Car boot lip protector

Nautilus

Hi Bros,

Just to check if anyone here has tips on where to purchase a transparent boot lip protector that’s used to prevent damage to the rear bumper when loading and unloading stuff from the boot. I’ve found some on the internet but they are mostly black or silver which are quite unsightly.

Please let me know if you have lobang for this.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Hi Bros,

Just to check if anyone here has tips on where to purchase a transparent boot lip protector that’s used to prevent damage to the rear bumper when loading and unloading stuff from the boot. I’ve found some on the internet but they are mostly black or silver which are quite unsightly.

Thanks in advance.

Just learn some PHV & Taxi,they put a Rubber Mat in the Boot,whenever they load up something,they take out & put it on the Lip. [thumbsup]  [:)]

• Praise 1

Hi Bros,

Just to check if anyone here has tips on where to purchase a transparent boot lip protector thatâs used to prevent damage to the rear bumper when loading and unloading stuff from the boot. Iâve found some on the internet but they are mostly black or silver which are quite unsightly.

Thanks in advance.

Consider wrap with clear 3M film.

Supersonic
(edited)

Consider wrap with clear 3M film.

My suggestion is to use it until it get scratches before you wrap it. After all , unless one does heavy loading unloading frequently , otherwise hardly there will be scratches. Taxi and PHV wrap it that way because passengers do not take care when loading and unloading luggage or heavy stuff, we dont usually treat our car that way, so dont bother to disfigure a nice looking car. Edited by Ct3833

Transparent after a while will turn yellowish too. What ever you try to put will look ugly anyways. To me most car owners aren't bothered by this cos they are not phv/taxi drivers.

• Praise 1

Hi Bros,

Thanks for all your responses.

The main reason for wanting to install the film is mainly to protect the bumper when loading kids stuff such as bicycles, etc. There’s always a chance that the bumper may be scratched.

I’ll check out the clear 3m wrap.

Thanks

Try taobao. Can find this kind of customised protector that is just for your car model. 

Made of stainless steel. 

Saved my bumper lip from some scratches when I was loading and unloading luggages on my road trip up to Port Dickson last year. Also saved some accidental scratches when loading my kid's bike/scooters. No matter how careful, sometimes accidents do happen. 

Stainless-Steel-Car-Rear-Bumper-Outside-

This is just a sample pic I grabbed off internet

Personal preference though, mine was dark brushed titanium effect, so it matches my dark blue paint. 

Hi Bros,

Thanks for all your responses.

The main reason for wanting to install the film is mainly to protect the bumper when loading kids stuff such as bicycles, etc. There’s always a chance that the bumper may be scratched.

I’ll check out the clear 3m wrap.

Thanks

• Praise 2

Transparent after a while will turn yellowish too. What ever you try to put will look ugly anyways. To me most car owners aren't bothered by this cos they are not phv/taxi drivers.

Nowadays good quality film will not turn yellow so fast within a few years. There are some branded ones out there that are of low quality. It is good to protect areas where scratches are likely to occur.

Try taobao. Can find this kind of customised protector that is just for your car model.

Made of stainless steel.

Saved my bumper lip from some scratches when I was loading and unloading luggages on my road trip up to Port Dickson last year. Also saved some accidental scratches when loading my kid's bike/scooters. No matter how careful, sometimes accidents do happen.

Personal preference though, mine was dark brushed titanium effect, so it matches my dark blue paint.

Thanks bro. I saw this and another one that looks like carbon fiber as well. But I prefer a transparent film as I prefer not to affect the appearance of the rear.

Nowadays good quality film will not turn yellow so fast within a few years. There are some branded ones out there that are of low quality. It is good to protect areas where scratches are likely to occur.

Will the film be scratched? Then it would be unsightly too.

Will the film be scratched? Then it would be unsightly too.

It can resist light scratches. For deep scratches, it will self heal with heat over time when parked under the sun.

Hypersonic

depends on tpe of car , for MPV, SUV this kind of SS or composite SS look might make the car look sportier

but on saloon car might looks quite different , so the transparent one looks better

I think in the high end cars which they use for passenger pick up from Airport .... i've seen a kind of pvc cloth being pulled out from inside the boot and then once the luggage is loaded they push it back into the car ( its like a flap)        

Made of stainless steel. 

• Praise 1

Black rubber and chrome plates are the norm. For transparent maybe you want to use packing tapes. 

Alternatively , spray with plastidip which you can determine which area you want to protect and colour. 

Saw this before too. 

post-24957-0-83254300-1556759651.jpeg

depends on tpe of car , for MPV, SUV this kind of SS or composite SS look might make the car look sportier

but on saloon car might looks quite different , so the transparent one looks better

I think in the high end cars which they use for passenger pick up from Airport .... i've seen a kind of pvc cloth being pulled out from inside the boot and then once the luggage is loaded they push it back into the car ( its like a flap)        

Can consider those thin rubber film(fake carbon fibre look) for side step as well. Just get online one whole roll and install where ever necessary.