2017 2nd Generation Mazda CX-5

Carbon82

Was looking to commit on the Tucson till I chanced upon the new 2017 CX-5..... The more I read about this new facelift, the more I am drifting away from Tucson  :secret-laugh: 

The questions now would be how long more is the wait till it reaches our shore, what specs would be available and how much it'd cost my wallet.

I hope I won't regret my brakes on the Tucson in lieu of this beauty.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Was looking to commit on the Tucson till I chanced upon the new 2017 CX-5..... The more I read about this new facelift, the more I am drifting away from Tucson  :secret-laugh: 

The questions now would be how long more is the wait till it reaches our shore, what specs would be available and how much it'd cost my wallet.

I hope I won't regret my brakes on the Tucson in lieu of this beauty.

Ya it s beauty... just not sure the rear space... see already also gian...

Anycase, saw Youtube video for Australia.... looks like CX5 is their best seller there... with Tucson and Kia Sportage coming up strong... 

• Praise 1

The new version comes with rear aircon? Good improvement over the current model as the cabin volume is rather big for cx5 and rear aircon certainly helps to cool down the rear fast

The new cx-5 sure looks better than the current. Furthermore the hud is directly projected on windscreen like cx-9. So cool. I think the next generation series all is like that liao.

• Praise 2

I noticed from Mazda latest 13-23 Apr price list (see attached) indicates that the Mazda CX5 is sold out.  Does it mean that the new 2nd gen CX5 is launching anytime soon?

post-185926-0-33945300-1492689615_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

I noticed from Mazda latest 13-23 Apr price list (see attached) indicates that the Mazda CX5 is sold out.  Does it mean that the new 2nd gen CX5 is launching anytime soon?

To answer your question, yes it will be officially launch in June. I wanted to take a look at the CX 5 last Sat and the SE told me it is still at the inspection centre. Therefore there is no display unit in the showroom at Leng Kee, I also ask him what is the indicative pricing going to be like and he mention its between 140k (2.0L) - 150k (2.5L). I really like the new facelift and the CX5 is definitely one of the model that I will be considering. Lastly, the SE also mention that the electric tail gate will be a standard feature for all variant. Lets hope he is correct.  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Somehow the new design don't appeal to me, I feel front and back have too much "cheeks".

• Praise 1

To answer your question, yes it will be officially launch in June. I wanted to take a look at the CX 5 last Sat and the SE told me it is still at the inspection centre. Therefore there is no display unit in the showroom at Leng Kee, I also ask him what is the indicative pricing going to be like and he mention its between 140k (2.0L) - 150k (2.5L). I really like the new facelift and the CX5 is definitely one of the model that I will be considering. Lastly, the SE also mention that the electric tail gate will be a standard feature for all variant. Lets hope he is correct.  

Hi guys, for those still interested in the new CX 5, I got a text message that there will be an official launch of the CX5 in a hotel next month. Location and date is still yet to be informed. The launch is by invitation only so if you know any Mazda SE, you can request from them to sign you up for the launch. Cheers.

• Praise 1

Wonder if the 2.5L engine is the same unit used for the CX-9 which can propel the car from ) to 100km/h in 7.1sec.  If that is the case, it could give the contis SUV like the tiguan, X1, Q3 a close fight.  Looking for forward...

• Praise 1

This car launching just about the same time as the Harrier turbo. Whilst not exactly apple to apple comparison being non turbo, the price range should be very close so I'll be looking forward to the inevitable comparison. Toyota always known for their reliability whilst Mazda is known for its aesthetic looks and good handling, game on!!  

• Praise 4

(edited)

This car launching just about the same time as the Harrier turbo. Whilst not exactly apple to apple comparison being non turbo, the price range should be very close so I'll be looking forward to the inevitable comparison. Toyota always known for their reliability whilst Mazda is known for its aesthetic looks and good handling, game on!!

Got fight meh. There are so many Harriers on the road. Lol. Probably eight for every cx5 I've seen.

Nobody buys a suv for handling bah.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement