• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
462 replies to this topic | 990 praises

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

3000 land? Nice
So long as you arenât along the main road itâs ok.
Use fascina windows
Chelsea Village has nice long driveways, walking distance to MRT and itâs far enough from the main road. Thereâs a playground somewhere there too.
Wide roads. FH

3200 sqf built up, 2530 Sqf land but next to main road, noisy

Seletar Hills looks good, but no MRT. I bought a SD, land 3150 this year at 2.75mil to rebuild.

3150 land 👍🏼

Rebuild a 3000 sqf, how much?

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:10 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If one is doing an extended renovation or teardown do make friends with your neighbors and leave a contact for them.
Making them feel you care about their welfare prevents nasty complaints. They will send feedback to your builder or you instead of the NEA. Once it’s official it will be worse for you.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The Pasir Panjang road unit is a semi d but odd shape and noisy. I would go for it if not so noisy cos front and rear open view

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

mmlky
  • Premium member
    mmlky
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

3200 sqf built up, 2530 Sqf land but next to main road, noisy
3150 land ðð¼

Rebuild a 3000 sqf, how much?

Depends, market rate about 250 to 300 for moderate materials. Mine is $270 excluding cabinetry, but with lift, no pool. My built up will be 4950 sf
grandis123 praised this

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Depends, market rate about 250 to 300 for moderate materials. Mine is $270 excluding cabinetry, but with lift, no pool. My built up will be 4950 sf

Huge 5000sq!!! 3 storey?

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Jambol is very narrow.. and parking is tight. Nightmare for builders.
But Chelsea is a wide road. Everyone there parks on both sides in the cul de sac. If you buy along the entry road it’s a single white line.
So that’s why even within an estate there are good and bad locations.
Just like the lentor area.
The area closer to the train station is older and has wider roads. But that’s a main thoroughfare and not so safe for kids to play along the road.

exactly. I think the immediate situation is much more important. Take countryside for example, there are parking issues that escalated to lawsuits at certain area while other area has plenty of parking. 

Some locations has stuff like cul du sacs, or like countryside where they dont terminate the road but built another connecting road for exit. That connecting road has zero houses on both sides so it acts as free parking while providing an alternative exit path. I can get on of my house either turning left or right. 

Therefore I don't think wider roads are good actually as wider roads are usually main exit/entry roads... I much prefer quieter and narrower roads as long as can double park and let one car through. Some roads can't even double park...

Single white line is usually an alarm bell though... most roads are dotted line unless got people complain until LTA draw single solid white line...

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:31 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

exactly. I think the immediate situation is much more important. Take countryside for example, there are parking issues that escalated to lawsuits at certain area while other area has plenty of parking.

Some locations has stuff like cul du sacs, or like countryside where they dont terminate the road but built another connecting road for exit. That connecting road has zero houses on both sides so it acts as free parking while providing an alternative exit path. I can get on of my house either turning left or right.

Therefore I don't think wider roads are good actually as wider roads are usually main exit/entry roads... I much prefer quieter and narrower roads as long as can double park and let one car through. Some roads can't even double park...

Single white line is usually an alarm bell though... most roads are dotted line unless got people complain until LTA draw single solid white line...

Lawsuit for parking spaces 😆

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Lawsuit for parking spaces 😆

Ya Lor... sigh... but parking is one of the biggest issues actually. Our thread has already one guy who moved out of his landed because of parking.

It’s no joke trying to get in out of your house Everyday if the road is double parked all the time... my immediate neighbour has 4 cars but only one space in driveway. Lucky he is corner terrace and beside him is the connecting road so he Parks his three cars there without disturbing any people.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Ya Lor... sigh... but parking is one of the biggest issues actually. Our thread has already one guy who moved out of his landed because of parking.

Itâs no joke trying to get in out of your house Everyday if the road is double parked all the time... my immediate neighbour has 4 cars but only one space in driveway. Lucky he is corner terrace and beside him is the connecting road so he Parks his three cars there without disturbing any people.

countryside lanes are already wider than other Lentor lanes.

