Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

Ahemmm....are u implying that SEs take a cut of the oredi lowball price when they refer to used car dealer?...*shock*horror*

They refer to us, we offer a price and they cut the amount they want and offer to consumer, get it?

Likewise for all bidding website when seller put up their vehicle for bids, we pay extra comm to the website ie Quotz, either we pay 1.5% or $500 which ever higher, and if for car near scrap, we offer $10000 they will offer $9700 and yes we still pay the $300 to Quotz

↡ Advertisement

my recent experience with trade in price is can nego and sometimes it get escalated to Head of Sales, even GM/MD level

cos is back to back to the purchase price and bundling of the new car buying

but its still loss, just don lose so much and how much is so much is the key tat buyer hv to decide, before even signing on the dotted line both ways...

The escalation is talking nonsense. In the end, its all decided between the "order taker" and the dealer he work with.

Tan Chong, Motor Image: used car trade in controlled by Hua Yang

Borneo Motors: used car trade in controlled by Inchcape

C&C: used car trade in controlled by Republic Auto

PML: used car trade in controlled by PPSL

this is just to name a few that i know of, PPSL and Republic is just a JV entity away from the main brand to control the used car trade in market. For some, they even develop an app and as dealers we have to pay "member fee" and "entrance fee" to be able to bid the cars.

Bcos agent doesnt wanna handle used cars, so JV with a dealer and do it, catch is the dealer has to hold the stocks with $ first meaninf $ to be paid for all trade ins whether to offset the new purchase, and then sell out to smaller dealers like us using bidding system app. Agent will be easier selling their cars cos someone is taking care of the trade in. 

Some that i know, like Hyundai, the "order takers" sell to whichever dealer they fell comfortable working with or give them better mark down margin

• Praise 1

Supersonic

They refer to us, we offer a price and they cut the amount they want and offer to consumer, get it?

Likewise for all bidding website when seller put up their vehicle for bids, we pay extra comm to the website ie Quotz, either we pay 1.5% or $500 which ever higher, and if for car near scrap, we offer $10000 they will offer $9700 and yes we still pay the $300 to Quotz

Yup as i suspected, many SEs practice under-referral. So Borneo's 6-8k figure is what they can account officially in their books. Actual is much higher

No wonder some SEs black face when i say i got no trade in car....

The escalation is talking nonsense. In the end, its all decided between the "order taker" and the dealer he work with.

this is just to name a few that i know of, PPSL and Republic is just a JV entity away from the main brand to control the used car trade in market. For some, they even develop an app and as dealers we have to pay "member fee" and "entrance fee" to be able to bid the cars.

Bcos agent doesnt wanna handle used cars, so JV with a dealer and do it, catch is the dealer has to hold the stocks with $ first meaninf $ to be paid for all trade ins whether to offset the new purchase, and then sell out to smaller dealers like us using bidding system app. Agent will be easier selling their cars cos someone is taking care of the trade in. 

Some that i know, like Hyundai, the "order takers" sell to whichever dealer they fell comfortable working with or give them better mark down margin

welll....there are only 4 listed....fortunately or unfortunately was not dealing with one of them..

Supercharged

SE get comm for trade in car, otherwise there's no incentive for them to try to get the trade in.

so u'll always get better price on ur own compared to trade in, although it may not be obvious since dealer can adjust the new car price to offer u higher trade in

But you still making money end of the day right?

Hypersonic

What is the price range that SEs usually cut for their pockets you came across?
  • Praise 1

tan chong not cartimes?

(edited)

ask you a question since your know more about trade in.

i brought a vezel and traded in my vios. Insisted that my vios must be scrap not for export or renew coe. i got it written down as well.

a few days after colletion of my vios I received two letters from lta. vezel registered with my old reg nos. my vios gotten a new reg number with a new owner(trader) name.

I was wtf..called up the PI confirmed my vios transfered to another trader with new reg nos. they can't do anything.

I was so sad knowing my vios is still on the road. i did eventually heed my wife advice to let it off..I was thinking banging table and shaming that PI. i got it all on paoer b/w.

heart pain for my vios..

Edited by Kopites

Supersonic

i brought a vezel and traded in my vios. Insisted that my vios must be scrap not for export or renew coe. i got it written down as well.

a few days after colletion of my vios I received two letters from lta. vezel registered with my old reg nos. my vios gotten a new reg number with a new owner(trader) name.

I was wtf..called up the PI confirmed my vios transfered to another trader with new reg nos. they can't do anything.

I was so sad knowing my vios is still on the road. i did eventually heed my wife advice to let it off..I was thinking banging table and shaming that PI. i got it all on paoer b/w.

heart pain for my vios..

Your vios so condemn that it saddens u that it's still on the road? Sorri, catch no ball

Supersonic

Your vios so condemn that it saddens u that it's still on the road? Sorri, catch no ball

Guess his heartpain is cos he meant the vios to finally have a final rest after all the years of faithful service.

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.

• Praise 2

heart pain for my vios..

Base on my understanding, if you retain you old carplate number, the swap must happen before the Vios is scrap. You can't retain your old carplate number once the car is scarp. This is why you receive the letter from LTA on the swap.

What happen to your old Vios after that depends on the new owner and I don't think you can do anything about it. And I don't understand the fuss of the Vios still on the road if it is road worthy.

Hypersonic

Guess his heartpain is cos he meant the vios to finally have a final rest after all the years of faithful service.

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.ð

Safe ride

Cheers

I tried ............. but which language you used
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

I tried ............. but which language you used ð

Haha...with gratitude that this fellow stayed with u almost a decade, least problem and faithfully ferrying your loved ones, some really heavy as well.

Language of love and appreciation. Did not start easily. First was all the kns directed at other idiots on the road. Then on other topics like "that car looks chio, u got hebbie blood? But i cant let u kiss her"

• Praise 2

Supersonic

He's probably one of those who will speak to his ride like a friend. I do it as well.ð

Safe ride

Cheers

He can speak tomyum?

Supersonic

He can speak tomyum?

Er...all car parts only from Thailand ah? Quite sure the ones from China could understand me lah
  • Praise 1

I love my vios just can't bear for her to be on the road for another few more years.

Yes I do talk to her.

↡ Advertisement