• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
131 replies to this topic | 588 praises

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Stock size is best from the prospective of a thicker tyre side wall to cushion impacts and bumps on the Rd

The funny thing is, for my ride, factory stock size is 205/55R17... but come Singapore stock size become 205/60R16... so who to follow?? 😅
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The funny thing is, for my ride, factory stock size is 205/55R17... but come Singapore stock size become 205/60R16... so who to follow?? 😅

both can la, no worry.

my advice is dun go for something or some tyre very rare that tyres shop dun keep.

when u urgent blow 1 and need replacement, they tell u no stock, must order,

cause alot of delay etc etc.

but if your regular tyre shop alway have this size available, then no worry .

just get a 17' rims that fit 205 width nicely can already 

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:30 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

https://www.wheel-size.com/

key in your vehicle details and you will see both sizes are ok.

keep to stock 205/60/16. tire shop is WRONG to suggest 225/55/16. a 6.5x16 size rims with the width as 6.5in will not be able to accommodate the 225/55/16 tire well. the ideal size is 7in.

although the tire manufacturer says its ok to use 6"-8" wheels for a 225/55/16 tire. i would prefer a 7in.

https://www.tirerack...romCompare1=yes

Nlatio praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:38 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro and experts, need advise.... current ride stock tyre is 205/60R16.... was told either to go 225/55R16 if want to stay 16 or upsize to 205/55/R17..... what's your advise, balance between comfort vs stability... also for rubber.... Yokohama Advan series V551 good? Thanks

anyway, can you share which shop is it so that i can avoid? hahah. give lousy advice.

go to carousel and type in "205/60/16"  you will see PLENTY of models to choose from.

i quote a few.

1. michelin energy XM2

2. General tire Altimax comfort

3. Continental CPC5

4. Falken ZE914

5. Yokohama ES32

6. continental CEC5

7.Dunlop SP1 touring

8. Kumho PS31

9. bridgestone T001

10. michelin primacy4

WOOHOO.. 10 a solid 10 to choose from...

SO which lousy shop tells you to go for another size??? hahahhaa

Beregond and Asicskk praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:17 AM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks Bros for the sound advice.... well noted.... haaa lucky not tyre shop tell me... just some friend's friend... since I noob, better seek opinion from Bro here. [:p]
________________________________________________________________________________
________

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The funny thing is, for my ride, factory stock size is 205/55R17... but come Singapore stock size become 205/60R16... so who to follow?? ð

Go for Singapore stick size, as speedometer may have been calibrated.

205/60R16 is also easier to get at the shops.
Nlatio praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

you meant the Stock size is 205/55/17 (what made you said that and From ?)

technically both size is suitable/ exchangeable (205/60/16 and 205/55/17) .

tires optional size in easily check from your Car Owners manual or Tire label with Pressure shown.

if you can find any details , you can always look for other option like Tire manufacturers conversion chart, or your own calculation or any one sharing here with their own experiences.

just make sure you know what you are doing and choice.

just MHO

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you meant the Stock size is 205/55/17 (what made you said that and From ?)
technically both size is suitable/ exchangeable (205/60/16 and 205/55/17) .
tires optional size in easily check from your Car Owners manual or Tire label with Pressure shown.
if you can find any details , you can always look for other option like Tire manufacturers conversion chart, or your own calculation or any one sharing here with their own experiences.
just make sure you know what you are doing and choice.
just MHO

Thanks bro... cause the sticker at the door shows 205/55R17... that's why when I wanna go pump air... i was like errr..... call the SE ask him give me back my 205/55R17...kekeke

Edited by Nlatio, 11 July 2019 - 12:46 PM.

________

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

anyway, can you share which shop is it so that i can avoid? hahah. give lousy advice.

go to carousel and type in "205/60/16" you will see PLENTY of models to choose from.

i quote a few.

1. michelin energy XM2
2. General tire Altimax comfort
3. Continental CPC5
4. Falken ZE914
5. Yokohama ES32
6. continental CEC5
7.Dunlop SP1 touring
8. Kumho PS31
9. bridgestone T001
10. michelin primacy4

WOOHOO.. 10 a solid 10 to choose from...

SO which lousy shop tells you to go for another size??? hahahhaa

Thanks bro... No. 5 is the stock tyre... kekeke
________

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro... No. 5 is the stock tyre... kekeke

stick to same original size is the Best , unless you have No choice.

Or Optional size stated in your Car Manual or Label .

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

stick to same original size is the Best , unless you have No choice.
Or Optional size stated in your Car Manual or Label .

Thanks bro, well noted... got to refrain from the itch... kekekeke... good for the health of the pocket.
________

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The thing is I do not want to.

But my Dad's Hyundai Accent is a bread and butter car and he does not want to spend so much.

Because 175/70/r14 is a very rare size, the difference in price between this and 175/65/14 is about 30% different.

For 4 wheels, the amount is quite substantial.

By changing from 70 to 65 would reduce the overall diameter of the wheel, resulting in incorrect speedo meter reading. The car is travelling at lower than its intended speed. And you need to press the accelerator more to achieve the same speed, resulting in higher consumption.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bridgestone Ecopia EP300

Bridgestone Ecopia EP300  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by kobayashiGT  |  Supercharged

Impressive performance on the wet

This tyre exceeded all my expectation for an economic tyre. It has a very good braking distance and very low noise produced. And the braking power continued for wet driving condition too. It was very impressive for the price point. To... » Read More

Bridgestone Ecopia EP300

Bridgestone Ecopia EP300  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SGCMSupertoad76  |  Neutral Newbie

Quiet and feels smoother

I swop from stock Yoko AE50 14" to this tyre 195/55/15. There is an immediate difference. This tyre has very good rolling properties. It seems to accelerate easier and can roll longer. Handling is sharper compare to the yoko which felt mush... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Economy Tyre

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, hyundaibfgoodrich and 7 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users