• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
306 replies to this topic | 1,242 praises

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

Kodiaqer
  • Premium member
    Kodiaqer
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Good deal then. Seldom ever ADs will give better trade in price (without overtrade). My personal experience of AD trade in vs Quotz bidding:
(i) AD $39k vs Quotz $43k
(ii) AD $105k vs Quotz $120k

u must have liked the cars to purchase so much:)

cold calculated move would be to let go thru quotz

unless again car is needed back to back

Edited by Kodiaqer, 16 May 2019 - 10:33 AM.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can you explain more on why overtrade coming from buyer's pocket? I often hear overtrade but not sure what it means.

This explains it quite well:

https://www.oneshift...ar-in-singapore
Derf8988 praised this

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u must have liked the cars to purchase so much:)

cold calculated move would be to let go thru quotz

unless again car is needed back to back

I hv 2 cars so not so subjected to the back to back situation. I oso make this known to the SE that i not desparate to buy if deal not good coz i still hv another car to get around
Kodiaqer and andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

cmcex
  • cmcex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ahemmm....are u implying that SEs take a cut of the oredi lowball price when they refer to used car dealer?...*shock*horror*

They refer to us, we offer a price and they cut the amount they want and offer to consumer, get it?

Likewise for all bidding website when seller put up their vehicle for bids, we pay extra comm to the website ie Quotz, either we pay 1.5% or $500 which ever higher, and if for car near scrap, we offer $10000 they will offer $9700 and yes we still pay the $300 to Quotz

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

cmcex
  • cmcex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

my recent experience with trade in price is can nego and sometimes it get escalated to Head of Sales, even GM/MD level

cos is back to back to the purchase price and bundling of the new car buying

but its still loss, just don lose so much and how much is so much is the key tat buyer hv to decide, before even signing on the dotted line both ways...

The escalation is talking nonsense. In the end, its all decided between the "order taker" and the dealer he work with.

Tan Chong, Motor Image: used car trade in controlled by Hua Yang

Borneo Motors: used car trade in controlled by Inchcape

C&C: used car trade in controlled by Republic Auto

PML: used car trade in controlled by PPSL

this is just to name a few that i know of, PPSL and Republic is just a JV entity away from the main brand to control the used car trade in market. For some, they even develop an app and as dealers we have to pay "member fee" and "entrance fee" to be able to bid the cars.

Bcos agent doesnt wanna handle used cars, so JV with a dealer and do it, catch is the dealer has to hold the stocks with $ first meaninf $ to be paid for all trade ins whether to offset the new purchase, and then sell out to smaller dealers like us using bidding system app. Agent will be easier selling their cars cos someone is taking care of the trade in. 

Some that i know, like Hyundai, the "order takers" sell to whichever dealer they fell comfortable working with or give them better mark down margin

Derf8988 praised this

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They refer to us, we offer a price and they cut the amount they want and offer to consumer, get it?

Likewise for all bidding website when seller put up their vehicle for bids, we pay extra comm to the website ie Quotz, either we pay 1.5% or $500 which ever higher, and if for car near scrap, we offer $10000 they will offer $9700 and yes we still pay the $300 to Quotz

Yup as i suspected, many SEs practice under-referral. So Borneo's 6-8k figure is what they can account officially in their books. Actual is much higher

No wonder some SEs black face when i say i got no trade in car....

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

Kodiaqer
  • Premium member
    Kodiaqer
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The escalation is talking nonsense. In the end, its all decided between the "order taker" and the dealer he work with.

this is just to name a few that i know of, PPSL and Republic is just a JV entity away from the main brand to control the used car trade in market. For some, they even develop an app and as dealers we have to pay "member fee" and "entrance fee" to be able to bid the cars.

Bcos agent doesnt wanna handle used cars, so JV with a dealer and do it, catch is the dealer has to hold the stocks with $ first meaninf $ to be paid for all trade ins whether to offset the new purchase, and then sell out to smaller dealers like us using bidding system app. Agent will be easier selling their cars cos someone is taking care of the trade in. 

Some that i know, like Hyundai, the "order takers" sell to whichever dealer they fell comfortable working with or give them better mark down margin

welll....there are only 4 listed....fortunately or unfortunately was not dealing with one of them..

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SE get comm for trade in car, otherwise there's no incentive for them to try to get the trade in.

so u'll always get better price on ur own compared to trade in, although it may not be obvious since dealer can adjust the new car price to offer u higher trade in

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

But you still making money end of the day right?

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What is the price range that SEs usually cut for their pockets you came across?
Angcheek praised this

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

tan chong not cartimes?

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

tan chong not cartimes?

Nope. Tan Chong used car dealer is hua yang

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ask you a question since your know more about trade in.

i brought a vezel and traded in my vios. Insisted that my vios must be scrap not for export or renew coe. i got it written down as well.

a few days after colletion of my vios I received two letters from lta. vezel registered with my old reg nos. my vios gotten a new reg number with a new owner(trader) name.

I was wtf..called up the PI confirmed my vios transfered to another trader with new reg nos. they can't do anything.

I was so sad knowing my vios is still on the road. i did eventually heed my wife advice to let it off..I was thinking banging table and shaming that PI. i got it all on paoer b/w.

heart pain for my vios..

Edited by Kopites, 17 May 2019 - 09:43 AM.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i brought a vezel and traded in my vios. Insisted that my vios must be scrap not for export or renew coe. i got it written down as well.

a few days after colletion of my vios I received two letters from lta. vezel registered with my old reg nos. my vios gotten a new reg number with a new owner(trader) name.

I was wtf..called up the PI confirmed my vios transfered to another trader with new reg nos. they can't do anything.

I was so sad knowing my vios is still on the road. i did eventually heed my wife advice to let it off..I was thinking banging table and shaming that PI. i got it all on paoer b/w.

heart pain for my vios..

Your vios so condemn that it saddens u that it's still on the road? Sorri, catch no ball

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Your vios so condemn that it saddens u that it's still on the road? Sorri, catch no ball

Guess his heartpain is cos he meant the vios to finally have a final rest after all the years of faithful service.

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.πŸ˜…

Safe ride
Cheers
Kopites praised this

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:37 AM

theory_87
  • theory_87
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

heart pain for my vios..

Base on my understanding, if you retain you old carplate number, the swap must happen before the Vios is scrap. You can't retain your old carplate number once the car is scarp. This is why you receive the letter from LTA on the swap.

What happen to your old Vios after that depends on the new owner and I don't think you can do anything about it. And I don't understand the fuss of the Vios still on the road if it is road worthy.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Guess his heartpain is cos he meant the vios to finally have a final rest after all the years of faithful service.

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.Γ°

Safe ride
Cheers

I tried ............. but which language you used πŸ˜…
PSP415, Angcheek and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I tried ............. but which language you used Γ°

Haha...with gratitude that this fellow stayed with u almost a decade, least problem and faithfully ferrying your loved ones, some really heavy as well.

Language of love and appreciation. Did not start easily. First was all the kns directed at other idiots on the road. Then on other topics like "that car looks chio, u got hebbie blood? But i cant let u kiss her"πŸ˜…

Off on conversations. For me, it takes some stress off.

Just me and my ride. Hehe

Cheers
Pocy praised this

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.Γ°

Safe ride
Cheers

He can speak tomyum?

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

He can speak tomyum?

Er...all car parts only from Thailand ah? Quite sure the ones from China could understand me lahπŸ˜…

Safe ride
Cheers

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lexus, borneo motor, toyota and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users