• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
96 replies to this topic | 449 praises

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:13 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In the beginning there is only my wife...

best_01.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 03 May 2019 - 10:13 PM.

Tohto, Lala81, Philipkee, Jamesc, VteckiCk, Ash2017, Kopites and 10 other members praised this

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

10 year series of great photos lai liao.

好期待

Second photo is your mil? Jamesc wishes to know...

Edited by mersaylee, 03 May 2019 - 11:52 PM.

Tohto, SiLangKia, Tianmo and F355 praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

10 year series of great photos lai liao.

好期待

Second photo is your mil? Jamesc wishes to know...

Got some pics of mil but not really keepers :)

Those years without kids... seem an eternity ago, dining at nice resturants like imperial banquet on this trip..

This time is when I first started bringing DSLR on trips. Shot on a 85mm apsc crop which is around 135mm. Subject distance is really far. Plain luck on the colours, loved the colours. Learned about chromatic aberrations seen at the branches. Started my gear lust for good lens.

best_02.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 08:32 AM.

mersaylee, F355 and Premacist praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Australia, great ocean road. Shot with the camera held high above my head with and ultra wide lens. Live view is great for this. At that time, mirrorless just came out I think. Olympus camera. A lot of my shots from then on use this method, running high angle shots with tilted horizon. 

best_03.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 09:10 AM.

PSP415 praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

More, more, more 😊

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My Wife look so young in these photos :)

Japan. Ever since my kid went to school, we never caught Sakura again.... the things u give up for kids. How I wish to go on a vacation to catch flowers or autumn leaves in October. All my trips are with kids, we never ever thought of leaving them behind in Singapore, no matter how young. This was the last vacation with no kids, or the first depending on how u look at it. 

been to many vacations but I don’t think I have seen a really good autumn foliage like whole mountain kind, something on my bucket list....

best_04.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 10:22 AM.

Mercury1, RH1667, Ct3833 and Ct3833 praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This pic below with my daughter is not the first trip with her. I think she is 1 year plus here and her third trip I think. The first two trips has some pics but none really keepers though. I think she was the cutest from the age of 2-4 :) 

Added a frame as I thought without frame looks weird. 

best_05.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 10:46 AM.

Spring praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:48 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lol could do a sovil et Titus theme.
F355 praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Arashiyama. The next 10 or so pics represent I think the best photos I have over the years. Somehow as my daughter gets older the connection is not as strong... you can't really feel the mummy daughter connection as she gets camera shy. You literally have to take candids to get keepers... When she is young, everything is so natural

My boy is totally different... just run around like crazy. 

best_06.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 11:05 AM.

Pocus praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:02 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

...great photos and thanks for sharing. [thumbsup] 

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

New Zealand just when she can walk :)

best_07.jpg

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very neat photos...

So your girl was made in jippun? Cutest from 2-4? So lucky to have missed the terrible at two phase...my girl started at 18 months and still counting...🤦‍♂️

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Very neat photos...

So your girl was made in jippun? Cutest from 2-4? So lucky to have missed the terrible at two phase...my girl started at 18 months and still counting...🤦‍♂️

Not made in Japan but she was carrying the child second trimester on that trip. 

This is is one of my favourite photos.... I can never seem to get something similar with my boy....

best_08.jpg

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

2 years old, when she will go cute at every photo op, those days are Long gone.

best_09.jpg

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This shot was one of my first  attempts to get a good composition. Our wedding  photographer took a very similar photo and so we went back to the same location and duplicated the shot. The lake framing the subject with the trees on the left with the mountains behind. The picture would not work if the horizon cuts through the person head so usually I am very careful in horizon placement after this. 

best_10.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 05:25 PM.

Cheesey74 praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This show my daughter a bit grown up, maybe 4 years old. I always feel this shot is a coming of age photo where she is the only person in the shot without her mummy. 

This shot taken outside the train station while waiting for the train using an ultra-wide from a low angle and up close. It remains one of my favorite shot through the years and just shows you don't have to visit attractions to get memorable shots. 

In fact only 4 out of 11 shots shown are taken in a tourist attraction... rest are all just along the way. Last time I was pretty hardworking and would snap shots all the time...

best_11.jpg

Edited by Wind30, 04 May 2019 - 08:51 PM.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wish Jamesc could post something of his most talked beloved 🤣🤣....... hey ! don’t put that proboscis nosed monkey photo in Japan hot spring during winter
Jamesc, Mercs and Spring praised this

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wish Jamesc could post something of his most talked beloved 🤣🤣....... hey ! don’t put that proboscis nosed monkey photo in Japan hot spring during winter

Why not?

Don't you like pics of my MIL?

:D

snow-monkeys-jigokudani-hell-valley-wild

Edited by Jamesc, 04 May 2019 - 11:14 PM.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lovely photos and the backdrops were awesome. Truly good photography.

Maybe it's just me, I would not post my loved ones on social media that readily.
Theoldjaffa praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:51 AM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Lovely photos and the backdrops were awesome. Truly good photography.

Maybe it's just me, I would not post my loved ones on social media that readily.

I was concerned a little many years back when I first posted on clubsnap. A good thing is I am more careful with my online postings as I am not really anonymous, not bad if everyone thinks a little before posting.

Japan. Kanazawa, 3 years old. Loved this old street in kanazawa. Visited it again in recent years with the boy but there was a stupid car parked there.... They should ban cars on such streets..  

best_12.jpg

Why not?

Don't you like pics of my MIL?

:D

Can we refrain from posting other pics on this thread? Comments, good, bad or weird, are welcomed but pics looks weird. A distraction... the OCD photographer speaking. 

Edited by Wind30, 05 May 2019 - 07:53 AM.

kobayashiGT praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: family, travel, photo, years and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users