Home-fix in trouble?

Adrianli

Yeah the Msia MrDIY. They've started to open in sg too. There's a big one at Westgate. Prices are lower than Homefix/Selfix for the same product. For example, i bought the WD40 a/c cleaner for $11.50 there vs $13.50 at Selfix downstairs.

oh i was about to say msia mrDIY doing well despite housed in shopping mall........i quite enjoy shopping there haha

didn't know they already made their way to singapore

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

oh i was about to say msia mrDIY doing well despite housed in shopping mall........i quite enjoy shopping there haha

didn't know they already made their way to singapore

got a new one just opened today at Johor, The Mall, Mid Valley Southkey. In RM.  [laugh]

Edited by Dafansu

$6.66 :grin:

A few years ago they still got some interesting tools but then now all can be bought from TB or Amazon or elsewhere at much cheaper price some more.

And as many said, the staff generally has little or no knowledge so no difference from buying online. Sometimes online got full dimension, specs and manual to see before you buy some more.

Thinking of buying this becuase looks jin hardcore :grin:

【质造无刷锂电角磨机充电式多功能抛光机切割机 打磨机角向磨光机】https://m.tb.cn/h.eYlzVd4?sm=66e288 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥cxhwY0RQUKb¥后到

A few years ago they still got some interesting tools but then now all can be bought from TB or Amazon or elsewhere at much cheaper price some more.

And as many said, the staff generally has little or no knowledge so no difference from buying online. Sometimes online got full dimension, specs and manual to see before you buy some more.

i find some online sites like taobao, the service even better than similar brick and motar shop.....

the other day i was looking for a light switch for my fridge, couldn't find anywhere else.....found it on taobao quite late, almost near midnight...the online cso still entertain my queries and confirm it is the part i am looking for, after i managed to snap photos to show him.

Supersonic

Ha hahaha in more ways than one :XD:

Thatâs true :XD:

$11.50 is expensive!

Lazada only $8.50

https://s.lazada.sg/s.eUIo

Jb my diy lagi cheaper

Haha...i kena inspired by u mah. So i kancheong spider go out n buy n do it immediately. By the time lazada deliver, inertia would probably hv set in...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

In my decades of being a man, i have never seen know WD 40 makes a product called aircon cleaner. I learn something NEW today. Its good to be in MCF.

its just a brand.

ps : I bought also … but after I buy, I just put in my kitchen cabinet …. think half year already … :XD:

post-2854-0-31099800-1556000185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ysc3

$6.66 :grin:

Thinking of buying this becuase looks jin hardcore :grin:

【质造无刷锂电角磨机充电式多功能抛光机切割机 打磨机角向磨光机】https://m.tb.cn/h.eYlzVd4?sm=66e288 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥cxhwY0RQUKb¥后到

Edited by Volvobrick

I think for diy shop to survive, relying on retail is not enough, as already mentioned before in other post, Singaporean in general are not handy man. The shops need to have a regulars from contractors. Last time I worked with contractors and took their lorry to work site before, and the first thing after they set off is head to a few local hardware store. Definitely not Homefix or Selffix.

Ya lor. Sometimes some local retailer try to smoke me, I will just smile and walk away. They still don't feel uncompetitive.

another of the hardware store i went and ask for advice on what solution/tool to use.....the staff just tell me he don't know.

another one with a very big warehouse in ubi, i already googled the solution, i ask him if xylene is the one that can indeed remove the varnish, he also not sure....but he say since i googled the answer already, then it should be usable.

• Praise 1

Pricey but convenient. Must be those outlets big big like ION kill them.

Home-fix has a store in ION?

The type of people who go to ION will DIY stuff?

I am one of those who like to feel it before purchase. Even for tools, i like to know the quality and feel.

Yes, they are simply too expensive. It is the rent that kills them. Just by selling cannot work in my opinion. You need to partner handyman teams to provide that support. 

I am one of those who like to feel it before purchase. Even for tools, i like to know the quality and feel.

Yes, they are simply too expensive. It is the rent that kills them. Just by selling cannot work in my opinion. You need to partner handyman teams to provide that support. 

Home-fix do have handyman services + DIY workshops + Tools rental + Community engagement. Very sad to  see them go down. The boss is local hanrdworking type. Too bad in this internet edge, they are losing out with their higher prices. Their webstore is ok but not competitive at all.

• Praise 2

The cost of doing business in Singapore is very high.

Almost all malls are under REITs and they are pushing for max profits.

I heard from a veteran in retail trade. You must be able to mark up 500% before you can survive opening shop in a mall. A $1 item and you must be able to sell at $5. And this is just to breakeven. The cost is that high 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

yah lor, many more retail giants will find it harder and harder to survive...

another one i think is struggling is Challenger?