Countryside transacted deals are almost the same price psf in the past 2-3 years, ie. 1.1-1.2k psf for 2000 land and 1k psf for 2800/3500 land

Edited by Lms822, 28 April 2019 - 10:41 AM.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

mmlky
  • Premium member
    mmlky
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Huge 5000sq!!! 3 storey?

Zoning is 2 plus attic but I will be building a mezzanine so it becomes 4 storey.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Zoning is 2 plus attic but I will be building a mezzanine so it becomes 4 storey.

I hope you have lift 😬

Edited by Lms822, 28 April 2019 - 10:45 AM.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wah nice to have a big place designed by yourself. I looked at Dedap area 10 years back. But at the end, living within walking distance of my in laws trump other consideration.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:45 AM

mmlky
  • Premium member
    mmlky
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I hope you are having a lift ð¬

Yes with lift but no pool.

Wah nice to have a big place designed by yourself. I looked at Dedap area 10 years back. But at the end, living within walking distance of my in laws trump other consideration.

I think i read your comments in renotalk or somewhere.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:46 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Yes with lift but no pool.
I think i read your comments in renotalk or somewhere.

Pool at home (usually a small one) is only good when the kids are young.
Mkl22 and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

countryside lanes are already wider than other Lentor lanes.

Countryside transacted deals are almost the same price psf in the past 2-3 years, ie. 1.1-1.2k psf for 2000 land and 1k psf for 2800/3500 land

I think those that sold are facing the expressway along countryside road. If u can find one at similar price away from expressway, I think it’s a good deal.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:01 AM

Lms822
  • Lms822
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I think those that sold are facing the expressway along countryside road. If u can find one at similar price away from expressway, I think itâs a good deal.

Lentor Avenue?

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pool at home (usually a small one) is only good when the kids are young.

Actually it works as you age..
Rather than a fancy roof or other renovations
A pool actually adds value.
A bonsai tree is nice too.
Datsun366 praised this

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Itâs no joke trying to get in out of your house Everyday if the road is double parked all the time... my immediate neighbour has 4 cars but only one space in driveway. Lucky he is corner terrace and beside him is the connecting road so he Parks his three cars there without disturbing any people.

Got lots of selfish people around. For Some the porch is the play area for the grandkids. No cars in the house. All the 3-4 cars all parked outside even though the house can take 3 cars.

Actually it works as you age..
Rather than a fancy roof or other renovations
A pool actually adds value.
A bonsai tree is nice too.

Not really true about the pool. Maintenance cost is not cheap. And if it’s not long enough, it’s a fish pond.
Datsun366 praised this

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Datsun366
  • Datsun366
    Supercharged
    Author Image

#buyhomenothouse

Some of the property look so sad.
Some look cold.
Some got parking problems.
Some got tiger/ox issues.
Some got money also buy home so difficult.

Wah lau.

P/s oxley rise berapa duit?

Edited by Datsun366, 28 April 2019 - 11:12 AM.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For landed, the utmost priority for me are the neighbors. A cb neighbor can ruin everything.

For condo and hdb at least there is still management and town council to do something.

We had a neighbor at my parents place that was nice to everyone in the estate but was super aggressive when someone living in the condo nearby told his drivers to park all the PA plate mini bus along our street to save on parking. It was 5-6 vans. We got fed up and this neighbor had a few vans and car from his business and he blocked the vans from moving out by parking very close to them. Left his cars for a few days until the owner of the mini bus had to call the police.

We then explained to the police that we are neighborly here and park close to each other to maximize space and that if anyone of us needed to move out it was a quick phone call away.

The mini bus owner continued to park and the neighbor continued to block him until he could no longer take it and finally moved his mini buses away.

Edited by Mkl22, 28 April 2019 - 11:29 AM.

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users