Nissan showroom in Bukit Timah calling it a day

StreetFight3r

Turbocharged

C&C had to remove the Lancer from its range as it did not meet the new emissions standards.

Wrong. Mitsubishi Lancer has already stopped production worldwide except Taiwan.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yep. Nowdays it still selling well because it caters to a certain income group. I think lah

Not really. The same income group that can afford a brand new $68K Attrage can also afford a 2009 Mercedes E200 with fresh 10 yr COE for less @ $66K.

I know of many who have gone the renewed COE Mercedes route for the prestige and snob appeal.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=806502&DL=2952

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Why no one likes the N16 Sunny??? I still love my N16 Sunny. Solid body, good handling, stable at higher speed and relatively comfortable ride. Drove it to Phuket and back.

Only thing i hate it is the gearbox jerk from gear 1 to 2. It has this problem since brand new.

Nissan Latio was also a popular choice. No one remembers this model??? Spacious and fuel efficient. Got 4AT and CVT models.

U compare it to the corolla or civic. The acceleration is slower.

The auto version fc is also the pits. Easily 2 km/l less than the competition.

Only the manual one had some acceleration.

But it was also cheaper than civic and corolla lah.

Twincharged

I must say Nissan has the most comfortable suspension to go over hump.

There is ever changing rule and regulation, Teana was more than 9 years ago fitted with V6, theseday the engine is just not enough to haul the heavy body and not so fun.

Sunny is thirsty workhorse. Remember for their green,dark red and silver paint

Latio so spacious at the back.

Sunny is thirsty , heavy and slow. THe only benefit is probably a little more crash resistant.

Hypersonic

Have owned Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Suzuki, Daihatsu b4. But never a Datsun.....oppss, i mean Nissan b4. Somehow no appeal leh. Yeah, even the GTR

Same. I have zero interest in Nissan line up.

Almost bought a teana 2.5 cos it made sense from vfm perspective. But In the end just didn't want to spend $ on a Nissan product.

Rather try other brands.

Supersonic
(edited)

U compare it to the corolla or civic. The acceleration is slower.

The auto version fc is also the pits. Easily 2 km/l less than the competition.

Only the manual one had some acceleration.

But it was also cheaper than civic and corolla lah.

In terms of pricing, i always find nissan is below civic and corolla. I remember in early 2000s, when u go to resale car market, if you compared selling price for lancer, sunny, corolla and civic. Lancer was the lowest, then followed by sunny, corolla and civic most expensive. Lol.

I find manual sunny handling not say very good, esp for the 1.5L back in the early 2000s sunny. Corolla manual handling is the best.

Edited by 13177

I must say Nissan has the most comfortable suspension to go over hump.

There is ever changing rule and regulation, Teana was more than 9 years ago fitted with V6, theseday the engine is just not enough to haul the heavy body and not so fun.

Sunny is thirsty workhorse. Remember for their green,dark red and silver paint

Latio so spacious at the back.

The pre facelift N16 Sunny Super Saloon comes with cream colour leather and Nakamichi head set and CD changer.

Pretty cool back then in 2003.

Almost every middle income household back in the late 90s and early 2000 would choose either a Civic, Corolla or Sunny as a family car .

Supersonic

The pre facelift N16 Sunny Super Saloon comes with cream colour leather and Nakamichi head set and CD changer.

Almost every middle income household back in the late 90s and early 2000 would choose either a Civic, Corolla or Sunny as a family car .

You forgot Lancer. This car also pretty popular during that era. Actually the early 2000s, i remember Sunny was the nicest car in terms of design.

You forgot Lancer. This car also pretty popular during that era. Actually the early 2000s, i remember Sunny was the nicest car in terms of design.

Thanks for reminding! Yes in early 2000, C&C brought in the direct injection 1.5L aka GDI. It was the earliest form of direct injection engine that promise greater power and fuel economy .

Twincharged
(edited)

Why no one likes the N16 Sunny??? I still love my N16 Sunny. Solid body, good handling, stable at higher speed and relatively comfortable ride. Drove it to Phuket and back.

Only thing i hate it is the gearbox jerk from gear 1 to 2. It has this problem since brand new.

Nissan Latio was also a popular choice. No one remembers this model??? Spacious and fuel efficient. Got 4AT and CVT models.

probably because of this..if its this model

280px-Nissan_Sentra_E_sedan.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/horrifying-crash-test-against-a-modern-car-shows-why-me-1788423100

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vXKChX2V--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/lizxp0m8d8y5rhfrjj7u.mp4

After decades as a mainstay in Mexico’s taxi fleets, Nissan announced the Tsuru—a new 1992 Sentra, basically—will cease production after a dismal zero-star crash test. Just how bad was the Tsuru, especially compared to a modern car? This bad.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Hypersonic

In terms of pricing, i always find nissan is below civic and corolla. I remember in early 2000s, when u go to resale car market, if you compared selling price for lancer, sunny, corolla and civic. Lancer was the lowest, then followed by sunny, corolla and civic most expensive. Lol.

I find manual sunny handling not say very good, esp for the 1.5L back in the early 2000s sunny. Corolla manual handling is the best.

Yup.

Lot of my friends had these as their family 1st or 2nd car during uni. So I rode in a lot of them when we go between hospitals and nus or when we go out.

Supersonic

Yup.

Lot of my friends had these as their family 1st or 2nd car during uni. So I rode in a lot of them when we go between hospitals and nus or when we go out.

Agreed, back then i have 2 cousins and one auntie drove this sunny at the same time. And one of my friend also owned one. Find quite nice to ride on this sunny la.

Nissan Showroom bukit timah closing down sia.

Not Nissan brand closing down sia.

The mood so gloom like Nissan will close down in Singapore

Supersonic

Haha...yeah, the Sunny was the aspirational buy then

Remembered circa 2000 i went w fren to Nissan showroom at Bt Timah. Blardy place was like fish market sia...

↡ Advertisement