Nissan showroom in Bukit Timah calling it a day

StreetFight3r

Why no one likes the N16 Sunny??? I still love my N16 Sunny. Solid body, good handling, stable at higher speed and relatively comfortable ride. Drove it to Phuket and back.

Only thing i hate it is the gearbox jerk from gear 1 to 2. It has this problem since brand new.

Nissan Latio was also a popular choice. No one remembers this model??? Spacious and fuel efficient. Got 4AT and CVT models.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Why no one likes the N16 Sunny??? I still love my N16 Sunny. Solid body, good handling, stable at higher speed and relatively comfortable ride. Drove it to Phuket and back.

Only thing i hate it is the gearbox jerk from gear 1 to 2. It has this problem since brand new.

Nissan Latio was also a popular choice. No one remembers this model??? Spacious and fuel efficient. Got 4AT and CVT models.

Your N16 Sunny was 1.5 or 1.6L de?

Nissan Latio indeed quite popular decade ago, as the car was spacious. For nissan cars, i only have deep impression of their 90s to early 2000s Sunny and 90s March. 

Nissan Latio indeed quite popular decade ago, as the car was spacious. For nissan cars, i only have deep impression of their 90s to early 2000s Sunny and 90s March.

From the days they source the cars from Thailand, the quality declines.

1.6L.

I must say Nissan has the most comfortable suspension to go over hump. 

There is ever changing rule and regulation, Teana was more than 9 years ago fitted with V6, theseday the engine is just not enough to haul the heavy body and not so fun.

Sunny is thirsty workhorse. Remember for their green,dark red and silver paint

Latio so spacious at the back. 

(edited)

Cos the current lineup are dinosaurs? 

Even the GTR is over 10 yrs old liao while Porsche has kept reinventing their 911. 

My guess is whatever good stuff Nissan brains had and were able to create gets taken by Renault. Just look at their current cars. So much nicer than before.  Prob one of the reasons why Ghosn got whacked. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

Don't think i ever stepped into a show room at Bukit Timah before.. anyway SG need so many show room for? All monopolised, cannot negotiate from dealer to dealer..

When new cars are sellng like hot cakes, no harm having many showrooms as they can still earn decent profits. But with the future outlook, most ADs expect sales to drop a lot. So they have to trim costs

BM is right in cutting comm of their sales people. More ADs should follow them.

Don't think i ever stepped into a show room at Bukit Timah before.. anyway SG need so many show room for? All monopolised, cannot negotiate from dealer to dealer..

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP01-6_Cars_by_make.pdf

Data from LTA. Nissan is the biggest loser over the 10 years in terms of car population. It drops more than 20K. 

Mitsubishi is another one, nearly halved... and it has a powerful AD C&C.

Goes to show if the product offering is lacklustre, even a good AD can't save. Same case with Nissan.

Turbocharged

Cars like Tesla, you can even buy the car online, making the SE redundant.. Eventually showrooms will be the thing of the past..

Supersonic

Goes to show if the product offering is lacklustre, even a good AD can't save. Same case with Nissan.

Dont know what happened to Mitsubishi, long ago Mitsubishi cars were so popular but now not many people buy.

Turbocharged

C&C had to remove the Lancer from its range as it did not meet the new emissions standards.

Supersonic

Their attrage selling well

Think back then when attrage sell well also mainly from PHV?

Turbocharged

Think back then when attrage sell well also mainly from PHV?

Obviously.

Same goes for the Opel Insignia.