 1

Yes, the sea coast side. Actually both sides also have the trees that are flowering.

Noted with thanks! I will bring a slower bike to smell flowers! hee..

↡ Advertisement